RELEASED Cowboys releasing Collins

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
At the time we hadn't signed Gallup, Hooker and Armstrong or franchised Schultz. So, you'd have to subtract that off the top. I don't believe in a hard cap. I haven't seen it play out yet, not once.

Clearly, I'm not a cap expert. I'm only going off everything I've seen around the league for years. I've said this several times here, but until AdamJT comes on here and lays it out, I'll have a difficult time believing in cap purgatory. Bottom line is we keep who we want to keep. When was the last time we had a player we loved and let him go? Byron is close, but he couldn't get picks and ultimately, that's why he didn't get paid here.

Even if that is the case, it's hard to justify how we had 14 million per year to give to Randy, but not anyone else.

Clearly not an expert. We do have the Randy money actually about $23m (if La'els money is be used to cover the draft).
But this position that we have money we need to spend it quickly is just ridiculous, especially when we have all these holes (especially O-Line). If you want to overspend, sure sign someone now, but it'll hurt when it comes to filling out the roster.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Clearly not an expert. We do have the Randy money actually about $23m (if La'els money is be used to cover the draft).
But this position that we have money we need to spend it quickly is just ridiculous, especially when we have all these holes (especially O-Line). If you want to overspend, sure sign someone now, but it'll hurt when it comes to filling out the roster.

Agreed and that's not my position either. It's also why I understood not signing a 33 year old Von Miller to 53 million guaranteed.

Someone like Za'darius makes sense, though. At least if it's near the contract he was offered in Baltimore. I'm sure he wants more now.

It does boggle my mind how we are so frequently willing to over pay our own, but get real tight when it comes to outside guys, who typically have a better resume.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
It's not as if you're wrong, but should we not try to get better regardless?

We have a ton of dead money already against 2025, and tick tock on the Parsons and Diggs rookie deals.

Yes the cap will increase, but you're still in a compromised spot vs other teams who didn't do that.

They should be more aggressive about the next couple of seasons IMO because the Dak dead money is gonna sting when that time comes and it's gonna coincide with the two dudes above needing to be paid.
We're repositioning ourselves to overcome 2022 and 2023....yes you're right about Dak and his void years. Those years are the safety value but have to be managed.
If by getting better you mean sign players, well yes, but it's not all about the elite players (which a lot of fans on here are obsessed with). We are already loaded with big top end contracts.
I actually agree we need some elite difference makers, however, we are only as good as the weaker areas of the team (I remember us killing the Buccs secondary in the first game as Adames was just not upto playing corner)...similarly Connor taken apart v 49ers.
Now moving forward we need the Osa's, Armstrong, Golston, Joseph, (and even rong Steele's) to step up as their development into starters reduces need at a cheap rate leaving money for a small number of elite contracts....unfortunately we've been doing it the wrong way round... spend on elite players first and then try and fill in...unfortunately with JAGs like Poe/Neal/Kazee or Kearse who soon demands paying.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It's about as confusing an off season as I've ever seen. Combine it with the baby daddy stuff and up skirts, and it's a dumpster fire. Oh, and please, let's not forget our early playoff exit. I don't think people have been this critical of the FO since Jimmy's early dismissal.

You would think Jerry would be trying to make some positive news, but he continues to make the unpopular choice.
It is bad. They keep making cap room. For what exactly? I think Jerry has suffered a big cognitive decline so maybe this is Alligator Arms running things. I have long said Stephen was going to be much worse. They need some pretty important and expensive pieces and FAs are disappearing quickly so they better get going.

glimmerman

Reaction score
That leaves us short. He didn’t have the greatest year but should have gotten something for him. 6th or 5th.