Twitter: Cowboys positional ranking per ESPN

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. I believe The Athletic has our defense ranked 23rd IIRC and I would be more inclined to believe that ranking than this one, just my opinion.
Too many unknowns on the D to rank it anywhere at this time and the DC wasn't a DC in his last two stops. The D has changed out the front and back end and we don't know what we've got.

aria

Reaction score
Too many unknowns on the D to rank it anywhere at this time and the DC wasn't a DC in his last two stops. The D has changed out the front and back end and we don't know what we've got.
About the only thing we do know is we lost a great corner, I don’t think Diggs will be anywhere as close to as good as Jones his first year and we lost our best pass rusher and sack leader.

For some reason a lot of fans seem to minimize their absence because one didn’t get any INT’s and the other wasn’t good against the run :rolleyes:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
About the only thing we do know is we lost a great corner, I don’t think Diggs will be anywhere as close to as good as Jones his first year and we lost our best pass rusher and sack leader.

For some reason a lot of fans seem to minimize their absence because one didn’t get any INT’s and the other wasn’t good against the run :rolleyes:
That's the trend here as it was on DC.com. "We're fine, he wasn't that good and X will do well" becomes "why in the hell did they let him go"? We have the tendency to undervalue players they let walk.

I watch CB play more than anything except I admit being follow the ball on the live plays. Byron Jones coverage in the first 2 seconds was dead on. He's not a picker, his ball awareness and skills are not very good but as far as making the QB look elsewhere for a target, he was first rate. Hell, with the speed of most CB's, if they had ball skills they'd be WR's and make more money.

Sydla

Reaction score
Outside DL 18............ if only there were some possible solutions to fix that problem.