News: Cowboys placed exclusive franchise tag on Prescott

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think Dak isn't signing a contract not because of numbers, but because his feelings were hurt? If so, good. I'm against signing hyperemotional players who let their feelings get in the way of business.

But I don't think it's true. Dak is not such a delicate daisy. I think it's numbers. Dak wants more than they're offering. Hence, impasse. It takes both sides to come to a deal.

The only guaranteed way for Jerry to get beyond the impasse is to totally cave to what Dak wants. If you want to blame Jerry, how high an offer do you want him to make? 38mil? 40mil? 50mil?

I think timing and an opportunity was missed. Go back and check my earlier posts if you're unsure of my position.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was referring to the ad hominem against you:
Don’t be so thin skinned.​

I don't know what occurred prior to that.

Clearly you should check. You've jumped into the middle of a debate without knowing where anyone stands or what's happened.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Positions that don’t exist”? “Offbase sweeping generalizations?” My original contention was that the Cowboys are heavily criticized for every decision they make. You dispute that? Seriously?

Yes, yes I do. Especially when false, sweeping generalizations are made about 'this forum' based on it.

ESisback

Reaction score
Yes, yes I do. Especially when false, sweeping generalizations are made about 'this forum' based on it.

If you dispute the Cowboys are NOT heavily criticized for everything thing they do, I don’t know what else to say. Do you know something the rest of us don’t, or are you so stubborn to concede a point? In any event, believe what you will, have the last word, whatever you need, no malice.

Stash, I like most of your posts and look forward to more. Go Cowboys!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
that is partly true, but it would depend on how well dak played and what the team achieved in those few years.
They might be glad his contract was up, and if he played great or they got to a SB, then give him a better contract.

The long contract at so so pay is all in the favor of the jones boys, the 105 mil g would only cover 3 years, and then they could cut dak if they
wanted, or keep him cheaply. That is a good deal for them, but not dak.
Dak wants a chance at new contract in a few years, and the jones boys dont want to give him that.

All of it is true. It's not partly true. The longer contract is in favor of the team obviously but without players around him, where is Dak going? So it's in favor of Dak as well.

What got paid in his first 4 years is not on the Cowboys. The contract is slotted. The decision not to extend and put more money in his own pocket is Daks. None of that is on the Cowboys.

What is the benefit of making Dak the highest paid player in the league two years ago only to have him come back in a few years and set the market again? That makes zero sense from a team perspective.

Some may want to see us do business that way, I don't. Jerry is doing this correctly, IMO.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you dispute the Cowboys are NOT heavily criticized for everything thing they do, I don’t know what else to say. Do you know something the rest of us don’t, or are you so stubborn to concede a point?

Listen to this 'absolute', 'broad brush', 'all encompassing' point you're trying to make here, it's quite silly. It's an unwarranted claim of never-ending persecution that does not exist. In case you're missing out, myself and many other fans are currently giving the Cowboys credit for two recent events:
  1. Re-signing Amari Cooper
  2. Not paying what the foolish Texans did for Randall Cobb
That flies directly in the face of "heavily criticized for everything they do".

In any event, believe what you will, have the last word, whatever you need, no malice.

No malice here either.

Stash, I like most of your posts and look forward to more. Go Cowboys!

Likewise, a very well handled disagreement. Go Cowboys!

ESisback

Reaction score
Listen to this 'absolute', 'broad brush', 'all encompassing' point you're trying to make here, it's quite silly. It's an unwarranted claim of never-ending persecution that does not exist. In case you're missing out, myself and many other fans are currently giving the Cowboys credit for two recent events:
  1. Re-signing Amari Cooper
  2. Not paying what the foolish Texans did for Randall Cobb
That flies directly in the face of "heavily criticized for everything they do".

No malice here either.

Likewise, a very well handled disagreement. Go Cowboys!

Peace, brutha!

GINeric

Reaction score
1iuA.gif
Why are you sending me a video of you crying lil guy??

romonumberone

Reaction score
I have very little doubt that a long term deal will get done. I was hoping that the Cowboys would do the non exclusive tag.... I also knew that would never happen. I was just curious what the rest of the board thought with some of the changes with QB's in the NFC where you would rank Dak?

1. Wilson
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Brady
5. Murray.... Completely wrong about him.... I thought he would be a bust.
6. Ryan
7. Wentz
8. Stafford
9. Cousins
10. Garoppolo
11. Prescott
12. Foles
13. Jones
14. Goff
15. Bridgewater
16. Haskins