Twitter: Cowboys partner with Jaylon Smith's sunglasses company

Reid1boys

Reaction score
JERRY is da man. ....lol

How long before Dak has a new business venture with the Boys also? How long before the NFL starts looking into Dallas circumventing the salary cap?

Its about time Jerry takes advantage of having to OVER PAY players because they are over hyped simply because they are cowboys. Now use it to your advantage.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Zeke, this is why you want to be a team player, and in the tent instead of out of it throwing stones.......works out a lot better for you financially in the end when you can develop partnerships and a brand.....

I just don’t think that Zeke get’s it. And besides it’s probably too much work for him. SMDH!

superonyx

Reaction score
I'm trusting Jerry knows what he is doing here.

But a player taking a discount and then immediately having his side hustle get paid by the team seems like a potentially messy situation.

If this were the Giants, Eagles, Skin people would be screaming.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
JERRY is da man. ....lol

How long before Dak has a new business venture with the Boys also? How long before the NFL starts looking into Dallas circumventing the salary cap?

Its about time Jerry takes advantage of having to OVER PAY players because they are over hyped simply because they are cowboys. Now use it to your advantage.

They have to look into Tom Brady and the Patriots first. They’ve had a business deal for years worth many millions.

BatteryPowered

Reaction score
How is this legal for the team to do? Lol

I’m all for it though.

The proper question is how is it NOT legal? A franchise has every right to enter into agreements with other companies. CEV is a corporation. Probably safe to assume both Smith and Jones have attorneys that have examined every angle. Besides, I don't think the NFL wants to get involved in a restraint of trade lawsuit.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So, how does a team partnering with a player in his business not circumvent the Salary cap?

Just a matter of time before this backfires. I remember Dick Vermeil got in trouble for giving players wine from his winery.