Cowboys rookie Michael Gallup “catching everything in sight” in Wednesday’s practice

JBond

Reaction score
His stats from 2016 are insane.

76 catches, 14 touchdowns, 1272 yards, 98ypg

All of his stats went up in 2017, but he only had 1/2 the TDs

100 catches, 7 TDs 1413 yards, 109 ypg
I will admit I wanted Miller. Quickly warming up to Gallup.

Hardline

Reaction score
His numbers were very similar to 1st rounder D.J.Moore and I am happier to have Gallup in the third over D.J. in the first.

Gallup has strong legs and I think will get a ton of YAC.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We all gotta just let this idea of "the triplets" go. Those days are gone. We are now built like the Patriots and Seahawks. We have wr by committee. We have TE by committee. We are going to have to spread the ball around to compete. We don't have 3 dudes on offense that we can hitch our wagon to. That's not what we are. We are moving to the next man up mentality. Like the hive lol.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
We all gotta just let this idea of "the triplets" go. Those days are gone. We are now built like the Patriots and Seahawks. We have wr by committee. We have TE by committee. We are going to have to spread the ball around to compete. We don't have 3 dudes on offense that we can hitch our wagon to. That's not what we are. We are moving to the next man up mentality. Like the hive lol.

Yep. We've only got one ;)

usa_today_9814790.0.jpg

Rayman70

Reaction score

usa_today_9814790.0.jpg
very TRUE . And to help him out,we need to be efficient and spread the ball around to the smurfs. Daks job is simple. Minimize mistakes, make good reads and throw it to the open man no matter what number is on the jersey. Just like the Patriots offense does. The notion of a true 1 wr is not feasible in this offense.

sbark

Reaction score
As they add and have to pay money to talent elsewhere, the money priority for a #1 wr goes down. We will see them letting wr go in the future and keep the cupboard stacked via draft and undrafted free agents

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The difference is one has Tom Brady and the other had a great defense. And usually around here there is no next man up because the backups have been terrible. If they are going to change their philosophy than they have to go all out.

J12B

Reaction score
If we found Keenan Allen 2.0 with Gallup our offense will return to 2016 form, if not better.

I've got my hopes up for this kid.

davidariust24

Reaction score

usa_today_9814790.0.jpg
Michael Gallup in my opinion looks like a young Reggie Wayne. And we all know how good he was.gallup has simialr size and speed and that penchant for route running. Hurns looks like a very good number 2 who can take over. A few games as a number 1 but I wonder about a whole season. Beasley is very good but he is a great 2 receiver. I like our receiving Corp alot but I think Gallup will become our number 1 receiver by the second half of this season and definitely next season.

davidariust24

Reaction score
If we found Keenan Allen 2.0 with Gallup our offense will return to 2016 form, if not better.

I haven't watched alot of Keenan Allen but I have of Reggie Wayne and this.kid looks like him alot. His size speed and route running look just like a young Reggie Wayne

I haven't seen alot of Keenan Allen. I heard heis really good but I do know Reggie Wayne . Gallup has the similar build size speed and penchant for running routes . Wayne is in the top 10 all-time receivers list

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Michael Gallup in my opinion looks like a young Reggie Wayne. And we all know how good he was.gallup has simialr size and speed and that penchant for route running. Hurns looks like a very good number 2 who can take over. A few games as a number 1 but I wonder about a whole season. Beasley is very good but he is a great 2 receiver. I like our receiving Corp alot but I think Gallup will become our number 1 receiver by the second half of this season and definitely next season.
I think it will not take that long he is going to be good straight out of the gate

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Watch Garrett not start Gallup. Instead hurns and twill will get most of the snaps w Beasley a
Majority of the snaps at slot.

He should get like 5 plays a game though. Hopefully more !

Dream killer dangit!

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Troy Hambrick was the goat in preseason. Then the grass blades became too stiff in the regular season and kept on tripping him.
It's not preseason. I was talking camp GOAT. Felix was going to tear up the league as he was tearing up camp but he couldn't even tear up preseason games.