Cowboys OC wants to 'present things in different ways'

DanA

Reaction score
Basically saying he is running Jason Garrett Offense. This is still going to be jason garretts playbook. Do you think a coach in his final year of his contract he is gonna let a rookie nfl offensive coach call what he want when he want when jason garrett is a offensive coach too? I doubt Jason Garrett go out like that. Wouldnt suprise me if he tells Kellen what plays to run and kellen has a pick out of play A or play B. Or just play A. Too much on the line for Garrett.

I expect it will be 70/30 Garrett's playbook. But there was nothing wrong with the playbook, just the predictable way it was called.

GMO415

Reaction score
Shocker...... Cowboys are extremely talented on offense.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It very much is. There are a ton more players in college that never sniff the pros.
It's just a numbers game. The best college team would get destroyed by an NFL team.
Yeah you think Alabama would not have destroyed the Cleveland Browns three seasons ago. The Cowboys have the youngest starting team in the league third-youngest overall. Most of them fresh out of school. It's about the scheme

Hadenough

Reaction score
It very much is. There are a ton more players in college that never sniff the pros.
It's just a numbers game. The best college team would get destroyed by an NFL team.
True! I heard a couple years ago the odds makers in Vegas would have the Buffalo Bill's a 38 point favorite against a college team like Alabama.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah you think Alabama would not have destroyed the Cleveland Browns three seasons ago. The Cowboys have the youngest starting team in the league third-youngest overall. Most of them fresh out of school. It's about the scheme
No, I don't think ANY college team could beat even the worst NFL team.

Put it this way. How many players from a college team make an NFL team and are solid producers? Whereas, an NFL team typically has better caliber talent, even if they aren't great among NFL teams.

This is pretty simple stuff.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
True! I heard a couple years ago the odds makers in Vegas would have the Buffalo Bill's a 38 point favorite against a college team like Alabama.
I'm not sure I'd go that high, but lets think about it.

NFL players, even if they have a very young team, are not all made up of rookies. They have older players who have developed physically and mentally.
And example is the O line. They usually need a year or two to put on weight and strength. I can't submit to the idea that college players between 18-20 could compete with NFL players from 20-30, who have the very best of everything in regard to training, medicine, coaching etc....

I do admit that it would be very interesting to see the best college team play the worst NFL team and see.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Let’s hope we don’t get off to another slow start like 3-5. I’m not sure what we’d trade for then to turn the season around ?

We’ve been fortunate thus far in Dak and Zeke’s early career neither have suffered an injury which could definitely alter the season.

My expectations are wait and see. Not sure how our DL will be with roster changes and what effects. And need to see what effects the return of Frederick and Witten will have along with the play calling and implementation of Spread offense.
If we go 3-5 to start Garrett likely is a goner and I do not see them trading for anyone at that point.

They will let Garrett complete the season and give him the axe, the schedule gets tough on the back end.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If we go 3-5 to start Garrett likely is a goner and I do not see them trading for anyone at that point.

They will let Garrett complete the season and give him the axe, the schedule gets tough on the back end.
Unless he manages to pull another rabbit out of his hat, like last year, but getting to Conference Finals and then what does anyone think about this guy?
Is he the Cardiac Kid of coaches?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Unless he manages to pull another rabbit out of his hat, like last year, but getting to Conference Finals and then what does anyone think about this guy?
Is he the Cardiac Kid of coaches?
Yes, Garrett could escape the guillotine by getting to the next level, Jerry and Son love Garrett but they want to get closer than they have thus far!

Hard to say what it will take to keep his job, you got to think at least the Conference Championship.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, I don't think ANY college team could beat even the worst NFL team.

Put it this way. How many players from a college team make an NFL team and are solid producers? Whereas, an NFL team typically has better caliber talent, even if they aren't great among NFL teams.

This is pretty simple stuff.
Almost the entire starting offense of Alabama is in the NFL.