Cowboys of the early to mid 90's

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
Im 19, i was born in 89'. One thing ive always wished is that i was older when the cowboys dominated the NFL in the 90's. I can still vaguely remember my dad jumping off the couch to scream GO! GO! YEAH BABY!!! WHOOO...... or:D Mother****** I SWEAR! ******* STUPID....yeah, my dad got really into it and swore a lot, as im sure some of us are guilty of myself included. Funny thing is i find myself not only saying the same lines as he did, but jumping around in pure angry fashion as him. I didnt really start watching football and understanding it all till a few years ago so now i know how good they were by reading and watching replays and stuff but i will never be able to truly appreciate the greatness because i wasnt there for it, mentally i mean. Sure part of it is being able to share the excitement with my mom and dad (yeah he got her into it also, she has since lost interest in football) but also i wish it was all happening for the first time and being able to appreciate winning after losing badly. I had the misfortune of starting to watch the cowboys in 06 so i caught the tail end of mediocrity and i was fully involved last year, which we all know how the regular season was. So im accustomed to them being a good team now, i dont think i truly appreciate this ball team and how good it is. Are there any other members on this board my age who also feels the way i do? And yeah i guess a small, small part of this wish is that i could gloat and talk smack to fans of other teams about how dominating the cowboys are :D

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Hey, at least you didn't have to live through the 13 year drought between Super Bowls. :D

Super Bowl 27 was a huge day for me, that I'll never forget.
I could have watched it in a nursery of screaming kid's and still would have been oblivious to my surroundings.

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
vta;2306446 said:
Hey, at least you didn't have to live through the 13 year drought between Super Bowls. :D

Yeah i didn't think about that. Im also wondering how im going to react when the cowboys again turn into an 8-8 or 6-10 team. I guess the draft will keep me excited each year :D

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
chip_gilkey;2306470 said:
Yeah i didn't think about that. Im also wondering how im going to react when the cowboys again turn into an 8-8 or 6-10 team. I guess the draft will keep me excited each year :D

Maybe we'll have a Super Bowl or two to tide us over in the meantime...