Cowboys' Organization Does Not Get Enough Credit

HotDog37

Reaction score
Credit is the problem. If you want to win you shed yourself of credit and just play excellent football, and the staff and ownership commit to the same. It's that simple. Same principle at any level of football. Yeah the Cowboys have credit and they know it.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
I realize that this will not set well with some posters, and I'm OK with that. I realize that the Cowboys have made some serious mistakes over the years, but a majority of the real boneheaded mistakes were several years ago.

The Cowboys have been attempting to get Dak signed. It takes two make a deal. That hasn't lined up yet, and that's not on the Cowboys, or Dak for that matter. Its business.

The Cowboys still don't want to overpay Dak. Dak wants to leverage all he can from the Cowboys, that's also VERY clear. That is also business.

This thread is not about ANY OF THAT. The reality of the situation is that the Cowboys WANT Dak to be a Cowboy, but not at ANY price. Dak probably wants to be a Cowboy, but not at any price.

So, I think the Cowboys will try really hard to get Dak signed over the next week. If that doesn't happen, the Cowboys, as a prudent organization, should AND WILL start preparing for a team without Dak, and be looking at QB options for the upcoming year.

People are saying that the Cowboys have no options. That is incorrect. Once the Cowboys use a draft pick on a QB, their willingness to be all in on Dak will decline sharply, if a premium pick is used. The next week is critical in the Dak drama.

In my opinion, the die will largely be cast on Dak on draft day. If Dak desires to be a Cowboy (and no one knows if that is the case or not) he better get signed before draft day.

If I were the Cowboys I would make sure that my "final best offer" was on the table in front of Dak prior to that time, and I would make sure Dak knows that it is the final best offer and that the train is pulling out of the station on draft day.

I have confidence in the organization that they will do that. This would not preclude Dak playing on the tag for Dallas for another year, but it likely means that 2021 is his final year as a Cowboy.
This has gone on long enough. Dak received a fair offer from Jerry and if he and his agent don't want it then tag and trade. Draft a QB in this draft and don't look back.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Verdict, I think it is admirable of you to try and stem the tide of negativity and spin something in a positive vibe and take the credit case instead of the blame one.

You offer up some thought provoking items so I decided to give this some thought to see if maybe I'd been rash in my Booger Bash and I thank you for this because I am more sure than ever that he's a total waste of oxygen. There was always that chance that I was wrong, hasty to place blame and reactive. But now, after careful deliberation, I find that I was not and he is every bit as incompetent as I thought he was.

The Prescott situation wouldn't be if not for the Lawrence, Elliott, Cooper and Smith situations. If a GM is going to rollover, do it for a QB not a DE, RB, WR or LB first.

I do wonder about Prescott's desire to be the DC QB. It was a dream of his but now that he's lived that with this cluster of a management team, maybe he'd prefer to just get tagged and move on down the line in 22?

The only thing that makes Booger look better is that lucky sperm slug waiting to take over when Booger goes toes up.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If anything the front office gets too much credit. No team that has done next to nothing for 25 years should get this much attention.

That the same front office has presided over all of it should be an embarrassment, but the Joneses are just having too much fun.

Win? Lose? The gravy train keeps flowing and they get to keep playing fantasy football with real players, without consequences.

pete026

Reaction score
Being in a weak division can actually contribute to a team getting weaker.

You can amass wins against your division opponents that you wouldn't get in a stronger division. Being in a weak division can lead to W-L records that undeservedly lower your draft position.

Now, it is offset by higher playoff seeding but it only helps if you take advantage of it. Dallas, in particular, has not in their limited opportunities.

Some may think an easy schedule helps a team rest but that has also not played out for the Cowboys. They get lazy, overconfident, and sloppy without the stronger competition.

This is something that makes the Patriots dynasty even more amazing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
-----Cowboys' Organization Does Not Get Enough Credit

That you Mickey???
lol remember when Mick famously said,if the guy is so good why is he available? Something to that affect? When talking about why Dallas didnt sign premium players. That was his way of mocking the fans and covering for the front office ineptitude.THAT guy that started this thread just might be Mickey lol...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I realize that this will not set well with some posters, and I'm OK with that. I realize that the Cowboys have made some serious mistakes over the years, but a majority of the real boneheaded mistakes were several years ago.

The Cowboys have been attempting to get Dak signed. It takes two make a deal. That hasn't lined up yet, and that's not on the Cowboys, or Dak for that matter. Its business.

The Cowboys still don't want to overpay Dak. Dak wants to leverage all he can from the Cowboys, that's also VERY clear. That is also business.

This thread is not about ANY OF THAT. The reality of the situation is that the Cowboys WANT Dak to be a Cowboy, but not at ANY price. Dak probably wants to be a Cowboy, but not at any price.

So, I think the Cowboys will try really hard to get Dak signed over the next week. If that doesn't happen, the Cowboys, as a prudent organization, should AND WILL start preparing for a team without Dak, and be looking at QB options for the upcoming year.

People are saying that the Cowboys have no options. That is incorrect. Once the Cowboys use a draft pick on a QB, their willingness to be all in on Dak will decline sharply, if a premium pick is used. The next week is critical in the Dak drama.

In my opinion, the die will largely be cast on Dak on draft day. If Dak desires to be a Cowboy (and no one knows if that is the case or not) he better get signed before draft day.

If I were the Cowboys I would make sure that my "final best offer" was on the table in front of Dak prior to that time, and I would make sure Dak knows that it is the final best offer and that the train is pulling out of the station on draft day.

I have confidence in the organization that they will do that. This would not preclude Dak playing on the tag for Dallas for another year, but it likely means that 2021 is his final year as a Cowboy.
Great post. I think a deal gets done by March 9th.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I really thought we had a shot in 2007 and 2016.

Instead, the Cowboys became the only team in the 21st century to be the 1 seed and lose in the divisional round. Doing it twice is quite the accomplishment. :facepalm:

Trajan

Reaction score
I have faith the front office will make the wrong decision more times then not.

Example: Dak situation.
1. Jerruh will way overpay, have little left to build a passable defense.
2. Jerruh will let Dak walk, basically have to find a new QB and get nothing in return.

Either one of those are the most likely IMO. Neither are good, but one can always trust Jerruh to make the wrong choice.

props though for swimming against the current with this thread.

ICP

Reaction score
Everytime I see the title of this thread I think it's hilarious and disgusting at the same time.

25+ years of basically nothing and they don't get enough credit?

OK I'll give Jerry and his spawn credit for keeping a once storied franchise irrelevant for 25+ years

I'll give Jerry and his spawn credit for turning the Dallas Cowboys from a perennial SB contender to a poster child for an NFL franchise joke

I have a longer list but you get the idea and feel free to add to it....

Verdict

Reaction score
I have faith the front office will make the wrong decision more times then not.

Example: Dak situation.
1. Jerruh will way overpay, have little left to build a passable defense.
2. Jerruh will let Dak walk, basically have to find a new QB and get nothing in return.

Either one of those are the most likely IMO. Neither are good, but one can always trust Jerruh to make the wrong choice.

props though for swimming against the current with this thread.
Dallas got a bit lucky drafting Dak as late as they did. It also took Romo getting hurt for Dak to see the field. On the other hand, the Cowboys DID actually start Dak instead of picking up a QB castoff to attempt to “save” the season.

The Cowboys HAVE made lots of good decisions. But they are obviously not always right.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's see what this organization can do to overcome the rut they've been in for so long now. As far as the bargaining is concerned, I feel strongly that both sides need to to compromise enough to consummate a deal that allows them to reap success. This is certainly no time to be inflexible. Let's get it done!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas got a bit lucky drafting Dak as late as they did. It also took Romo getting hurt for Dak to see the field. On the other hand, the Cowboys DID actually start Dak instead of picking up a QB castoff to attempt to “save” the season.

The Cowboys HAVE made lots of good decisions. But they are obviously not always right.

lol

The only reason we drafted Dak was b/c he was the last Qb on our board still standing in round 4. The plan was to take Connor Cook but Oakland snagged him before us. Dak was originally the 3rd string QB. Kellen Moore got injured so Dak stepped into the back-up role. So, the point is Dak wasn't really a "decision" or ever really part of the plan. We literally backed into him and had nowhere else to turn when Romo went down.

Every team in the NFL makes good decisions on occasions even the floundering ones.