Twitter: Cowboys News 6/11, first day of mini camp

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
McGovern was injured right after cashing his signing bonus check.

giphy.gif

Pulled that right off your hard drive didn’t you?

As if we needed anymore evidence you were sus.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

*I didn’t think Cobb had that much left but he seems to be fitting right in and moving well. I’m not a guy to form an opinion and stick to it no matter the evidence... I will be glad to admit my mistake if he does well in the slot and stays healthy. He certainly is looking good at this early point. He’s a smart, smart player.

*I really like D. Wilson a lot. If his coverage is good enough, he’s an ideal guy to have at Richard’s SS spot. He’s very explosive and one hell of a tackler. He’ll be fun to watch in Oxnard.

*Man, Jourdan Lewis is such a good player. He’s a natural CB. Everything about it comes easy to him, and he makes plays on the ball. I understand why Richard wants length in his DB’s but I sincerely hope that he finds room for Lewis to play. His athleticism, ball hawking, and attitude is needed out on the field.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Man, Lewis is such a good player. He’s a natural CB. Everything about it comes easy to him, and he makes plays on the ball. I understand why Richard wants length in his DB’s but I sincerely hope that he finds room for Lewis to play. His athleticism, ball hawking, and attitude is needed out on the field.

He's got attitude and some ball skills, but he also get burned a lot too when he's out there.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He's got attitude and some ball skills, but he also get burned a lot when he's out there.
I don’t remember him getting burned a lot out there, although I could be forgetting. I remember him getting beaten a couple of times but that happens to all corners.

Like I said, maybe I’m remembering wrong though.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I don’t remember him getting burned a lot out there, although I could be forgetting. I remember him getting beaten a couple of times but that happens to all corners.

Like I said, maybe I’m remembering wrong though.

Yeah, I think he had a bad stretch, but he's still a good player. He just isn't fit for the press coverage on the outside Ricahrd likes.

He's going to have to win in the slot to get playing time.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I don't see the depth at DT to move Collins.

Or the sense. If we trade him, I doubt we get more than the comp pick we'll be due when he leaves in free agency anyway. And we'd be trading him after two years playing with injured feet. That's finally taken care of. I'm optimistic we'll see a bump in performance from him.

Collins is actually a guy I'm hoping they extend on a team friendly deal. Buy low.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of time before Rush proves he's not a backup QB.

It's early yet but he's far from off to a good start. I'm hoping we'll acquire a vet QB. ;)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This will be Whites chance to take the backup role...

I'd like to think you're right, although he has much to do to prove himself.

His performance last year wasn't convincing. Let's see if that's changed.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I have big questions about both at this point. Backup quarterback scares me quite a bit.
I've been thinking about that too. This team is pretty solid and if Dak were to get a concussion or be out for a couple games having a solid backup could be the difference of making the playoffs.