News: Cowboys Rumored as Top Landing Spot for Former Pro Bowl QB Mitch Trubisky

blueblood70

Reaction score
"Iron Man" NFL QBs of in the 21st century
Philip Rivers - 15 seasons___started every game = entire career

Tom Brady- 1st yr took over injured Drew Bledsoe in 3rd game--started the remaining 14 games
2008 - only 1 start (end of season injury); 2016- 12 starts (suspended 4 games)
17 seasons___started every game

Russell Wilson- 9 seasons___started every game = entire career so far

Dak Prescott- 1st 4 seasons___started every game, plus 1st 5 of 2020; hope he returns 100% and gets back on the iron man track
sorry daks shoulder cost us the division and a playoff spot in 2019, dont gloss it over or did he just suk, use the excuse or dont either way not having a quality backup forced him to play and he looked worst then dalton in that game..hes no ironman that has now been busted..we need quality backup not just injury but holdout ..if you cant see past that well i say 20202 taught us having quality backup is neccesary..to bad that wasnt the only injuries' that killed the season..

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

More pure speculation based on absolutely zero information received from an official source. We're at the start of the off season for all but 8 teams so the wild speculations to get people to click on stories and increase the authors pay is upon us. I wish I had a dollar for every article of pure speculation last off season that turned out to be wrong and I would have enough money to buy a new TV.

Motorola

Reaction score
"Iron Man" NFL QBs of in the 21st century
Philip Rivers - 15 seasons___started every game = entire career

Tom Brady- 1st yr took over injured Drew Bledsoe in 3rd game--started the remaining 14 games
2008 - only 1 start (end of season injury); 2016- 12 starts (suspended 4 games)
17 seasons___started every game

Russell Wilson- 9 seasons___started every game = entire career so far

Dak Prescott- 1st 4 seasons___started every game, plus 1st 5 of 2020; hope he returns 100% and gets back on the iron man track
Matt Ryan- 1yr -14 starts, 1yr -15 starts, 11 seasons___started every game

Aaron Rodgers- 1yr- 9starts, 1yr- 7 starts, 2 yrs- 15 starts, 9 seasons___started every game

RonnieT24

Reaction score
sorry daks shoulder cost us the division and a payoff spot in 2019, dont gloss it over or did he just suk, use the excuse or dont either way not having a quality backup forced him to play and he looked worst then dalton in that game..hes no ironman that has now been busted..we need quality backup not just injury but holdout ..if you cant see past that well i say 20202 taught us having quality backup is neccesary..to bad that wasnt the only injuries' that killed the season..

I dunno about that but he certainly should not have started that game.. There are a few positions in football you can play effectively on little or no practice during the week. QB is not one of them. When Dak's shoulder got jacked up against the Rams the plan should have been to start Rush against Philly and only bring Dak in if necessary. Rush took all the snaps in practice that week and Dak was not even allowed to throw until warmups or maybe during Saturday walk-through.. That was stupid and as much a reason for Garrett to be gone as any. If you bring him off the bench in that game you also get the added benefit of the emotional lift of a guy coming in hurt to put it on the line for his team. As such you get a quarter, maybe a half of guys playing over their heads. If you start him and he struggles you get the exact opposite effect .. "The guy" leaves the game hurt and the guy who the coaches wouldn't even play over a hurt guy comes in.. whoopeee..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I dunno about that but he certainly should not have started that game.. There are a few positions in football you can play effectively on little or no practice during the week. QB is not one of them. When Dak's shoulder got jacked up against the Rams the plan should have been to start Rush against Philly and only bring Dak in if necessary. Rush took all the snaps in practice that week and Dak was not even allowed to throw until warmups or maybe during Saturday walk-through.. That was stupid and as much a reason for Garrett to be gone as any. If you bring him off the bench in that game you also get the added benefit of the emotional lift of a guy coming in hurt to put it on the line for his team. As such you get a quarter, maybe a half of guys playing over their heads. If you start him and he struggles you get the exact opposite effect .. "The guy" leaves the game hurt and the guy who the coaches wouldn't even play over a hurt guy comes in.. whoopeee..
so you agree but rush sux and thats why no Dalton or vet backup cost us the game..thats my point.mitch might be nice backup ? long reliver.

Motorola

Reaction score
sorry daks shoulder cost us the division and a payoff spot in 2019, dont gloss it over or did he just suk, use the excuse or dont either way not having a quality backup forced him to play and he looked worst then dalton in that game..hes no ironman that has now been busted..we need quality backup not just injury but holdout ..if you cant see past that well i say 20202 taught us having quality backup is neccesary..to bad that wasnt the only injuries' that killed the season..
Wow dude....calm down. I just got the notion to look up QBs that had significant number of seasons they did not miss a game.

1. Never stated the Cowboys did not need a quality backup (Dalton was subpar).
Every NFL team needs a capable no. 2 QB.

2. Prescott did not practice the entire week prior to that Eagles game back in 2019...I was not surprised he played poorly. And where did I use an excuse? Blame the coaching staff --they did not have confidence in the backup Cooper Rush. Blame the front office for not having a better player for QB no. 2.

3. Moving forward to 2021--I hope the Cowboys send a flier out to Trubisky.
It is probably best he moves on from the Bears. I don't know how many teams will want him as a starter (Denver?). Maybe the teams that pick the highly touted QBs bring in Mitch to be a bridge QB-- let Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, etc sit the first season and observe (like K.C. did with Mahomes).

Last edited:

Shadowfax

Reaction score
You people are crazy. Dalton was fine as a backup. Trubisky would be fine as a backup.

He’s supposed to drive the bus for a few games if your starter is hurt

if you’re expecting your backup to lead you to the super bowl ... well, I guess we should go get Nick Foles

jeez

Not every player on the roster can be a Pro Bowler or a future star.
Dalton wants to start somewhere. That is the reason for the speculation.

Scotman

Reaction score
No freakig way if something long term happens..glad you arent the gm..

Me too, BB. You think Jerry running the team sucks? Wait until a real fan like me takes over with literally no football experience. I was convinced we needed to let Aikman go and keep Walsh. That said, we need to really focus on developing a QB either at the #2 spot or the #3.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
I'd gamble on that, what do we have to lose??..We haven't done anything in years...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The hint at Dak not being ready to start next season, Week 1 was disrespectful, IMO. I'll roll with Gilbert as my backup even if that was the case.

Steve007

Reaction score
He is Dak lite, very lite.

Similar style QB so get why it's being discussed.

While back-up QB is important, we aren't winning anything without Dak right now. I'd roll with Gilbert.

Spend every available cap dollar on defense. Dak has the weapons; we just need some speed bumps on defense to occasionally slow down opposing offenses.
I agree. I would rather go with Gilbert as a back up. He is also cheaper.