Twitter: Cowboys Offense 1 in the NFL in YPG

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
According to Kellen, Garrett hasn't done that once all year.

People lie y'know.
There is no doubt in my mind that he's lying or that he's planning something (Me thinks he's trying to get Garrett fired on purpose, like how Garrett did Wade).

DFWJC

Reaction score
People lie y'know.
There is no doubt in my mind that he's lying or that he's planning something (Me thinks he's trying to get Garrett fired on purpose, like how Garrett did Wade).
No skin off my back either way.

It's just entertaining to see people make stuff up here and go with it as if it's real.
But then when direct quotes say otherwise, those must be lies. It assumes so much and basically calls out someone who may never lie...and calls them a liar.

But again, I don't really care either way.
Just want to win.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
1st in 3rd Down Conversion.. 7th in scoring.. 4th in Passing..

And yet somehow we’re 4-3 with no real identity and lost to the stinkin’ Jets. Someone explain pls. Thanks.

Four of the many factors

1. We are 31st in special teams DVOA
2. Turnovers have a large degree of luck involved, and we don't tend to have luck on our side in that department
3. This team is still plagued by drops, many of which have turned games in our opponents favor.
4. We've had the 2nd least penalties called in our favor. Only the Saints have had less. (This is getting really ****ing old, year after year)

quickccc

Reaction score
Interesting as we don’t seem to have near that success when we take to the On the Road - its jeckyl and hyde affect.

Philly, green bay, NYG, Miami , we have flourished on offense at Home … but have we equaled that ON THE ROAD ?

On the Road

at Skins - 31 points

at Jets - 22 points

at New Orleans - 12 points

At Home

Giants – 35

Miami – 31

Green bay – 24

Philadelphia – 37

Soth

Reaction score
They have been great in the second half but the slow starts are costing us. They need to come out in the first half with a sense of urgency. The teams starts playing once they are down 2-3 scores, and then they rack up all the yards.

It was a lot better vs Philly. They came out playing like it was the super bowl right from the start. But this needs to be the case every single game regardless of the opponent.

Zman5

Reaction score
This is our identity. Under JG we always have a few WT FREAK games and also win a game we shouldn't.

I won't be surprised if we beat the Patriots only to lose to the Deaskins against a rookie QB.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are currently 13th in the league in penalty yardage, having played 7 games (5 teams that have played 8 games, 7 teams that have played 9 games ahead of us).

Also, before the Eagles game, we hadn't started a possession passed in enemy territory. We've had one of the worst starting field position per drive, which has led to more yards.

Lastly, we have had slow starts and have been in catch up mode against GB & NYJ.

These 3 factors have led to massive yardage.

lol

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
By advanced measures, the offense is good.

By advanced measures, the defense is mediocre to bad. Football Outsiders, for example, has the O #1 and the defense #19.

In two of our losses - Packers and Jets - the defense crapped the bed for much of both games. Sure, the offense started slow, which didn't help, but the offense eventually found some momentum in those games.
True story. The defense is on and off.