News: Cowboys Need to Scoop Coop

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cowboys Need to Scoop Coop
https://profootballtalkline.com/nfl.../news/129391/cowboys-need-to-scoop-coop.html/

In the famous words of a popular, long-running game show, Amari Cooper and Tyreek Hill can “come on down” because they’re the next contestants on the wide receiver “Price is Right”. Antonio Brown opened the flood gates with a Saturday night tweet about his new home with Raider nation. Brown was able to secure a deal worth 18 million a year at 31 years old. You can bet wide receivers like Hill, Cooper, and others have taken note. Cooper is 24 years old with talent and a lot of room to grow. Jerry Jones should seal the deal and extend his wide receiver as soon as possible.

The Cowboys have a lot of cap room for the first time in years, however, with extensions likely for Demarcus Lawrence, Byron Jones, and Dak, there’s only so much room to give. The Boys have already invested a first round pick in Cooper and with the latest developments in wide receiver land, he now has some leverage. Jerry’s going to have to open up his pocketbook, and he knows it.

Antonio Brown’s deal broke the bank and Tyreek Hill will probably want a deal for 20 million a year. The time for Jerry to lock it in is now before another good receiver hits pay dirt. It’s no secret, Cooper helps Dak’s game tremendously and the often unpredictable quarterback needs all the help he can get.

An investment has already been made with the first round pick so Jerry should spend 15 million if that’s the number before it turns into 20. Amari can play and is a bonafide WR#1 who deserves his payday. He gets open, gets 1000 plus yards, and moves the chains while eating up cornerbacks. The Cowboys need him...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Alright Jerry, you got your goat...now get back into today's NFL while the franchise can.

Green Bay and New England still do free agency similar to Jerry and the Cowboys.

Last edited:

Falco78

Reaction score
While I agree I think Hill was horribly overpaid. Sorry no gadget player is worth that and that is what he is

Ddisco22

Reaction score
https://profootballtalkline.com/nfl.../news/129391/cowboys-need-to-scoop-coop.html/

In the famous words of a popular, long-running game show, Amari Cooper and Tyreek Hill can “come on down” because they’re the next contestants on the wide receiver “Price is Right”. Antonio Brown opened the flood gates with a Saturday night tweet about his new home with Raider nation. Brown was able to secure a deal worth 18 million a year at 31 years old. You can bet wide receivers like Hill, Cooper, and others have taken note. Cooper is 24 years old with talent and a lot of room to grow. Jerry Jones should seal the deal and extend his wide receiver as soon as possible.

The Cowboys have a lot of cap room for the first time in years, however, with extensions likely for Demarcus Lawrence, Byron Jones, and Dak, there’s only so much room to give. The Boys have already invested a first round pick in Cooper and with the latest developments in wide receiver land, he now has some leverage. Jerry’s going to have to open up his pocketbook, and he knows it.

Antonio Brown’s deal broke the bank and Tyreek Hill will probably want a deal for 20 million a year. The time for Jerry to lock it in is now before another good receiver hits pay dirt. It’s no secret, Cooper helps Dak’s game tremendously and the often unpredictable quarterback needs all the help he can get.

An investment has already been made with the first round pick so Jerry should spend 15 million if that’s the number before it turns into 20. Amari can play and is a bonafide WR#1 who deserves his payday. He gets open, gets 1000 plus yards, and moves the chains while eating up cornerbacks. The Cowboys need him...
Cowboys are kinda stingy.

CCBoy

Reaction score
While I agree I think Hill was horribly overpaid. Sorry no gadget player is worth that and that is what he is
Gadget...alright, back to basics - what makes a good linebacker? Get into the general arena of relevance, first...

Falco78

Reaction score
Gadget...alright, back to basics - what makes a good linebacker? Get into the general arena of relevance, first...
Tackling ability, play distinction/instincts, athletics. He only has the last item.... But if you want to speak WR then let's discuss...

tm1119

Reaction score
84 catches
He has speed, his hands are average, he is not able to make the spectacular catches so yeah way overpaid!

Cool...he was top 5 at doing his job of gaining receiving yards and scoring TD’s. I don’t give a damn if the guy catches the ball with his mouth and runs on his hands...he’s 1 of, if not THE, most dynamic players in the league.

John813

Reaction score
I'm confused. Has Hill been re-signed yet?
Last I saw it was merely rumors on his extension.

UpNorth

Reaction score
Alright Jerry, you got your goat...now get back into today's NFL while the franchise can.

Green Bay and New England still do free agency similar to Jerry and the Cowboys.
Yeah but they've been successful in the last quarter century

Slight difference

Who do you wanna take with our 1st round pick this year?:rolleyes:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yeah but they've been successful in the last quarter century

Slight difference

Who do you wanna take with our 1st round pick this year?:rolleyes:

Sorry, my picture includes a strong cap picture, a fist full of very good players...and recent playoff success.

I'm not limited by a cry in one's beer picture of Jerry and a cover all franchise now lingering on with a very old Tom Brady.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Tackling ability, play distinction/instincts, athletics. He only has the last item.... But if you want to speak WR then let's discuss...
If he is so deficit...explain away thee Pro Bowl appearances in how many seasons in the NFL?

UpNorth

Reaction score
Sorry, my picture includes a strong cap picture, a fist full of very good players...and recent playoff success.

I'm not limited by a cry in one's beer picture of Jerry and a cover all franchise now lingering on with a very old Tom Brady.
I wouldn't describe 3 playoff wins (all single win playoff runs) in a quarter century as "recent playoff success".

"Lingering on on with a very old Tom Brady " is also not how i would describe the SuperBowl winners who are in the SuperBowl every year.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
'An extension would help the salary cap because he’s due for a 13 million payout this season. It would also create salary cap room for a player like Earl Thomas or Gerald McCoy who could help this playoff team reach a whole new level.'

Whelp...looks like this team will be stuck at the same dang level that it's been on for the past 20+ seasons. :yourock:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He has speed, his hands are average, he is not able to make the spectacular catches so yeah way overpaid!

If Tyreek Hill's hands are average, what would you think about Cooper's 17% and 20% drop rate in 2015 and 2017? Yikes

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Just cause theres no news doesnt mean theyr working on a deal. Cooper is just the type of player who is private and isnt like Lawrence or Dak or Elliot who will put their business out in the open.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I wouldn't describe 3 playoff wins (all single win playoff runs) in a quarter century as "recent playoff success".

"Lingering on on with a very old Tom Brady " is also not how i would describe the SuperBowl winners who are in the SuperBowl every year.
No conversation with a defined bias and personal agenda.

Never once question the here and now and directions that could go with Dallas and New England. Really think Brady is top shelf for very much longer?

As to current play...you rush to hide behind a distant past. Teams acquire playoff experience, even young ones. You ignore all but an agenda, when one discounts recent victories and losses by a total of 3 points twice, in games that should have ended up in the NFC Championship game. Low ball that all one wishes, but that is calling the real truth a lamb chop...As to every year, try more recently, they have had some slide in organization. Missed it once and didn't win the other that's not this season?

Straight up, think that Bellichick and Brady make it past Kansas City THIS season? This fan doesn't...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Just cause theres no news doesnt mean theyr working on a deal. Cooper is just the type of player who is private and isnt like Lawrence or Dak or Elliot who will put their business out in the open.

The OP states a cause for going ahead and striking a deal and gain short termed and long termed gains for the cap.