Cowboys off season grade in NFC East from Bleacher Report

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Just the messenger on this although I will admit I have to agree with the author on Cowboys offseason moves.

"While some think the offseason hasn’t been all that terrible for the Cowboys, the overwhelming consensus among most analysts and fans is that it has involved mostly internal, depth signings and there’s been more loss than gain. Jerry and Stephen Jones have made numerous questionable decisions from who they traded to who they let go to why they didn’t sign certain free agents. This has earned them a ton of slack in the sports media world.

The latest hit comes from a new Bleacher Report article that handed out grades for all 32 NFL teams on how they did in free agency before the draft. Teams like the Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Las Vegas Raiders, Miami Dolphins, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers all got A grades. Notice four of those teams all got former Cowboys players.

The Cowboys, on the other hand, did not fare so well. The front office received a D. Normally, when things go poorly for Dallas, we can always look over at our foes in the NFC East to have a laugh about some poor choices they made. But this time around, we can’t even do that. America’s Team received the worst grade for their pre-draft offseason decisions out of all the NFC East teams. Yikes.

The Dallas Cowboys receive a failing grade from Bleacher Report for their offseason moves
To bring some positivity here, there were a few teams with worse grades. The New England Patriots got a D- and the Chicago Bears somehow managed to get an F. Let’s look at what the four NFC East teams scored and why:
Dallas Cowboys: D

• According to the article, the only thing that went right for the Cowboys this offseason was the return of coordinators Dan Quinn and Kellen Moore. The argument here is that the Cowboys had a strong roster that needed more help to succeed. Getting rid of critical components of a roster that went 12-5 was entirely unhelpful especially given the Cowboys didn’t add anyone spectacular in free agency.

https://thelandryhat.com/2022/04/14/cowboys-bad-offseason-grade-nfc-east-bleacher-report/

nobody

Reaction score
BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Did they watch the second half of the season or the Cowboys vs teams that had a defensive clue? Moore was hopelessly outclassed. Yes, I know that a team has to execute, but when you see them failing to execute, you're supposed to make adjustments. It looked like Garrett was running the offense again.

I give them an F.

John813

Reaction score
I expected more value brand FA signing up to this point, but I think it's obvious the team takes FA off and uses the draft to try to hit on talented players.

It's obvious that they only focus on trying to re-sign their own FAs then look for "miscast" guys or vets looking for an one year cheap deal

Still blows my mind to a degree they thought RG was the best pass rusher on the market.

Sydla

Reaction score
Just the messenger on this although I will admit I have to agree with the author on Cowboys offseason moves.

"While some think the offseason hasn’t been all that terrible for the Cowboys, the overwhelming consensus among most analysts and fans is that it has involved mostly internal, depth signings and there’s been more loss than gain. Jerry and Stephen Jones have made numerous questionable decisions from who they traded to who they let go to why they didn’t sign certain free agents. This has earned them a ton of slack in the sports media world.

The latest hit comes from a new Bleacher Report article that handed out grades for all 32 NFL teams on how they did in free agency before the draft. Teams like the Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Las Vegas Raiders, Miami Dolphins, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers all got A grades. Notice four of those teams all got former Cowboys players.

The Cowboys, on the other hand, did not fare so well. The front office received a D. Normally, when things go poorly for Dallas, we can always look over at our foes in the NFC East to have a laugh about some poor choices they made. But this time around, we can’t even do that. America’s Team received the worst grade for their pre-draft offseason decisions out of all the NFC East teams. Yikes.

The Dallas Cowboys receive a failing grade from Bleacher Report for their offseason moves
To bring some positivity here, there were a few teams with worse grades. The New England Patriots got a D- and the Chicago Bears somehow managed to get an F. Let’s look at what the four NFC East teams scored and why:

• According to the article, the only thing that went right for the Cowboys this offseason was the return of coordinators Dan Quinn and Kellen Moore. The argument here is that the Cowboys had a strong roster that needed more help to succeed. Getting rid of critical components of a roster that went 12-5 was entirely unhelpful especially given the Cowboys didn’t add anyone spectacular in free agency.

https://thelandryhat.com/2022/04/14/cowboys-bad-offseason-grade-nfc-east-bleacher-report/

Anyone refuting this grade is a homer.

They literally have gotten worse since the end of the season. They lost Collins, Gregory and Cooper. Now you can argue that we needed to get them off the team, fine. But talent wise, we replaced those three with either NO ONE or lesser players. Shoot, we let our starting LG leave and have literally not even signed some awful, low cost replacement for him.

nobody

Reaction score
Anyone refuting this grade is a homer.

They literally have gotten worse since the end of the season. They lost Collins, Gregory and Cooper. Now you can argue that we needed to get them off the team, fine. But talent wise, we replaced those three with either NO ONE or lesser players. Shoot, we let our starting LG leave and have literally not even signed some awful, low cost replacement for him.

I disagree. I refuted it. I said they graded the Cowboys too high.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO, it’s still too early to give a grade on the off-season before the draft has taken place.

BUT- having said that It would be hard for even the rosiest of Cowboys fans to call this a successful off-season. Unless of course you think “Block-chain” is going to somehow help us get better on the field results.

blueblood70

Reaction score

IM glad a media outlet gives out useless grades that useless fans can use to further useless narratives that cant be proved or disproved until February 2023 great time wasters, i guess

blueblood70

Reaction score
IMO, it’s still too early to give a grade on the off-season before the draft has taken place.

BUT- having said that It would be hard for even the rosiest of Cowboys fans to call this a successful off-season. Unless of course you think “Block-chain” is going to somehow help us get better on the field results.
actually no cant be judged until , drum roll ......

until February 2023

you do have to play as full season with the roster in question to actually judge any and all offseason moves...fans would be better off when they finally get this very real point..lets see how the team plays.

nobody

Reaction score

I should said that it's an F so far in my opinion, but the draft can significantly raise the grade.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
actually no cant be judged until , drum roll ......

until February 2023

you do have to play as full season with the roster in question to actually judge any and all offseason moves...fans would be better off when they finally get this very real point..lets see how the team plays.
February 2023?

So you can't judge a team until the Super Bowl? The Cowboys season could literally be so bad that they done 2ish or more months before the Super Bowl game is played.

The Cowboys season being over can easily precede the NFL season being over. So, waiting until February to judge teams that been done for months seems kind of strange.

ESisback

Reaction score
It’s better for a person’s mental health to take one day at a time, as opposed to stroking out over speculation. Enjoy life, enjoy the ride.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, take heart. I remember when the Eagles won the off season hands down, and then they had to play.

These people say stuff because there's nothing else to say and no reason for this many full time sports entities, they just keep regurgitating the same tired old stuff.

You fans that were already pissed about the FA action, this make you feel better? I doubt it.

The Cowboys are down Cooper, Collins, Gregory, Wilson and Williams and so far have not filled their shoes but that does not mean they will not.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Cedrick Wilson is not as good as James Washington. Gregory was a very streaky player, I think Fowler can fill his shoes cheaper. Williams I liked but he did commit a lot of penalties. Hopefully we draft a strong replacement. Collins was unreliable, we'll see what happens there. OL was a weakness last year and hopefully after the draft it'll be a strength or at least neutral.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Is dumpster fire a grade?
Because that's what this off-season has been

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Well, take heart. I remember when the Eagles won the off season hands down, and then they had to play.

These people say stuff because there's nothing else to say and no reason for this many full time sports entities, they just keep regurgitating the same tired old stuff.

You fans that were already pissed about the FA action, this make you feel better? I doubt it.

The Cowboys are down Cooper, Collins, Gregory, Wilson and Williams and so far have not filled their shoes but that does not mean they will not.
Back in the day, the skins won the off season a lot.
Not the regular season so much.