Cowboys need to trade up for Isaiah Simmons NO MATTER WHAT!

timb2

Reaction score
The Cowboys need to trade up and give whatever they need for Isaiah Simmons .This guy can play every defensive position except for defensive tackle .He's a special player he's one in like every 10 years .He's the next type of Lawrence Taylor Derrick Thomas Charles Haley DeMarcus Ware but he can play corner and he can play the safety besides linebacker and edge this guy's phenomenal.I don't care if it is 2 first round and 2 second round picks.JERRY MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Lol no they don't. He's not a passrusher, and that's the only type of player worth trading up for.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Cowboys need to trade up and give whatever they need for Isaiah Simmons .This guy can play every defensive position except for defensive tackle .He's a special player he's one in like every 10 years .He's the next type of Lawrence Taylor Derrick Thomas Charles Haley DeMarcus Ware but he can play corner and he can play the safety besides linebacker and edge this guy's phenomenal.I don't care if it is 2 first round and 2 second round picks.JERRY MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

He can play all those positions at the same time??

He would pretty much have to here.

fivetwos

Reaction score
....and those are some mighty bold comparisons.

...and its about physically impossible to be an effective pass rusher in the NFL and ALSO have the body type to play DB.

Seems all kind of made up in your head off some YouTube videos.

Not to mention theres an entire other thread on all this if you scroll down a bit.

I personally am hoping the Giants take him because I think he isnt much more than a 43 OLB in the NFL, and he wont make much of an impact at all in year one.

DanA

Reaction score
Does no-one else get the draft day quote?

timb2

Reaction score
He got enough he got eight and a half his Senior year Simmons going to do everything else had at 107 tackles three interceptions is going to be doing other positions not just h rush the passer he's a valuable player. You don't have to worry about switching over to a nickel or anything like that he's going to be able to stay on the field the whole time

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
Where is he going to line up for every snap?That's what's going to cause offense's trouble . Are we in a 3-4 are we in a 4-3 is he playing safety is he being a nickel what's he doing ? That's going to drive offenses crazy .He is going to make mismatches for us and he's going to be successful weapon.

timb2

Reaction score
He'll cover your tailbacks coming out of the backfield .He's going to be able to cover slots .wide receivers tight ends and he can rush the passer .That guy is going to be a star

timb2

Reaction score
I might be a little older than some of you guys . Some older guys know what I'm talking about .I see some Lawrence Taylor in Simmons ,he play linebacker he could rush the passer he could drop off in coverage and cover a WR .You can't block him with a RB. He cannot be blocked by a OT .he's too fast . Taylor drove offenses crazy .Teams always needing to know where he was at all times.

timb2

Reaction score
I never say trade up I love the draft picks this is the only time I would say trade up

bewp7

Reaction score
2020 1 (17), 2 (51), 3 (82), 4 (123), 2021 1 + 2 is probably what it would cost to get to get to 3. i don’t really know how future picks are valued tbh but it would cost a lot to get simmons.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
2020 1 (17), 2 (51), 3 (82), 4 (123), 2021 1 + 2 is probably what it would cost to get to get to 3. i don’t really know how future picks are valued tbh but it would cost a lot to get simmons.

There's absolutely no way Simmons is worth the farm.

Unless he was the missing piece that ensured Dallas 3 Super Bowl wins, sure..but Dallas is far from one player off.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Be prepared to see him twice a year with the giants

And the Commanders will most-likely draft Chase Young who i am even more afraid. Commanders seem to be always drafting high lol
And the 49ers have a top 15 draft pick because trading defensive tackle DeForest Buckner to the colts. Question when is the last time we traded someone and got a 1st round draft pick? We seem to overvalue our players a little.

timb2

Reaction score
What you guys think it's going to cost us to get to number 3 in Detroit spot? Years ago I remember we traded up with New England under Jimmy Johnson and we put like a 5 player list out and they grabbed three one was Eugene Lockhart Ron Francis and I can't remember the third player but we could try something like that maybe