Cowboys' Organization Does Not Get Enough Credit

aria

Reaction score
Give the organization credit for what? The amazing drafts they have had the past few years? Oh wait they have been largely terrible and its why there is a massive void of young talent on the Cowboys. For signing the right players? Clearly they have not given who got extensions. For hiring the best coaches? I am not going to dignify this with an answer.

2020 might be the first passable draft they have had since 2016. That is not good drafting. That is why the team is not trending up. If you want to win in the NFL you need to hit on your early picks and be able to find some JAGS with your later picks and they have done neither.
Ha...couldn’t agree more but there are several people here who think the Cowboys are one of the best drafting teams in the league. By reading some of the posts you would think our roster is made up of nothing but All Pros.

aria

Reaction score
For being able to accomplish that level of failure. The law of averages or just sheer luck should have had Dallas in at least one NFC championship game. The level of effort to achieve nothing for a quarter of a century is impressive.
It really is, especially considering how bad this division has been lately.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It really is, especially considering how bad this division has been lately.
Thats the hammer to the head, not just for the Cowboys but the Giants Eagles and Skins as well.
Perfect time to dominate a division but yet we all suck.

Big_D

Reaction score
They're forced to be prudent because they weren't prudent in multiple situations. One stupidazz decision after the next kinda forced their hand. This is not a wise football team and these Dak negotiations are the domino effect.

MrPhil

Reaction score
I give them credit for milking the team's storied history and three Championships from the 90's for 25 years to make a TON of money. The product on the field? Not so much......

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I realize that this will not set well with some posters, and I'm OK with that. I realize that the Cowboys have made some serious mistakes over the years, but a majority of the real boneheaded mistakes were several years ago.

The Cowboys have been attempting to get Dak signed. It takes two make a deal. That hasn't lined up yet, and that's not on the Cowboys, or Dak for that matter. Its business.

The Cowboys still don't want to overpay Dak. Dak wants to leverage all he can from the Cowboys, that's also VERY clear. That is also business.

This thread is not about ANY OF THAT. The reality of the situation is that the Cowboys WANT Dak to be a Cowboy, but not at ANY price. Dak probably wants to be a Cowboy, but not at any price.

So, I think the Cowboys will try really hard to get Dak signed over the next week. If that doesn't happen, the Cowboys, as a prudent organization, should AND WILL start preparing for a team without Dak, and be looking at QB options for the upcoming year.

People are saying that the Cowboys have no options. That is incorrect. Once the Cowboys use a draft pick on a QB, their willingness to be all in on Dak will decline sharply, if a premium pick is used. The next week is critical in the Dak drama.

In my opinion, the die will largely be cast on Dak on draft day. If Dak desires to be a Cowboy (and no one knows if that is the case or not) he better get signed before draft day.

If I were the Cowboys I would make sure that my "final best offer" was on the table in front of Dak prior to that time, and I would make sure Dak knows that it is the final best offer and that the train is pulling out of the station on draft day.

I have confidence in the organization that they will do that. This would not preclude Dak playing on the tag for Dallas for another year, but it likely means that 2021 is his final year as a Cowboy.

Credit for what exactly? Being 6-10? Or 8-8 the year before? :facepalm:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They're forced to be prudent because they weren't prudent in multiple situations. One stupidazz decision after the next kinda forced their hand. This is not a wise football team and these Dak negotiations are the domino effect.
I give them credit for milking the team's storied history and three Championships from the 90's for 25 years to make a TON of money. The product on the field? Not so much......
Wonder how many more ground popping gushers he would have hit in that time frame if he would have stuck to drilling for oil in that time frame,, I bet more than 3,, but I bet he made a whole lot more bank selling Cowboys stock.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I lost brain cells reading the thread title. Not going to read the novel that followed.

Flamma

Reaction score
I lost brain cells reading the thread title. Not going to read the novel that followed.

It's a novella. It's pretty spot on and stuff most of us already know. Except for the last sentence. I don't know why people keep saying Dak will play on the franchise tag. Not just on these boards, but talking heads on shows as well. People that are supposed to know better. They get paid to comment but apparently not paid to think. The Cowboys are not a good team right now. Paying Dak a ton of money for one more year is idiotic. It shouldn't be an option. Sign or release, no tag. But if the last 25 years have told us anything, it's that we can count on the Cowboys management to make the wrong decision. Jerry will probably go straight at this butt first!

cowboyec

Reaction score
when we win the super bowl....the chowder heads will make excuses as to how/why it happened.

again....never have given us credit...never will.
we gotta beg to get our guys in the hall.
if Chuck Howley or Lee Roy Jordan wore another logo...they'd be in by now.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
when we win the super bowl....the chowder heads will make excuses as to how/why it happened.

again....never have given us credit...never will.
we gotta beg to get our guys in the hall.
if Chuck Howley or Lee Roy Jordan wore another logo...they'd be in by now.

This about the modern era of GM Jerry . You are harkening back to an era long past.

As a side note, Jerry Jones should be the one lobbying on behalf of these guys. The fact he says nothing and refuses to throw his considerable weight and influence behind these guys says all you need to know about Jerry. He has zero respect for the legacy of this franchise. Its all about him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I realize that this will not set well with some posters, and I'm OK with that. I realize that the Cowboys have made some serious mistakes over the years, but a majority of the real boneheaded mistakes were several years ago.

The Cowboys have been attempting to get Dak signed. It takes two make a deal. That hasn't lined up yet, and that's not on the Cowboys, or Dak for that matter. Its business.

The Cowboys still don't want to overpay Dak. Dak wants to leverage all he can from the Cowboys, that's also VERY clear. That is also business.

This thread is not about ANY OF THAT. The reality of the situation is that the Cowboys WANT Dak to be a Cowboy, but not at ANY price. Dak probably wants to be a Cowboy, but not at any price.

So, I think the Cowboys will try really hard to get Dak signed over the next week. If that doesn't happen, the Cowboys, as a prudent organization, should AND WILL start preparing for a team without Dak, and be looking at QB options for the upcoming year.

People are saying that the Cowboys have no options. That is incorrect. Once the Cowboys use a draft pick on a QB, their willingness to be all in on Dak will decline sharply, if a premium pick is used. The next week is critical in the Dak drama.

In my opinion, the die will largely be cast on Dak on draft day. If Dak desires to be a Cowboy (and no one knows if that is the case or not) he better get signed before draft day.

If I were the Cowboys I would make sure that my "final best offer" was on the table in front of Dak prior to that time, and I would make sure Dak knows that it is the final best offer and that the train is pulling out of the station on draft day.

I have confidence in the organization that they will do that. This would not preclude Dak playing on the tag for Dallas for another year, but it likely means that 2021 is his final year as a Cowboy.
You can dream

fivetwos

Reaction score
Thats the hammer to the head, not just for the Cowboys but the Giants Eagles and Skins as well.
Perfect time to dominate a division but yet we all suck.
If this division wasn't so pathetic for the last decade Jerry and his buddy Garrett would have been out of time long ago with a ton of 4-12 and 5-11 type seasons.

Instead, here we are with a "win now" coach and a team that isn't close to that.

As far as the OP.....the entire organization is set up to give Jerry all his "credit."

That's why we are in this mess.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've seen such bold statements on Cowboys forums. I've been online for over two decades and I'm still waiting to see this happen.

fivetwos

Reaction score
"Not enough credit"

Isn't that why smart man Jerry fired a HOF coach?

Oh right, I know....it was mutual. Yeah right.

Parcells too. Lol.