Twitter: Cowboys officially place Zeke on Reserve/Did not report list

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Im not sure how anyone could be confused by this. Zeke touched the ball almost 400 times last year. He was our leading receiver and the league leading rusher 2 out of 3 years. We all know how our offense works and it wont work without him.

Hes a generational player and wants to get paid before his body cant take it.
I don’t think anyone has an issue with his on field performance. The rub is his off field stuff. Giving a guy the largest RB contract in the league when he seems to be a bit of an idiot off the field is a risk that could have ramifications for the franchise for a long long time.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone has an issue with his on field performance. The rub is his off field stuff. Giving a guy the largest RB contract in the league when he seems to be a bit of an idiot off the field is a risk that could have ramifications for the franchise for a long long time.
It didnt stop us from letting him carry this offense in his backpack last season.

If hes not paid here, he will get paid somewhere else.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
How many players from the top 5 picks have done this after 3 years I can’t recall?

It’s obvious Dallas has every intent on offering him a long term deal, show up let everyone hammer that out. What about taking an injury insurance policy out if you’re worried? The workload in PS will be light, just speak up, or show up. He’s done neither right. Ow.
Its a business, right? Tear an ACL in the first practice like Corey Coleman just did in NY and then what? No insurance policy can equate to the potential salary he will get here or elsewhere.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
A long time ago Emmitt did the same thing. He was worth it and Zeke is worth it. Pay the man. However. unlike Emmitt, Zeke needs a life coach. Jerry has money,problem solved. it is what it is folks. I'll go out on that limb and say he's special, just not mature yet.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
im sure zeke has his reasons (with 2 years left it can't be about the contract) ...

Why would zeke be willing to sit out for 2 seasons and commit career suicide ?

usa_today_12089262.0.jpg

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Someone should force him to cut that toilet bowl hair-diaper flopping on top of his stupid head..

Jeffkills

Reaction score
I’ll never understand how fans can turn on players when all the owners have to do is pay Zeke what he’s earth. Any other time Jerry is a moron but because it’s a player involved the player is the moron.
He needs to wait in line as is proper...

He’s acting like a selfish, immature loser...

He’s got TWO years left on his already exorbitant rookie K.

He’s attempting something which is unprecedentedly moronic..

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
He needs to wait in line as is proper...

He’s acting like a selfish, immature loser...

He’s got TWO years left on his already exorbitant rooking...

He’s attempting something which is unprecedentedly moronic..

Must have learned that from his barber ? :lmao:

Patrick

Reaction score
Guy who has already been suspended, and could have been suspended other times (and will likely be in trouble in the future knowing him) holding out while he still has 2 years left on his contract. :rolleyes:

Guess Zeke knows he better secure the bag this off-season before he does something stupid again next year.

visionary

Reaction score
I always laugh at the armchair QBs who criticize highly paid professionals immersed in it for a living, as if they have all the answers and skill to do it themselves. Yeah, right.

And I always laugh at blind cowboy homers who want to be led by their nose trusting an ownership that has caused 23 years of mediocrity while stealing money from the same stupid fans hand over fist

Good to see we both get to laugh

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I love Zeke. Just am angry about the Rams loss which he gave nothing. In big games, he has to run outside with his speed, not keep running up the middle over and over.

He is a child. Big baby was having a tough game.

visionary

Reaction score
And only in professional sports can ownership sign a player for 5 years, umteen millions, and cut him in less than a year. At least in other sports, contracts are guaranteed.

When will cowboy fans grow up and understand the basics of how a contract works and nit make stupid posts like one?

When?

ESisback

Reaction score
And I always laugh at blind cowboy homers who want to be led by their nose trusting an ownership that has caused 23 years of mediocrity while stealing money from the same stupid fans hand over fist

Good to see we both get to laugh

Blind Cowboy homer?!? That’s the biggest laugh yet. If you’ve ever read my posts, I’ve been critical of the team MANY times. I just don’t feel it’s constructive to let misery destroy something that’s supposed to be fun. I don’t constantly cry and complain like I personally have big money invested, and I don’t arrogantly talk like I know more about it than those immersed in it for a living. But go ahead and enjoy your delusions. Make yourself honorary GM, then present yourself a Lombardi trophy and a humungus pay raise.

OK, give me your predictably laughable comeback that will have no affect or validity whatsoever, in 3, 2, 1....

Last edited: