Twitter: Cowboys not signing Ron Leary

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think he's getting ready for a TV career playing Steve Urkel's dad in the updated version of "Family Matters."
EifkT9IXcAEFSs_
23890.png

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
Winning a game can alter opinions. Cowboys probably hoping the OL needs time to mesh, but lack of interior talent will show up again.

It wasn't just an Aaron Donald thing.
That is what I'm worried about. Just because they eeked out a win doesn't mean that's why you don't sign someone. With the way injuries are going this year in the NFL, I want to make sure we have quality depth as well.

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
Likely tried to get him on the cheap and he wouldn't bite.
He probably saw that Veldheer was offered $2.5 mil and felt he should get something similar. Just speculating, but maybe he felt being a former Cowboy he deserves a decent payday.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I saw a snippet saying McCovern hurt his knee in the last game. Haven’t heard anything about it since.

Carson

Reaction score
I saw a snippet saying McCovern hurt his knee in the last game. Haven’t heard anything about it since.

Hopefully that’s the OTHER McGovern.

Ours has played 6 snaps all on ST lol. So it would be our luck

skinsscalper

Reaction score
He was an UDFA because of a degenerative knee injury and now he is a +8 year veteran with a degenerative knee. He wants starting money and the Cowboys want an injury waiver and a salary range for a +8 year FA veteran with a degenerative knee.
BINGO

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Guaranteed the Cowboys offered a "Gerald McCoy" type of contract to protect themselves against Leary's degenerative knee condition and he balked.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
You guys think this is about money? I didn't get to keep up with him much in Denver but I mean he's out on the street now and teams are having offensive line problems.....did the 'deal fall through' or did he just not look good enough to play?

he probably has other options.

Dallas could have made a low offer.

it’s week 3.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
There is a reason he is still unemployed.

My sentiments exactly. My guess is his knee is all but gone and he's just trying to get as much guaranteed money as possible before teams stop coming around at all. I don't have a problem with him doing that, but Cowboys shouldn't be the ones paying.

Whatever happened with Veldheer?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bingo. If he was still the player folks remember from his stint with the Cowboys he wouldn't be sitting on his couch.
This is a simple truth that never ceases to amaze me how many fans miss. So many love a guy who was good a long time ago, but isn’t currently wanted by anyone, but because of the name recognition, somehow they think it would be a great signing. Like Dez, Ron Leary, David Irving...the list could go on.

There’s a reason they’re not signed and money is almost never the issue. The issue is they either don’t have the talent they once had or just aren’t worth the headache (like Irving and ET)