Cowboys reality check: Taking the temperature of Jason Garrett’s seat

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How old are you? You may not live long enough to see it in your lifetime.
I certainly don’t expect to se it. I’m just hopeful for 16 meaningful games each year. Nothing worse than watching a game when we’re already officially out of it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys were my favorite NFL team before they won a single SB. In my lifetime I've been witness to my team winning 5 SBs. That's by far better than most NFL teams. So it would be greedy of me to expect to see more but that's okay. I'm greedy. I want more and I honestly think that 6th SB title is not far away. I'll see it in my lifetime. I believe. Go Cowboys! :flagwave:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t really understand this notion we need to win Super Bowls as a definition of success or entertainment. Sure, winning makes it more fun.

Fans in Cleveland and Detroit for example are still supportive of their teams and cheer them on.

Just because we’ve had that type of championship success isn’t a guarantee we will in the future.

I’d argue with the record revenue and popularity the Cowboys continue to enjoy would reflect fans are more than pleased with the job Jerry and Jason are doing.

Batman1980

Reaction score

CPanther95

Reaction score
To whoever bumped him back into 4th, I accidentally knocked him back down again. Apologies. :D

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Batman1980

Reaction score
Doesn't he have the most losses in Cowboys history? Fitting for Jerry's 10 year pet cat.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Doesn't he have the most losses in Cowboys history? Fitting for Jerry's 10 year pet cat.

I'm thinking an actual cat could do a better job...

KB_Emoji_510x530_0009_CoachHairball.jpg

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Hope I'm wrong but the temp of JG's seat will go up when JJ's body temp is at 0.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Batman1980

Reaction score
I'd take Campo over Garrett at this point. Campo was hamstrung by terrible rosters he inherited and salary cap baggage.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
How old are you? You may not live long enough to see it in your lifetime.
Old enough to see a 1 and 16 coach win back to back Superbowls. Only difference from now and back then was FA as currently constructed did not exist so it was easier to turn around. We have a solid coach in place who has given us an identity to win games. Pretty much the same identity as Jimmy actually and just like Jimmy no one will want to give Jason credit until he is gone.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Old enough to see a 1 and 16 coach win back to back Superbowls. Only difference from now and back then was FA as currently constructed did not exist so it was easier to turn around. We have a solid coach in place who has given us an identity to win games. Pretty much the same identity as Jimmy actually and just like Jimmy no one will want to give Jason credit until he is gone.

Pretty sure no coach has gone 1-16. :p

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Who in the world didn't give Jimmy credit when he was here? The only person I know of is Jerry Jones. 8 years and counting for this great coach and we are no closer than we ever where when he had Romo. No excuse for wasting his career.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Who in the world didn't give Jimmy credit when he was here? The only person I know of is Jerry Jones. 8 years and counting for this great coach and we are no closer than we ever where when he had Romo. No excuse for wasting his career.

DeMarcus Ware, Jason Witten and Tony Romo should all line up and crack Jerry right in the eye.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
his seat is fine. its the fans that dont get it. the Cowboys FO isnt looking for a SB. They know Garrett cant produce one, so hes still a good fit. you can bring up 100 reasons to fire him, all legit. Thats not the goal tho. Sit back and relax kids. you are stuck with this reality.