Cowboys reality check: Taking the temperature of Jason Garrett’s seat

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
you take Jimmys teams away, what has JJ done?
You take the bullet in the head away, President Lincoln had a lovely night at the theater. There is no Jimmy without Jerry and there is also no SB wins in the 90's for the Cowboys. The team Jerry purchased was losing money. He turned it around bigtime.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
you add the salary cap, and Jimmy and Jerry can't buy a super bowl... is that why Jimmy didn't do well in Miami? hum

cml750

Reaction score
Garrett's ONLY strength is that he in no way jeopardizes Jerry getting credit if by some miracle we ever win a SB. Since that is Jerry's biggest requirement from someone he puts on the sidelines, Garrett's seat is ice cold and will remain that way as long as Jerry keeps making money.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
You take the bullet in the head away, President Lincoln had a lovely night at the theater. There is no Jimmy without Jerry and there is also no SB wins in the 90's for the Cowboys. The team Jerry purchased was losing money. He turned it around bigtime.

yes if you personally try to rewrite reality, it wont end well.

JJ has done jack since Jimmy. Even with Parcells here. So who do you blame now?

GenoT

Reaction score
Here’s the question I have...

Who’s handicapping this team worse?

Jerry or Jason?
That’s a perfect Catch-22.

GM Jerry isn’t good enough to overcome HC Garrett; HC Garrett isn’t good enough to overcome GM Jerry.

Round and round we go...

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I take anything put out by the likes of any media with a grain of salt. They just love to toot their own horn. It matters not a damn bit if a story is true, made up, speculation, or just a couple of these pin heads sitting around drinking cocktails blowing smoke up one another's rear ends. The new code for these so called "journalist" is if a story can't be found, MAKE ONE UP.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That’s a perfect Catch-22.

GM Jerry isn’t good enough to overcome HC Garrett; HC Garrett isn’t good enough to overcome GM Jerry.

Round and round we go...
Ultimately the responsibility falls squarely on who’s making the decisions.

Perhaps the bigger argument is between : is our talent or lack of it in certain areas more of the core issue or game day mgmt?

GenoT

Reaction score
Ultimately the responsibility falls squarely on who’s making the decisions.

Perhaps the bigger argument is between : is our talent or lack of it in certain areas more of the core issue or game day mgmt?
That’s debatable. But as I opined earlier, it’s a Catch-22.

Unless more good luck than can likely be expected comes into play, IMHO, Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett can’t overcome each other’s respective shortcomings.

We’ll see...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That’s debatable. But as I opined earlier, it’s a Catch-22.

Unless more good luck than can likely be expected comes into play, IMHO, Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett can’t overcome each other’s respective shortcomings.

We’ll see...
My point is I’d like our chances better of Garrett overcoming Jerry if he had more talent in key areas.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Like it or not being named 2016 NFL coach of the year bought Garrett some time. I do think how this season goes will determine Garrett future with the Cowboys, his current contract ends in 2020 but a poor season very well could cause him to be fired.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I don't know how hot Jason garrett's seat is but I do know from his history as long and he a jerry jones run the cowboys they will never come close to winning a superbowl

Big_D

Reaction score
That seat is ice cold. How could his job be on the line when the front office has no expectations?