Twitter: Cowboys meeting with WR Thompson

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
These receivers are pretty much garbage. Hurns has some ability but that's about it.

Thompson and Hunter are definitely no more than backups. Inman might could challenge Williams for the No. 2 job. Hurns definitely is No. 2 worthy. Trouble is, I think Hurns will cost No. 1 money.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Seriously lol! I mean do people really think anyone would suggest that this scrub could replace him? That’s why I didn’t put anything in my original post about it being a joke.

Oh just sit back and watch you’ll see

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Why bring these jokers in? They got Brown in the late rounds last year take another one to replace Butter or heck might can find an undrafted free agent. These already proved they suck take a chance on a young guy who knows might turn into AB.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thompson and Hunter are definitely no more than backups. Inman might could challenge Williams for the No. 2 job. Hurns definitely is No. 2 worthy. Trouble is, I think Hurns will cost No. 1 money.

Hurns is coming off of two 400 yard seasons. I don't think he's commanding anything remotely like #1 money. He's not even a 2.

LittleD

Reaction score
If you drafted a WR in the first on any team it would make at least 1 starter expendable. But certainly not the first year.

That's why we are interviewing WR's in the building this week. Dez is going to get that take a pay cut or take a hike offer right after the draft.
All the money for him will dry up after the draft.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Hurns is coming off of two 400 yard seasons. I don't think he's commanding anything remotely like #1 money. He's not even a 2.

Watkins was coming off 593- and 430-yard seasons. (Hurns were 477 and 484.) The only things that might keep his market reasonable are a lot of teams having already signed their FA wide receivers and the fact that he's coming off two seasons where he was slowed by injuries.

I totally disagree that he's not a No. 2.

Watkins in four years has 192 catches for 3,052 yards (15.9 average) and 25 TDs. Hurns has 189 for 2,669 (14.1) and 21 TDs in four years.

Last edited:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
That's why we are interviewing WR's in the building this week. Dez is going to get that take a pay cut or take a hike offer right after the draft.
All the money for him will dry up after the draft.

No he’s not lol

A couple of backups and a first round pick with no experience does not make Dez expendable this year especially with the contracts that were handed out. The All-time TD leader who is turning 29 with almost 8k career recieving yards is not leaving Dallas this year. It would not make sense to take a pay cut this late in the offseason before the draft. Dez isn’t stupid and neither is Dallas seeing what some of these players with limited experience and production have gotten. Right now Dez is a bargain for what’s been handed out.

LittleD

Reaction score
No he’s not lol

A couple of backups and a first round pick with no experience does not make Dez expendable this year especially with the contracts that were handed out. The All-time TD leader who is turning 29 with almost 8k career recieving yards is not leaving Dallas this year. It would not make sense to take a pay cut this late in the offseason before the draft. Dez isn’t stupid and neither is Dallas seeing what some of these players with limited experience and production have gotten. Right now Dez is a bargain for what’s been handed out.

To each his own my friend and we can agree to disagree. If the FO would have signed Sammy, Dez would be on his way out of town.
Hurns is just as good as Sammy any day.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I bet he gets 6M somewhere.

I think if it's a multi-year deal, it will be closer to $10 million per year. He could take a one-year, prove-it deal, though, around $7 million in order to show he's worth what Watkins got paid.

Einstein

Reaction score
Honestly why are we looking at WRs? We have our #1, 2, 3, 4, and probably 5 WR already in Dez, TWill, Beas, Switzer, and Brown... plus we could pick up one in the draft... I liked Butler, but we don't need 6 WR's on the roster.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
To each his own my friend and we can agree to disagree. If the FO would have signed Sammy, Dez would be on his way out of town.
Hurns is just as good as Sammy any day.

So you think Allen is worth 16 million a year? He’s coming off an injury and has had what 2 400 yard seasons? lol

Sorry Sammy Watkins is not a 16 million dollar a year player. The reason they changed the draft money was for that exact reason you don’t pay top dollar for unproven players. Track record right now shows those guys couldn’t shine Dez’s shoes.

I hope some of you are miserable when Dez is throwing up the X catching Td’s this season.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Despite no signings i'm glad they are starting to visit with FA's.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Honestly why are we looking at WRs? We have our #1, 2, 3, 4, and probably 5 WR already in Dez, TWill, Beas, Switzer, and Brown... plus we could pick up one in the draft... I liked Butler, but we don't need 6 WR's on the roster.

I agree with this, which is why I don't think we're looking for a fifth or sixth receiver. I think we're looking for something more than that, so it will be interesting to see what happens if we sign one of these receivers.

If for some reason, Dallas' front office is thinking that getting a No. 5 or No. 6 receiver needs to be this kind of priority, then we're more mixed up than I thought.

LittleD

Reaction score
So you think Allen is worth 16 million a year? He’s coming off an injury and has had what 2 400 yard seasons? lol

Sorry Sammy Watkins is not a 16 million dollar a year player. The reason they changed the draft money was for that exact reason you don’t pay top dollar for unproven players. Track record right now shows those guys couldn’t shine Dez’s shoes.

I hope some of you are miserable when Dez is throwing up the X catching Td’s this season.

In this offense and with Dak as QB, Dez is a liability. He cannot run any longer and he can't run routes to save his life.
Dez was pretty good with an accurate QB like Romo throwing jump balls to him. Today, not so much. Dak needs speedy,
small, quick breaking route runners. Dez is none of that.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Why is everyone thinking Hurns will cost a lot? Hurns haven't played a productive season since 2015. He has came off of some type of injury for the last two years and even before he got hurt, he wasn't worth the extension that Jacksonville signed him for. If I remember correctly, it was about 10 mil a year.

Hurns is going to be signed for cheap and the Cowboys should get him because he is capable for putting up big numbers from the outside or in the slot.