Twitter: Cowboys officially place Zeke on Reserve/Did not report list

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I'm shocked this rubs so many of you the wrong way. He'll be there, standing on the sidelines not getting any carries in preseason.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
How many players from the top 5 picks have done this after 3 years I can’t recall?

It’s obvious Dallas has every intent on offering him a long term deal, show up let everyone hammer that out. What about taking an injury insurance policy out if you’re worried? The workload in PS will be light, just speak up, or show up. He’s done neither right. Ow.
How many are running backs? Le'veon Bell missed an entire because they wanted to franchise him or pay him his worth.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
How many are running backs? Le'veon Bell missed an entire because they wanted to franchise him or pay him his worth.

He played 4 years before his holdout no? Zeke has played 3. That’s the point I’m making, how many times has that happened?

SeaTurtle1

Reaction score
You don't draft a Running Back with the 4th overall pick. The Patriots, the Colts, Steelers, Packers, Saints, Chiefs, etc. would have just traded down.

The Colts trade down every year it seems and they still kill it. Know who their RB is? A guy named Marlon Mack who they drafted in the fourth round.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I'd lean toward paying him now if he wasn't a moron. Plus considering today's NFL...running backs just aren't around long. I just don't know. Let's see what Pollard does, I guess.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
People love to bash Dak, but he’s in Oxnard despite his contract paying him $2.7M over the course of four years compared to Zeke getting paid 6x that amount upfront as a signing bonus alone.

Only in professional sports will you find employees who simply won’t show up to work and somehow get to keep their job. Finish out your contract like a man vs. whining when you still have two years left on it.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
This should be interesting if he holds out we can see how much we need to pay Dak.

cern

Reaction score
Contract disputes cannot be taken personally. Many players hold out and are eventually signed. It's not the 70's any more. A lot can happen between now and start of season.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
People love to bash Dak, but he’s in Oxnard despite his contract paying him $2.7M over the course of four years compared to Zeke getting paid 6x that amount upfront as a signing bonus alone.

Only in professional sports will you find employees who simply won’t show up to work and somehow get to keep their job. Finish out your contract like a man vs. whining when you still have two years left on it.

And only in professional sports can ownership sign a player for 5 years, umteen millions, and cut him in less than a year. At least in other sports, contracts are guaranteed.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Amari Cooper is the only one of the three that needs to be locked up and retire a Cowboy.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
And I don’t understand how people like you acknowledge that he’s the league leading rusher 2 out of 3 years BECAUSE he carried the ball more than any other back yet want to sign him to a 4-5 year contract and expect him to carry on at that pace, especially when we can easily have him for another 2-3 years without signing him to a huge contract. Not to mention his off the field crap.

Let the Ewok sit. One of these days he’ll have to face adversity, he’ll have no idea what to do and he’ll be exposed for the chump he is...which is already starting to happen. He’s a purse carrying, belly shirt wearing entitled brat diva. The best thing the Cowboys could do is let this clown walk.

LOL....are you sure it's Zeke colors showing? Pretty strong personal attacks we're seeing.......from post to post.

ESisback

Reaction score
Point is that the Joneses bring it on themselves with their stupidity and many of these stories are true: Dak does want 32-34 mill/year, Zeke is holding out to be paid, Cooper does want elite money and on and on

Stop blaming the media and blame the people responsible, the moron Joneses, incompetent jellyfish Garrett and the entitled players who’ve achieved nothing

I always laugh at the armchair QBs who criticize highly paid professionals immersed in it for a living, as if they have all the answers and skill to do it themselves. Yeah, right.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Contract disputes cannot be taken personally. Many players hold out and are eventually signed. It's not the 70's any more. A lot can happen between now and start of season.
They play the game of football but that's not the real game to them. Wouldn't be to me either.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Love him when he is on the field.

Can't stand pretty much everything else about him. Shows incredibly poor judgement

I was all in for Zeke in the draft, but I've lost a lot of respect for him since then.