Video: Cowboys made a mistake dragging out Dak’s contract

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Steven always drags negotiations out unless a player is accepting of a friendly deal from the beginning.
"Deadlines make deals"

Tagging Dak won't make things better unless he bombs and they get rid of him because his price goes nowhere, but up from here.
And probably up significantly and we will be pissing and moaning all about it like we did and do with DLaw.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
"i dont think jerry hires mike mccarthy if he isnt sold on dak"

pffff... casuals/amateur ... they don't know jack . (errr jerry)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
This feels somewhat like the Kirk Cousins thing in Washington D.C. except the Commanders were kinda open about not liking or trusting him and the Cowboys say Dak is the same caliber of QB as Tom Brady is. Who knows what is going down with this F.O. they obviously didn't have a concrete plan before Dak's fourth season to get him under contract or an actual contingency for a new QB to get if it was an absurd angle like the 40 million thing.

Swanny

Reaction score
Good discussion. Compares Dak and Goff and asks if the Rams are regretting their stupid decision of signing their mediocre player.

Cowboys made a mistake? Maybe it's Dak made the right move in refusing to sign an extension.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
"i dont think jerry hires mike mccarthy if he isnt sold on dak"

pffff... casuals/amateur ... they don't know jack . (errr jerry)

The problem with this line of thought is that it presupposes that the only reason McCarthy comes to Dallas is because he's sold on Dak. Well, if you don't have a job and you are looking for a job, you say what your prospective employer wants to hear. I mean, I don't know for sure but how many teams were beating McCarthy's door down? I have no idea but I don't remember him being the hot ticket HC. Jerry hired him because he's sold on his successful track record with HOF caliber QBs. That's why Jerry brought him here, he has a track record and he has a Super Bowl, that's why he's here. But that doesn't mean that McCarthy is 100% on board with Dak or that Dak can run his offense. That's just dumb. I mean, he might be able to but there is no guarantee of that. McCarthy is now the head coach. He has a contract. Now, I don't know what the details are but you figure, Garrett was making 30 mil on his deal so it's very likely that at minimum, it's at least that. He has full control of all Football decisions on the field so if he comes in and decides Dak is not the guy, he can make that call. Now, Jerry can fire him but he's still on the hook for whatever is in the contract. That's hard money in McCarthy's pocket and exactly hwo poorly would that reflect on McCarthy? He gets hired on to fix Dallas, he gets fired the minute he goes against Jerry and how does that not help him in the long run. That would be the narrative at play if it came down to it. McCarthy would have another job in a year and he'd be that much richer.

I don't agree with this guys line of thought. I think Jerry wants Dak to be the guy but the idea that Dak is a given because McCarthy believes him to be is hogwash IMO. That's not how you win as a Coach. You make everybody prove it every year.