CFZ Cowboys ready to make push into Playoffs

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s been 15 years since the Cowboys have made the playoffs in consecutive years which in 2006 and 2007 is only time in 21st Century. And a franchise that hasn’t reached the NFC Championship since 1995 in their last of 5 Super Bowl Championships.

Dallas is currently 6-2 which is same place we were last year. Only one time in Cowboys history did they fail to make the playoffs after starting 6-2. In 1986 after Danny White went down for the season the Cowboys lost 7 of their last 8 finishing 7-9.

Runaway division leaders a year ago the Cowboys find themselves trailing the undefeated Egirls by 2 games. So , even if the Cowboys finish strong and split with them they’ll need some help. Bottomline is the division isn't in our control at this time.

But with the NFC down this year we lead other Wild Card competitors for one of the 3 slots by at least 3 games at this time . So it would take a major collapse by the Cowboys not to make the playoffs. Or possibly one of the 4-5 type teams to win out. I’d say making the playoffs appears fairly certain for the Cowboys while their could be some bumps in the road .

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s been 15 years since the Cowboys have made the playoffs in consecutive years which in 2006 and 2007 is only time in 21st Century. And a franchise that hasn’t reached the NFC Championship since 1995 in their last of 5 Super Bowl Championships.

Dallas is currently 6-2 which is same place we were last year. Only one time in Cowboys history did they fail to make the playoffs after starting 6-2. In 1986 after Danny White went down for the season the Cowboys lost 7 of their last 8 finishing 7-9.

Runaway division leaders a year ago the Cowboys find themselves trailing the undefeated Egirls by 2 games. So , even if the Cowboys finish strong and split with them they’ll need some help. Bottomline is the division isn't in our control at this time.

But with the NFC down this year we lead other Wild Card competitors for one of the 3 slots by at least 3 games at this time . So it would take a major collapse by the Cowboys not to make the playoffs. Or possibly one of the 4-5 type teams to win out. I’d say making the playoffs appears fairly certain for the Cowboys while their could be some bumps in the road .

Its because we have a real coaching staff now. A REAL HC in MM with an actual plan and he brought in Quinn to man the defense.

NO more is it the hapless Garrett puppet show. MM can at least make it through injuries and adjust where the horrid Garrett never could.

Lets just be thankful Garrett is gone. Now at least we have a fighting chance to do something special. Before it was Jones AND Garrett we were fighting. Now its just Jerry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Its because we have a real coaching staff now. A REAL HC in MM with an actual plan and he brought in Quinn to man the defense.

NO more is it the hapless Garrett puppet show. MM can at least make it through injuries and adjust where the horrid Garrett never could.

Lets just be thankful Garrett is gone. Now at least we have a fighting chance to do something special. Before it was Jones AND Garrett we were fighting. Now its just Jerry.
I’d certainly hope a HC with championship pedigree and a DC who also has been to a SB would bring more coaching success.

And while we appear to be headed in a better direction we’ve yet to have any more success than we had with Garrett. Jethro could still be an issue with his meddling and toxic culture for example how he insists on starting Elliott.

I’d argue that the talent we’ve acquired defensively since Garrett left especially on defense is the biggest difference maker . How good is this defense without Parsons. Talent trumps everything.

Motorola

Reaction score

Cowboys play only 3 games in November - but they do so in a 12-day span - as does their division rival Giants. I expect both to be 8-2 when they meet on Thanksgiving. If Dallas sweeps November, they will enter December still within striking diatance of the division title plus moving closer to securing the 5th playoff spot.
And looking further ahead, the AFC South will be the Cowboys' opponents in 4 of the 5 games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I still think we can overtake the Eagles for the division as well.
But drop a game along the way until we play them again, could be it unless the Eagles really collapse somehow.
Yea, we almost need to win out . Unless we see the Egirls collapsing. Even if we go 8-1 we’d need them to go 6-4 considering tiebreakers possibilities . Anything is possible but I see Cowboys as a strong 5th seed at 13-4 or 12-5 at worse.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’d certainly hope a HC with championship pedigree and a DC who also has been to a SB would bring more coaching success.

And while we appear to be headed in a better direction we’ve yet to have any more success than we had with Garrett. Jethro could still be an issue with his meddling and toxic culture for example how he insists on starting Elliott.

I’d argue that the talent we’ve acquired defensively since Garrett left especially on defense is the biggest difference maker . How good is this defense without Parsons. Talent trumps everything.

Yep and no longer is Garrett lobbying for finesse type players. The whole tough minded lineman thing is in full force.

Garrett would have brought in some boob DC that didnt threaten his tenure here. MM goes for the best and he knows the best.

Garrett pushes for the Zeke's of the world while MM is pushing for Parsons.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But drop a game along the way until we play them again, could be it unless the Eagles really collapse somehow.

Lets make it a friendly bet on that one. I see very little chance, barring injury where we can overtake them for the division.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yea, we almost need to win out . Unless we see the Egirls collapsing. Even if we go 8-1 we’d need them to go 6-4 considering tiebreakers possibilities . Anything is possible but I see Cowboys as a strong 5th seed at 13-4 or 12-5 at worse.

Its probably not going to happen and it really doesnt even matter.

HillCountry

Reaction score

Still really hoping for an 11-0 Steelers kind of collapse.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yep and no longer is Garrett lobbying for finesse type players. The whole tough minded lineman thing is in full force.

Garrett would have brought in some boob DC that didnt threaten his tenure here. MM goes for the best and he knows the best.

Garrett pushes for the Zeke's of the world while MM is pushing for Parsons.

Those are/were Jerry decisions, including having Rod Marinelli around banging on the table for guys like Taco Charlton and Trysten Hill.

We seem to have a better bunch in place now, so hopefully they can get back to the postseason and do something when they get there.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Those are/were Jerry decisions, including having Rod Marinelli around banging on the table for guys like Taco Charlton and Trysten Hill.

We seem to have a better bunch in place now, so hopefully they can get back to the postseason and do something when they get there.
Hopefully with better results than last postseason!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Marinelli was Garretts DC. Should have fired him earlier. As HC its your job to convince Jerry to do less stupid. Garrett was a nobody. MM throws around his weight. The results are telling.

GMO415

Reaction score
I'm beyond just making the playoffs. Nothing short of the NFC Championship game is a failure.
boom-kenan-thompson.gif

Surfguy

Reaction score
We're so ready I got a tie that says "We're so ready!". Blah.

04c28980-3c14-11e7-a0ad-c71278200e11_drunk-uncle.gif

Staubacher

Reaction score
Funny what can happen when the Garrett stench is removed. Most of that 15 years with no back to back was him.

Man what a waste of multiple players careers...oh well

Flamma

Reaction score

I don't see why it has to be an Eagles collapse. We obviously have to beat them in Dallas, and we're 1 game back.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't see why it has to be an Eagles collapse. We obviously have to beat them in Dallas, and we're 1 game back.
That’s fine but then we’d have to go 8-1 or we’d need Egirls to lose more than 3 pending tie breakers .

Do you not think we are going to lose anymore games?

Let’s assume realistically we finish 13-4. Then we need Egirls to lose at least 4 games finishing 5-4. And that’s assuming we could win tiebreakers.

Even if we finish 14-3, we need them to finish 6-3. That’s needing a lot of help. And winning tiebreakers even with a win over them.