Twitter: Cowboys plan for Sunday

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Starting to agree with Rodgers on the "low football IQ" thing.

Ideally, you want to score, but take as much time as you can to do so.

Theres zero advantage to doing so sooner than later, provided you DO score.

Saying you want to "score as fast as you can" makes little sense. You want to SCORE, period. That score is worth that much more if it took ten minutes as opposed to ten seconds.

Seems to me he's betting on Dallas' defense having the slight edge.

Both offenses are going to score, there's no doubt. But if the defense can hold Seattle to one field goal, or a few while Dallas is scoring TDs every offensive drive, then it matters not how quickly either team scores.

I don't like how it's being broadcasted though.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Starting to agree with Rodgers on the "low football IQ" thing.

Ideally, you want to score, but take as much time as you can to do so.

Theres zero advantage to doing so sooner than later, provided you DO score.

Saying you want to "score as fast as you can" makes little sense. You want to SCORE, period. That score is worth that much more if it took ten minutes as opposed to ten seconds.
ask Chip Kelley how that analytic way of offense killed his tenure..killed his defense because when it doesnt work you hang your defense out to dry and the other team has even more scoring chances..

ItzKelz

Reaction score
tenor.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
it will be hilarious as the Blue white scrimmage ordeal to have MM and this offense come out and use pollard for about 40 total carries or more and both get 100plus like last years MIA and Rams games and make sure RW doesnt get many chances.. score 20-17 the Zone will explode..

if its raining enough to effect games book that it will look a lot like NE last year.. KM will go into shell :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One guy in Seattle who has been doing a good job is Jamal Adams. He has 2 of the Seahawks 3 sacks on the season and they like sending him. Cowboys must pick him up, if they do that leaves that single high safety and some chances for big plays down the field

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
One guy in Seattle who has been doing a good job is Jamal Adams. He has 2 of the Seahawks 3 sacks on the season and they like sending him. Cowboys must pick him up, if they do that leaves that single high safety and some chances for big plays down the field

Yep looks like a good week for Michael Gallup possibly.

GMO415

Reaction score
We have no starting CBs and those that are starting are worthless.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
not over there are games and times it works the Titans used Defense, st and ground and pound's to get to afccg..they won game last week with henry at 3.8 a carry but just ran it down their throats and lets not believe the Ravens are not run team, they can a pass but there offense is set up around the run game..

theres no such this about schemes being outdated and over..

you use game plans to win against a particular opponent, last year two games we have zeke and pollard over 100 in each of the same games, beat the rams head in with grounds and pound in retaliation to them using guess what Ground and pound against us in the playoffs.. the SF team used a 3 headed RB attacks and their offense was more old school even if it were more modernized with hiding what was coming better..RB, TE first offense and play defense ..
I’m talking about for the cowboys, how they are built. Titans are built completely different. Cowboys are built to pass

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Stop Zeke use to be everyone’s game plan against us. I guarantee you that’s not the case anymore

I agree but I also think that makes Zeke even more dangerous. When teams are not looking to key on Zeke it will open up the run game for bigger runs.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
ask Chip Kelley how that analytic way of offense killed his tenure..killed his defense because when it doesnt work you hang your defense out to dry and the other team has even more scoring chances..
Chip Kelly’s offense didn’t work because they went 3 and out way too often

fivetwos

Reaction score
Well the small problem there is actually making the play to pick him up.

Dre11

Reaction score
lol....with this defense the offense you'll hate is the one that may be the best plan. win the Top battle keep Russ on sideline. feed Zeke

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
This is the nature of the league now. Things have evolved in the NFL comparable to offensive basketball in the NBA. the traditional center is a thing of the past and offenses have evolved in such a way that defenses have had to match. Hence centers aren’t drafted for their drop stop any more. They are drafted for their length and defensive prowess.

The general trend in the NFL for offensive strategy now has moved away (for years now) from ground and pound to quick strike fast paced aerial attacks and generally having the run feed off of the pass. Defenses must match and that includes your own defense (relative to your own offense) as well as opposing defenses. I don’t think MM is saying anything but the stone cold obvious.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Big Mike has the right idea, imho. Both teams have questionable defenses. It will take an aggressive approach to overcome the points that Russel Wilson is likely to score on us. The same goes for them. Of course, theirs is typically that way anyway. That means Kellen Moore will be obliged to grant Dak the passing calls to score enough to overcome what they're able to score on us. Is Kellen likely to commit to being that aggressive? We'll see! ;)

Last edited:

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I graduated college about 30 years ago. I can't even remember if I took Rocket Surgery but I'm sure I would have dropped it after a week.

Both defenses suck, so this is going to boil down to O. Seattle has the QB advantage, can we as a team, overcome it with our best players who are all on offense?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m talking about for the cowboys, how they are built. Titans are built completely different. Cowboys are built to pass

look we are built to be balanced, theres a big difference, we are not built to where we have to pass or run..so just trying to be the pass happy teams who dont have choice, thats rare and takes an elite qb to run that type of show but even Aaron rogers looks better with Jones performing at higher level and KC saw that as well, and that rookie of theirs will be used a lot more to help take some pressure off Mahomes , reid was smart to see this because being a one trick pony can be stopped in the playoffs and against better teams with smart coaches..

Blanc has always been the key, having a run game that has to be respected has always been key and then to be able to pass to keep defenses from loading the box, thats key..BALANCE you can use either to set each other up

no reason to go to dak and say throw it 50times as if analytics says that smart, wont work long term..