Twitter: Cowboys not signing Ron Leary

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If he didn't look good enough, I would think that there would be no offer at all, not a deal falling through.
Is there a confirmation on a deal being offered? Because its week 3 and I would think the vet. minimum is what Leary would even ask for at this point. And the Cowboys can't go any cheaper than that.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Guessing he isn’t in good shape. Or his knee isn’t. Doubt it’s money.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
So we get to watch Connor Williams get steamrolled on roller skates the rest of the year?

I never understood the Connor Williams irrational hate. He is not Larry Allen. Get over it, no one will ever be Larry Allen.

Williams gives it his all, no trouble off the field, has position flex, good technique, added weight and strength.

Gets beat once in a while. So does every other OL.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is there a confirmation on a deal being offered? Because its week 3 and I would think the vet. minimum is what Leary would even ask for at this point. And the Cowboys can't go any cheaper than that.

A deal has to be offered to "fall through".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who released that Veldeer chose to retire than accept the Cowboys offer? It was just far more descriptive than just saying "money ain't right".

Todd Archer - who does not work for the team.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
This is feeling more and more like a Stephen Jones team.

quickccc

Reaction score
I suspect his displeasure was partly from being cut before and it was likely because of his wanting more in the past. Same old stuff. Perhaps the new staff doesn't think McGovern is as good as the previous one did. Seems like Dallas maybe didn't beat what Denver offered Leary. Hard call, I guess.

the tipbit is it was McClay group who was so high on him to draft him as early as the 3rd round - they relay their work and research to the coaches.
Overall i trust Wil McClay when they think they have found a player.

And i've yet to hear about any pending injury that's
held McGovern back.

Needs more development ? Fine but a highly regarded 3rd pick (per McClay) should at least be the primary backup OG - without having to
switch Looney to LG, while Tyler Biadasz immediately fills in at center.

And with the Ron Leary flirtation, that further more simply seems to indicate how OL coach Joe Philibin is so down on MGovern.

quickccc

Reaction score
I mean if they offered Veldheer a one year, 2.5 million deal, I imagine the money was similar.

I would imagine 2.5 million is better than 0. Guess not, eh Ron?

According to Leary, he’s in the best shape he’s been in in a while. Said he spent this offseason training as to rehabbing.

well, of course Ron Leary (or his agent) is gonna prompt how good a shape he is in. He's marketing himself.

Its up to a physical exam, ..and private workout and coaches review and evaluation if he is ripe and ready to go.