Video: Cowboys made a mistake dragging out Dak’s contract

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
I don't understand what you're asking.

Not to be a d, but I’m not asking anything. I’m saying dak had the last 4 years to get a contract. He won 1 playoff game and as far as I’m concerned ended I’m his career in Philly the past season. He has looked avg at best, his entire career.
Yet he wants a huge pay raise and to be considered top tier.
I say shake hands with him and wish him the best of luck.

and don’t sign him back when he doesn’t get offered what he thinks he deserves. Chargers may be looking for his type, other than that, he is a backup or an example of how to act like a pro to a draft pick. Very Marc Sanchez kinda guy. Before you laugh, Sanchez accomplished a lot more than dak

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
I don't understand what you're asking.

to answer
Not to be a d, but I’m not asking anything. I’m saying dak had the last 4 years to get a contract. He won 1 playoff game and as far as I’m concerned ended I’m his career in Philly the past season. He has looked avg at best, his entire career.
Yet he wants a huge pay raise and to be considered top tier.
I say shake hands with him and wish him the best of luck.

and don’t sign him back when he doesn’t get offered what he thinks he deserves. Chargers may be looking for his type, other than that, he is a backup or an example of how to act like a pro to a draft pick. Very Marc Sanchez kinda guy. Before you laugh, Sanchez accomplished a lot more than dak
your question, how do the cowboys get better if they are dumb enough to sign dak? (Stupid question cause they won’t sign him)

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The problem with this line of thought is that it presupposes that the only reason McCarthy comes to Dallas is because he's sold on Dak. Well, if you don't have a job and you are looking for a job, you say what your prospective employer wants to hear. I mean, I don't know for sure but how many teams were beating McCarthy's door down? I have no idea but I don't remember him being the hot ticket HC. Jerry hired him because he's sold on his successful track record with HOF caliber QBs. That's why Jerry brought him here, he has a track record and he has a Super Bowl, that's why he's here. But that doesn't mean that McCarthy is 100% on board with Dak or that Dak can run his offense. That's just dumb. I mean, he might be able to but there is no guarantee of that. McCarthy is now the head coach. He has a contract. Now, I don't know what the details are but you figure, Garrett was making 30 mil on his deal so it's very likely that at minimum, it's at least that. He has full control of all Football decisions on the field so if he comes in and decides Dak is not the guy, he can make that call. Now, Jerry can fire him but he's still on the hook for whatever is in the contract. That's hard money in McCarthy's pocket and exactly hwo poorly would that reflect on McCarthy? He gets hired on to fix Dallas, he gets fired the minute he goes against Jerry and how does that not help him in the long run. That would be the narrative at play if it came down to it. McCarthy would have another job in a year and he'd be that much richer.

I don't agree with this guys line of thought. I think Jerry wants Dak to be the guy but the idea that Dak is a given because McCarthy believes him to be is hogwash IMO. That's not how you win as a Coach. You make everybody prove it every year.

Im impressed how Dak won Jerry over. Remember Jerry wouldnt even commit to Dak being the starter. He was still on Romo's wagon and was pushing for Romo to be back at starter once he was healthy.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I hear ya.

just waiting for to hear a reason that makes sense to run the same team out there but pay the qb an extra $30m instead of simply upgrading the qb position and spending the money elsewhere

Cool stuff -- like many of us here, I'm afraid our "heroes" at the Cowboys FO are about to get stuck with paying considerably more than we'd like to see. Hopefully, we'll survive the onslaught in some way or another. Upgrading the position will be difficult, both contractually and financially, no doubt. I'm sure, as fans, we'll be helpless to have it all our way, though. Let us pray! ;)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
so do you think the cowboys will be better if one position on last years 8-8 team gets a $30+million dollar pay raise? Or if they draft that position at equal or prob above the current talent, and upgrade the defense in free agency?

I think asking the #1 coach available to come here knowing dak is about to handcuff the team wouldn’t happen unless said coach was gonna take some heat off Jerry as far as dak goes. Obvious reasons why it’s hard to move on from dak.
I say we go all in on tua.
Tampa isn’t dumb enough to get rid of jameis since they surround him with nothing, but he is my 2nd guy.
Jordan love be my 3rd.
Cam newton on 1 year deal, if healthy and not playing scared, is my #1.

we need some legit talent at qb. Whether it’s running or not. This dak crap has got to end

I think it'll be interesting to see what transpires between Big Mike and the Dallas front office to arrive at a satisfactory solution to what lies ahead. Going "all in" on Tua would surely require spending an early pick or two that could otherwise go to obtaining some needed defensive solutions. I don't see a SB in the picture this year, in any event. So many adjustments await us!

There'll be no easy way out when push comes to shove. I'll be totally content to leave the contractual and talent problems to Jerry and son to wrestle with. I've got enough problems to deal with myself to worry about it too much. I'm just hoping for the best for the team, come what may. We'll be "entertained," no matter what, with the team. Tough sledding lies ahead in 2020, imho.

Last edited:

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I hear ya.

just waiting for to hear a reason that makes sense to run the same team out there but pay the qb an extra $30m instead of simply upgrading the qb position and spending the money elsewhere

Who are you bringing in to upgrade the qb position while spending less money?

JReed1000

Reaction score
Im impressed how Dak won Jerry over. Remember Jerry wouldnt even commit to Dak being the starter. He was still on Romo's wagon and was pushing for Romo to be back at starter once he was healthy.
Going 13-3 does that for an old man.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Let 'em all walk.
Dak isn't a playmaker.
Byron isn't a playmaker.
Cooper is a part-time playmaker.
Zeke is no longer a playmaker.
DLaw isn't a playmaker.

GUT THIS TEAM!
Haha..

I guess if we are going to crack under all this pressure for our favorite players..

we should be entitled to some of their loose change when all is said and done

I'll take a loose $100,000 from any player who can't carry all their loot to the bank..

Just saying.

kskboys

Reaction score
I hear ya.

No simply to it. Finding a decent starting QB is very difficult.

kskboys

Reaction score
Also....
Even tho I’m against dak getting any pay raise at all, who do you think the cowboys would be competing with in free agency if they told dak to go shop himself? I can’t think of any teams looking for a guy like him besides us, and we need to upgrade obviously.
Nothing would piss me off more than dak getting a pay raise Realizing nobody will pay him.
And then getting a 12m a year contract.
That’s a $10m raise for no upgrade. That’s like taking your truck to the shop and giving them $5k dollars and picking it up and nothing has been done to your truck.
You've misevaluated Dak badly.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
No simply to it. Finding a decent starting QB is very difficult.

how hard do you think it would be to find guys that could have qb’d the past years team to 8 measly wins?
First 3 games of the year shouldn’t even count. then Philly handed us a game on their first two offensive possessions.
We beat Detroit’s 3rd string qb and rb barely.

how hard is being the qb of this team if 8 wins gets a pay raise? Not a small pay raise either

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Wait for the hold-out .

Dak's agent planned this the exact day Zeke got signed for holding out .

BS!!!! The two are COMPLETELY different. Elliott was still under contract and if he sat out the entire year he still would have another year by the Cowboys using the 5th year option and wouldn't been going anywhere. Even a first year assistant to an agent knows the difference between a player still under contract and free agents who might get tagged. I agree that France told Prescott to threaten to sit if tagged but we all know that he really won't because if he does all of the other GM's in the league will see that as a problem QB and drastically affect what any team would offer if Prescott were made available. Teams don't like players that only worry about themselves. Sometimes players try playing hardball like that because they don't want to be on a team and other GM's realize that, but Prescott can't claim that because he's stated many times that it was always his dream to play for the Cowboys, that he had been a Cowboys fan growing up.