Cowboys Marketing co. that plays football on the side

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dear fellow zone freaks---- i listened to Mike Fisher on Utube this morning...and when Waletzko went

down we should have been finding a LT replacement....we all know Ball will get our QB killed.....

i really use to think Dallas Cowboys truly wanted to win....but they dont....look at the LA Rams

they know how to move monies around and keep solid players....Jerry and Stephen only put on

a face "its all good" to make money....2 significant players we let go because we did not like them

Cooper and and Collins....sure they may have had some issues but if you are going to stick your

neck out for years for Randy Gregory only to have him dump you learn to work with people because

we desperately need both of them now.....teams that want to win do that....NOT THE COWBOYS

I am sure leadership will probably remove this thread but not because its false....you all have been

shaking your heads at how lame the front office has been doing things...now you know why....you

love a football team that is only a Marketing company that plays football on the side

sincerely
GORICO who needs to be honest

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dear fellow zone freaks---- i listened to Mike Fisher on Utube this morning...and when Waletzko went

down we should have been finding a LT replacement....we all know Ball will get our QB killed.....

i really use to think Dallas Cowboys truly wanted to win....but they dont....look at the LA Rams

they know how to move monies around and keep solid players....Jerry and Stephen only put on

a face "its all good" to make money....2 significant players we let go because we did not like them

Cooper and and Collins....sure they may have had some issues but if you are going to stick your

neck out for years for Randy Gregory only to have him dump you learn to work with people because

we desperately need both of them now.....teams that want to win do that....NOT THE COWBOYS

I am sure leadership will probably remove this thread but not because its false....you all have been

shaking your heads at how lame the front office has been doing things...now you know why....you

love a football team that is only a Marketing company that plays football on the side

sincerely
They just need to be good enough to be relevant. The only major change they made was in 2003 and that was just to get the stadium built. They just need to be good enough to keep interest up in the team. 8 billion, you have to admit they are good at what they do

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They just need to be good enough to be relevant. The only major change they made was in 2003 and that was just to get the stadium built. They just need to be good enough to keep interest up in the team. 8 billion, you have to admit they are good at what they do

Mike Fisher calls the cowboys a Marketing phenomena who play football on the side.....hope its not true....but i will be honest i am beginning to really dislike Stephen Jones during free agency
t

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

sincerely
this story is no different than any other year....and somebody posts this type of finding, every year. I did it a few times. we are not about winning. we are about the show. Jerry even said it himself. so yeah, not surprised.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Mike Fisher calls the cowboys a Marketing phenomena who play football on the side.....hope its not true....but i will be honest i am beginning to really dislike Stephen Jones during free agency
t
The Jones boys are a couple of billionaire bozo fans who run a football team the way they WANT TO !
it wont make sense half the time, and you just need to accept that, because it wont change.
We as fans are cursed by them owning the team, and they love playing with it. They are having fun with it win or lose.

So as a fan you need to find a way to have fun too ! Fisher said that in his rant video the other day, that you can still have fun
as a fan of cowboys, if you dont look at just the mole, dont focus on the mole or you wont have fun.

It helps to pick a couple of other teams to root for each year, and if they do good, then you can enjoy the season more.
I rooted for Seattle back when they went to their 1st SB, and that was fun, I was rooting for brady and TB and they won the SB,
so that was fun too. Rooting for him / them this year too.

The cowboys, I find them entertaining, and like for them to make the playoffs, but I dont really care what happens in the playoffs.
I dont expect them to go all the way, so I cant be disappointed. Also I really dont want to see jerry hold up another SB trophy,
as he doesnt deserve another one. I dont like the way he has treated jimmy, acting like a child still being mad over
something that happened 27 years ago.
But I still enjoy watching cowboy games and talking about all the goings on which are usually amusing, and I have fun with it.

So like fish says, the important thing is find a way to have fun with it as it is, because the jones boys are what they are, and we are stuck
with those 2 bozo's!

Carson

Reaction score
If Dallas is 17-0 people talk

If Dallas is 9-8 people talk

If Dallas is 0-17 people talk

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
is this really news? pretty sure this has been discussed, maybe 100 times in the past year.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

sincerely
:hammer: This off season and the charade of events that the Jones's did convinced me of the same thing.

elcowboi

Reaction score

sincerely

And we'll continue to watch every year without fail...

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
Us fans need to be more vocal in our displeasure with how this team is being run.

Carson

Reaction score
Us fans need to be more vocal in our displeasure with how this team is being run.
It will do absolutely nothing.

Opposing teams will always show up to watch us lose. It’s the richest franchise in the world. Us vetoing buying jerseys or season tickets does absolutely nothing.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
It will do absolutely nothing.

Opposing teams will always show up to watch us lose. It’s the richest franchise in the world. Us vetoing buying jerseys or season tickets does absolutely nothing.
That’s exactly what The Jones’s probably think. I’m not in alignment with them

75boyz

Reaction score
Agreed. And nice title choice for your OP.

Short term memory fails me as to specifically whom it was, but I had a discussion with a fellow Zoner about the Collins, Gregory and Coop losses.

I thought Collins/Gregory were included in that select group of protected players to whom Jerry had special history with. I mean the nurturing and loyalty shown to Gregory over such a long period and the circumstances surrounding his drafting in the first place.

And who can forget Collins UDFA draft status and the reasons surrounding it, followed up by a steak dinner at Jerry's with the whole offensive line on hand to help convince him to choose Dallas.

They both musta crossed a personal line of unforgiveness for Jerry for the amount of time and money invested on the 2 of them.

Now Coop, since he wasn't a Jerry draft pick("our guys") may have had a shorter personal leash in Jerry's eyes regardless of how valuable he was in the past and now that Jerry had Cee Dee made him seem more expendable. His covid beliefs and then mentioning target opportunities publicly most likely sealed his fate.

Being their customary reactive mindset as to LT alternatives vice pursuing options sooner is just the Jones duo being the Joneses. Again.

But yeah,
The 20 mil in cap space still sitting there is a head scratcher for me as well as they just let 3 very valuable assets go without getting equal value in return imo.

jmo

Last edited:

JBS

Reaction score
You say this as if it’s your opinion. Ownership is on record stating this already. This is a fact. I’ve heard them say it.

LysleE

Reaction score
I don’t know that any of us Cowboys fans are surprised at the overall philosophy of ownership.

If you look at the most successfully-run franchises, their ownership consists of multi-generational family ownership, or in their absence, owners with enough sense to delegate daily operations/player personnel to an experienced GM; and that GM’s job security is dependent on the team’s success.

We are at the mercy of an egotistical salesman and his sidekick son, who are so arrogant, naive and ignorant, to the extent they thought they could just step-in and run this team returning it to glory.

I’m sure the Jones’ Boys pat themselves on the back daily and actually think they run a successful franchise using the metric of the franchise appreciating in value; but by any other yardstick, this FO has the franchise mired in mediocrity and for some reason, a sense of entitlement not even close to being earned.

Jerry talks the talk of returning to the Super Bowl, but let’s face it; so long as the revenues keep flowing; and fans continue to buy tickets, concessions and apparel nothing will ever change. So I just prepare myself to temper the expectations put forth by the FO and watch another early exit from the playoffs…assuming we make it that far this year.

Flamma

Reaction score
t

That's fair to say. They don't do anything to suggest otherwise. What's interesting is most fans don't pay attention to everything that's happening in the offseason. It was only until the 2016 offseason did a red flag go up for me. Even then I just thought they were over valuing the talent on the team. This is now the 6th off season since I've been paying attention that the Cowboys have this off season approach. A little research would indicate it started back somewhere around 2013. After they moved up for Morris Claiborne and picked up DB Carr in FA. It changed right after that.

My guess is that early success with their new system is what has given them reason to keep it going. 2014 was a really good year. Best since 2009. Then 2016 right after that. They probably didn't count 2015 since Romo was out most of the year.

One more thing. You know Mark Holmes? He's got a you tube channel and is a big Cowboys fan. He said Stephen Jones said that he would take less risk when Jerry is gone. Try to figure that one out.

75boyz

Reaction score
:hammer: This off season and the charade of events that the Jones's did convinced me of the same thing.

Yep. And it's almost as if everyone has completely forgotten about a guilty and early retired longtime PR guy pervert, a Jerry illegit Love Child legal case and of course a player being in the same vehicle with 2 guys who drive by murdered another person.
I guess Jerry would call it "Even bad publicity is still publicity."

Staying relevant.

But yeah, the above all happened during this offseason too in case some might have forgotten, lol.