Cowboys lose to Jets: End of the Jason Garrett era?

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Now the question is if the Cowboys decide to pull the plug on Garrett, when might that be? The team does have a bye in Week Eight after a divisional battle against the 3-3 Philadelphia Eagles. And making a coaching change during the bye week would be ideal. But the real answer is that a head coaching change isn’t likely to happen anytime soon in Dallas. And here’s why …

Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones will give Jason Garrett every opportunity for redemption. And with Dallas still being atop the divisional standings, the season can still be salvaged. But if the losses continue to pile up against questionable competition, and their playoff contention is in jeopardy, the pressure will mount. And as Jones displayed when he originally fired former head coach Wade Phillips to promote Garrett to the position back in 2010, he’s certainly capable of making a midseason change.

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/10/13/dallas-cowboys-lose-jets-end-jason-garrett/

Reaction score
5 year, $50 M extension for everyones favorite coach JG

Because well.......it's Sunday?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The end of the Jason Garrett Era won’t happen til Jerry bites the dust. I know that’s harsh, but it’s the truth. This team is done for the season. I know we went 3-5 last season, but damn, if that team last year didn’t have competitive fire in it. This team has no fire in it whatsoever. No spirit. No nothing. But hey, if we finish last in the division (looking like it might happen), we’ll play lower end teams next season and look like superstars again, so I guess that’s a win :clap:

gmb1

Reaction score
Reading between the lines, Garrett might be gone with a loss to the Iggles. I'll believe it when I see it..........

Reaction score
Now the question is if the Cowboys decide to pull the plug on Garrett, when might that be? The team does have a bye in Week Eight after a divisional battle against the 3-3 Philadelphia Eagles. And making a coaching change during the bye week would be ideal. But the real answer is that a head coaching change isn’t likely to happen anytime soon in Dallas. And here’s why …

Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones will give Jason Garrett every opportunity for redemption. And with Dallas still being atop the divisional standings, the season can still be salvaged. But if the losses continue to pile up against questionable competition, and their playoff contention is in jeopardy, the pressure will mount. And as Jones displayed when he originally fired former head coach Wade Phillips to promote Garrett to the position back in 2010, he’s certainly capable of making a midseason change.

The questionable competition part of the season is over. The tougher part is ahead.

dwreck27

Reaction score
We lose this week against the Eagles things get interesting

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Garrett has 10 games to make this right. The NFC West is going to grab the two wildcard slots so if we don’t win the division JG is gone.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The end of the Jason Garrett Era won’t happen til Jerry bites the dust. I know that’s harsh, but it’s the truth. This team is done for the season. I know we went 3-5 last season, but damn, if that team last year didn’t have competitive fire in it. This team has no fire in it whatsoever. No spirit. No nothing. But hey, if we finish last in the division (looking like it might happen), we’ll play lower end teams next season and look like superstars again, so I guess that’s a win :clap:

It will be an even numbered season :flagwave: :lmao: :lmao2:

ClearVision

Reaction score

If we lose to the avg Eagles I say we move on and let Kellen Moore fill in in the interim.
Sounds out there but he’s young and it’s a trend.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score

Honestly I think it depends how we lose and how the players react. He fired Wade mid-season because of several embarrassing losses and the players quitting on the team.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score

Honestly I think it depends how we lose and how the players react. He fired Wade mid-season because of several embarrassing losses and the players quitting on the team.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
based on the schedule, best case scenario we drop 6 of the last 10 with a realistic chance of dropping 8 of the last 10 . Even Garett won’t survive a 7-9 or 5-11 run in a contract year . The end is near.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
If Garrett loses the team Jones will let him go, and for the first time the team looks like its slipping away from him
Very true.... Jerry is that way. Miss playoffs too....that would get him in that direction. He’s got to be thinking for sure now...the seeds of doubt.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If we lose to the avg Eagles I say we move on and let Kellen Moore fill in in the interim.
Sounds out there but he’s young and it’s a trend.

With that being said...I can see a scenerio where Kellen takes over the last few games. Kind of like when he got the short end of the stick when he was playing QB for a team that had already quit for the year. Don't think he got a fair evaluation then...and if he took over as the HC...don't think it would be a fair evalution trying to make something out of the mess left behind by Garrett/Jones. :rolleyes:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Those who think Jason will get canned, are in for a huge disappointment .

There is no way Garrett gets fired .