Cowboys Making Late Run At Signing Dak Prescott To Extension

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

source.gif

The fact is that Dak and his agent are trying to get the deal done before the games count and Dak is playing for $2 million and risking injury.

The posturing to this point is fading away as the Joneses knew it would. Their offer will be accepted prior to Sunday.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Better check the old CowboysZone survival kit I packed back in November 2016...

Neck massager for shaking head at reactions?
Check.
Chloraseptic throat spray for laughing at reactions?
Check.
Ban hammer for minds completely losing it?
Check.

Alrighty then! Bring on the mammoth signing!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm kind of glad. Next year's offseason is going to be tough enough without Dak's contract hanging over their head.

Amari Cooper
Byron Jones
Maliek Collins
Jason Witten
Robert Quinn
Randall Cobb
Sean Lee
Tavon Austin
Joe Looney
Antwaun Woods (restricted)
Anthony Brown (good riddance)
Jeff Heath (finally!)
Tyrone Crawford (cap casualty?)
L.P. Ladoucier
Xavier Su'a-Filo
Christian Covington
Joe Thomas

RamziD

Reaction score
I feel the same way I did about Zeke. I think you should sign your core players as long as it doesn’t force you to have to go cheap on an impact position or a whole position group. They’re being pretty smart with the contracts so I don’t really doubt they’ll make a good deal with Dak or Cooper. I don’t really care what the overall value of any contract is.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm kind of glad. Next year's offseason is going to be tough enough without Dak's contract hanging over their head.

Amari Cooper
Byron Jones
Maliek Collins
Jason Witten
Robert Quinn
Randall Cobb
Sean Lee
Tavon Austin
Joe Looney
Antwaun Woods (restricted)
Anthony Brown (good riddance)
Jeff Heath (finally!)
Tyrone Crawford (cap casualty?)
L.P. Ladoucier
Xavier Su'a-Filo
Christian Covington
Joe Thomas
Sean Lee will be a coach. Jeff Heat. He'll take what they give him. You need solid football players like that

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ed werder just regurgitated what we already heard. SOMEONE in the sports world we need to give major props to is Jay Glazer. THAT GUY knows what he is talking about and doesn't spew the same old stuff all the other talking heads do. He is a legit "insider." Guy called the Zeke signing before game 1 like a month in advance. Same with Skip Bayless. Those 2 were spot on.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This deal with Dak was always gonna get done right about now...week 2 at latest.Its right on schedule. Same with Amari.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It makes more sense for him to sign now then play into the season. Playing without a contract if it was offered just make's no sense to me.

Now that Wentz and Goff are signed Dak should know what his exact numbers are.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
It's a gamble either way. I didn't watch any preseason games, but if there is still a accuracy issue i'd wait and see how this season unfolds for Dak before a extension. If Dak plays great the Cowboys will probably have to pay a lot more later on, nature of the beast. Were Dak's passes on the money this preseason?