Twitter: Cowboys receivers separation yardage

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
4-E6768-BA-1142-487-B-8517-E092499-F884-C.png

See that column titled CUSH - it stands for cushion and reprents the cushion in yards that the defending is giving

Boom thread still alive. But honestly this isn’t a bash ball thrower thread, but a “hey look Amari can help us cause he gets open” thread
You can't blame me, LP, when your recent history is full of Dak bashing. Good informative post, btw.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
You can't blame me, LP, when your recent history is full of Dak bashing. Good informative post, btw.
Naw man...my recent history is LVE is ranked top 5 in the nfl, receivers separation, and cowboys daily tweets.

However, I ain’t gonna lie...I’m not a Dak fan, but trust me if I wanted to bash on him, I’d be in on all those threads......

But you shouldn’t get mad at anti Dak peeps just like they shouldn’t get upset with pro Dak peeps. It’ll play itself out soon enough.

We’ve all been wrong before. I was wrong about thinking Swaim was gonna be trash, he surprised me. I thought that little dude that we traded away for the jihad dude was junk, but he’s doing pretty good. In fact we then got rid of jihad, and he has like 3 sacks a bunch of pressures at DT

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
4-E6768-BA-1142-487-B-8517-E092499-F884-C.png

See that column titled CUSH - it stands for cushion and reprents the cushion in yards that the defending is giving

Boom thread still alive. But honestly this isn’t a bash ball thrower thread, but a “hey look Amari can help us cause he gets open” thread

Kinda curious that half the list is TEs and most of the WRs are slot WRs. That seems unusual, how does this relate to how teams are covering Cooper?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Wow look at Amari.
But then again look at Swaim. Geeeez

From Next Gen Stats site
Average Separation (SEP)
The distance (in yards) measured between a WR/TE and the nearest defender at the time of catch or incompletion.

You have to take these numbers with a little grain of salt in terms of judging the WR. Different routes breed different separation. And it depends on how fast Dak hits guys out of their breaks. It's not just on the WR.

Linehan gives so many "run downfield, turn around, and stand there" routes that this surely drops separation. And Dak's lack of anticipation and hesitancy to throw surely hurts the numbers too.

slick325

Reaction score
Anyone post the NextGen "separation" numbers for HOF Cowboys WR Michael Irvin? Curious what those look like. Or did the timing offense make his numbers look amazing since his QB anticapted throws before he came out of his break? Oh wait! What about Irvin's TD in the Super Bowl in Pasadena where he catches the ball in tight coverage, spins, regains his balance and scores...how much separation did he have on that iconic SB play?

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Kinda curious that half the list is TEs and most of the WRs are slot WRs. That seems unusual, how does this relate to how teams are covering Cooper?
This was in response to a post to how the teams were covering Swaim which was also in the original list

As far as cooper I'd have to look and see.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Anyone post the NextGen "separation" numbers for HOF Cowboys WR Michael Irvin? Curious what those look like. Or did the timing offense make his numbers look amazing since his QB anticapted throws before he came out of his break? Oh wait! What about Irvin's TD in the Super Bowl in Pasadena where he catches the ball in tight coverage, spins, regains his balance and scores...how much separation did he have on that iconic SB play?
I'll look into that. But heck Mike caught everything didn't matter if he had 1" or 10 yards of seperation.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Chilly and wet, but all is well. How's your neck of the woods?

No matter what, go Cowboys