Twitter: Cowboys News 6/11, first day of mini camp

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
I don’t remember him getting burned a lot out there, although I could be forgetting. I remember him getting beaten a couple of times but that happens to all corners.

Like I said, maybe I’m remembering wrong though.

He's serviceable but nothing more IMHO....not a prime time CB that can match up well with a stud WR out wide on an island. Slot? Yeah, much better matchup for him.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
EAGLES FAN WHO CAN EXPLAIN PERCENTAGES TO AISLE FIVE

EAGLES FAN WHO CAN EXPLAIN PERCENTAGES TO AISLE FIVE
Carry on, guys. I'm gonna have a drink and toast to you both. I hope you can work it out one of these days, considering you're fans of the same team.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Carry on, guys. I'm gonna have a drink and toast to you both. I hope you can work it out one of these days, considering you're fans of the same team.
I hope this goes on til Buddha has enough!
And that guy has the patience of... uh... Buddha.
Sorry... I kind of painted myself into a corner on that one.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He's serviceable but nothing more IMHO....not a prime time CB that can match up well with a stud WR out wide on an island. Slot? Yeah, much better matchup for him.
I think he’s considerably better than serviceable... but definitely not a prime time corner that can shut guys down. I think he’s somewhere in the middle there. IMO, he’s a starter.

Time will tell, I suppose. I’ve been wrong on guys before so I’m certainly not saying I know I’m right.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Yeah, that was just silly. He's the starting 3T at this point.

Going back to this article being silly to say Maliek Collins will be traded or cut, in the article Broaddus just posted about the OTAs today he said Collins looked better than any DL out there:

• You want the name of a guy who appears ready to start the season right now? Maliek Collins would be my guy. For the last month, he’s been the one guy in the front seven that has shown up well in these practices -- especially against the best competition. It’s not like he’s been having success against the backups. Collins has been giving Zack Martin, Connor Williams and Joe Looney fits. Collins appears healthy and his feet are not giving him problems. His movement and quickness have been outstanding along with his explosive power. Collins is winning those one-on-one battles on a consistent basis.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I wish she had asked Lee about how his hammies were doing.

Any news on that?

I'm still very excited about getting all 3 on the field at once. A healthy Lee is a huge upgrade over a Damien Wilson.

Any word on Jaylon? I remember big talk at the end of the season that we wasn't 100% yet.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Going back to this article being silly to say Maliek Collins will be traded or cut, in the article Broaddus just posted about the OTAs today he said Collins looked better than any DL out there:

• You want the name of a guy who appears ready to start the season right now? Maliek Collins would be my guy. For the last month, he’s been the one guy in the front seven that has shown up well in these practices -- especially against the best competition. It’s not like he’s been having success against the backups. Collins has been giving Zack Martin, Connor Williams and Joe Looney fits. Collins appears healthy and his feet are not giving him problems. His movement and quickness have been outstanding along with his explosive power. Collins is winning those one-on-one battles on a consistent basis.

Collins has been playing injured for the last 2 seasons. Actually healthy, I won't be surprised to see his performance take a big jump.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

More good news. Collins is going into a contract year and is probably geared up to have his best season ever.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score

its his money year of course he will be healthy and play lights out this season most of them do