Twitter: Cowboys partner with Jaylon Smith's sunglasses company

lockster

Reaction score
The kid is brilliant. He knows what’s up. He’s going to double his contract value in business dealings.
Dang diggly Dogg right! This is how it's it's done. Baby! I've wondered why more dcw players haven't done the same thing. Also, helping players find " really" good real-estate bargains ,. Car deals, etc. :). Jaylon is the new Tom Brady! Lve, I think Jerry might be willing to invest In Ur new clothing line ;). Yeah, dont worry lve, Ur clothing designer has a book with all the clothes designs ready to go. :)

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Zeke is the kind of guy, that after his career is done he will be bankrupt.

lockster

Reaction score
I'm trusting Jerry knows what he is doing here.

But a player taking a discount and then immediately having his side hustle get paid by the team seems like a potentially messy situation.

If this were the Giants, Eagles, Skin people would be screaming.
Not really,. Most ppl. Think the 49ers and the Denver Broncos earned those three super bowls where they paid players U see the under the table deals in all sorts of ways.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I'm trusting Jerry knows what he is doing here.

But a player taking a discount and then immediately having his side hustle get paid by the team seems like a potentially messy situation.

If this were the Giants, Eagles, Skin people would be screaming.

If this was the Eagles, our resident Eagles slobberers would be praising them and laughing at Jerry for not doing the same.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Honest question......other than Roger Staubach, name any other player the Cowboys and partnered with besides this deal with Jaylon ( which I have reservations as to whether it's directly with Cowboys)

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
How is this legal for the team to do? Lol

I’m all for it though.
Idk but it is the same thing the Pats have always done with TB12.

Tbh, it's cap circumvention that works for both the players and the owners, so I only see it happening more in the future.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
People on this board are acting like this is some major business deal.

It is not. You can now get Jaylon's glasses at the Cowboys' Pro Shop. That's not some major deal. It is literally the most logical place to buy the player's product.

Maybe when y'all vote for legalization, we can bring David Irving back in the fold for some great marketing opportunities.
That is a major deal. One of the biggest challenges for retailers is getting in shops - and there are hundreds of thousands of people who are going to see those glasses in ads now who wouldn't have before.

This type of thing makes a business. I can't sit here and even guess what it would be worth in terms of dollar amounts, but it is not minor for a business.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
That is a major deal. One of the biggest challenges for retailers is getting in shops - and there are hundreds of thousands of people who are going to see those glasses in ads now who wouldn't have before.

This type of thing makes a business. I can't sit here and even guess what it would be worth in terms of dollar amounts, but it is not minor for a business.

Spot on. Imagine owning a small pizza joint one day, and the next day having a store/kiosk at Cowboys Stadium on game days.

JeffAtl

Reaction score
Being a Cowboy has it's bonus perks.
  • No state tax (a 70 million deal is worth 75.5 million compared the Rams, for example):D
  • All the extra off field sales due to being a part of a brand known more than any (or almost any) other sports brand on earth.
Jerry uses this to his advantage. As do the players

Those don't help the agent commissions though.

John813

Reaction score
Prices are better than the major chain brands.

Style wise wish he had more options

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The proper question is how is it NOT legal? A franchise has every right to enter into agreements with other companies. CEV is a corporation. Probably safe to assume both Smith and Jones have attorneys that have examined every angle. Besides, I don't think the NFL wants to get involved in a restraint of trade lawsuit.

There obviously have to be limits to this, or every player would be paid as a "football consultant" off the cap.

And it's not safe to say the league won't screw us for this, as they did the capped uncapped year.