Cowboys Rank Next To Last In Brugler's Draft Class Power Rankings

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me what qualifies Brugler as an idiot? Is it that you don't know who he is? Or that you don't like his views?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
At first glance I'm wholly unimpressed w/this Draft Class.

At 2nd Glance it appears McClay / FO went for Home Runs vs. adding players to fit need. Regardless of media prognosticator evaluations.

At 3rd Glance I think they whiffed but deserve benefit of doubt for now. Recent draft success tells me we might be ahead of the curve somewhere.

I will say if Trystan Hill is the talent they think he is, this Defense will be very, very rugged in 2019 and noone will care.

The Cowboys have NOT earned the benefit of the doubt. They continue to take home run type risky picks in the 2nd round which is exactly what they did again here. The first round has been great, but the Taco pick screwed that up. The Cowboys clearly have a tendency to reach for need at times and this is where they typically get burned.

A team like the Patriots have earned the benefit of the doubt.

And on the Hill front, there is very little chance that he makes much of an impact THIS year. These picks can be solid picks for 2020 and beyond.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
The Cowboys have NOT earned the benefit of the doubt. They continue to take home run type risky picks in the 2nd round which is exactly what they did again here. The first round has been great, but the Taco pick screwed that up. The Cowboys clearly have a tendency to reach for need at times and this is where they typically get burned.

A team like the Patriots have earned the benefit of the doubt.

And on the Hill front, there is very little chance that he makes much of an impact THIS year. These picks can be solid picks for 2020 and beyond.
The draft is largely luck. The Patriots don’t draft better than everyone. They use veteran free agency and comp picks better than most. They rigidly stick to their system which requires versatility. They don’t pay pass rushers. They do pay corners and safety.

They have crap on the oline, Scarnechia coaches them up, and Brady throws quick passes to running backs and slots.

MikeT22

Reaction score
You must have a bot that scours the internet for negative stories on the Cowboys because that’s all you post is negativity.

Some can't handle an objective view. I think we just need to give everyone a trophy to please some of you.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Some can't handle an objective view. I think we just need to give everyone a trophy to please some of you.
He’s never been objective. It’s always negative so get the facts straight before you put your foot in your mouth agains.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The draft is largely luck. The Patriots don’t draft better than everyone. They use veteran free agency and comp picks better than most. They rigidly stick to their system which requires versatility. They don’t pay pass rushers. They do pay corners and safety.

They have crap on the oline, Scarnechia coaches them up, and Brady throws quick passes to running backs and slots.

You obviously dont know the patriots then and you dont follow the way they draft.

ESisback

Reaction score
Is that what you are doing to those who criticize or praise, you are do the same to them as they do about the team?

People can do both also, criticize AND praise. Where do they fall in your Idiot scale.
There is an entire range of what fans say and how the say it.
A lot can be taken out of context. As some just do not express it in words as to what they actually mean. :laugh:

There’s a small group of “Rah Rahs”, and a small group of Eeyores that are never happy. I’m advocating for middle ground, that’s all. Where do YOU stand?

cowboysooner

Reaction score
You obviously dont know the patriots then and you dont follow the way they draft.
They miss badly on lots of drafts. They are excellent at getting guys like Van Noy and Bennett. They are mainly great because they are better schematically than any team in the league. Their ability to morph into different schemes on both sides is unmatched.

However they aren’t awesome talent pickers as much as they are strategists to maximize top 100 picks

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
My opinion has nothing to do with this thread. Im calling out the hypocrisy of the homers. If Brugler gave us an A+ grade, he wouldnt be “idiotic” and his credentials wouldnt be questioned

Sure they would. It'd just be the fans on the opposite side of the coin, who actually put stock in what guys like Brugler say when his opinion agrees with their own.

Day-after grades are fodder for conversation. Anyone drawing conclusions about these guys at this point has an agenda, most likely their pet cat didn't get picked by Dallas.

Time will tell.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They miss badly on lots of drafts. They are excellent at getting guys like Van Noy and Bennett. They are mainly great because they are better schematically than any team in the league. Their ability to morph into different schemes on both sides is unmatched.

However they aren’t awesome talent pickers as much as they are strategists to maximize top 100 picks

Stop changing the subject. I am specifically talking about how well they draft even on 2nd and 3rd days of the draft. And they are awesome at it. Just like they reportedly nailed this draft as well. And they do all this even drafting late in rounds. Its not like they pick high. I read something the other day that mentioned that half of their defense was put together with picks in the 4th round or lower. Quite an amazing feat to say the least.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
In terms of determining outright success and failure, perhaps.

But this is more about his own perceived value as it stands right now based on his final rankings. It is just an opinion.

So you have several choices, either ignore any speculation until the season is over and just wave a towel or you can look at what it looks like based on perceived value.

Chances are pretty good if the grades were an A+++++++++ from Brugler, there will be very little talk of just waiting and seeing after the season.
"the Cowboys weren't going to rank high on this list without a 1st rounder"

Ok cool, hookem.

jay94

Reaction score
At least we know how our #1 pick is going to perform. We got a rehearsal from 2018. Not many teams get to do that.

Opinions from Brugler are just that. I am jealous though. I would like to get paid to guess who is going to be good and who is not. Great way to make a living.

Brugler is right more then he is wrong, he wasn't the only one. Across the board we are near the bottom. Guess what last year Pff gave us an elite draft grade. Everyone get off the hype train of giving away our first round pick, if we did it at the beginning of the season than sure, no but we had to somehow out of desperation had to attempt to salvage our season. This at best seems like a C draft and that is ok based on not picking until the second round. We could of had a DAY one STARTER and I imagine that is the reasoning for a lot of hating on this draft class. Yes poor safety play has COST us plenty of games.