News: Cowboys Rumored as Top Landing Spot for Former Pro Bowl QB Mitch Trubisky

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out who is going to rely on Dalton as their starter.

I don't see him going anywhere else as a backup.

Dalton is out of Dallas IMO. I don't even think it's a question. I think Dalton is going to get paid and if we can't offer him significantly more money, which we won't be able to because of the Dak situation, he's out. I don't blame him, he has like 2, 3 seasons left.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Dalton is out of Dallas IMO. I don't even think it's a question. I think Dalton is going to get paid and if we can't offer him significantly more money, which we won't be able to because of the Dak situation, he's out. I don't blame him, he has like 2, 3 seasons left.
Maybe. I just can't see who would be willing to have him start for them.

If its a backup job for more a ton more money I can see him biting, but if it's reasonably close I think he will choose to stay home. He has enough money already.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could see Dalton signing on with one of the teams that drafts a QB because they could pay him more and he could help indoctrinate the youngster.

The Cowboys paid Orton 5M, Dalton should at least get that.

The Cowboys need to draft the backup and make it the most mobile QB and build a few packages for him like Payton did Hill.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
As a backup, I have no issue with him.

It's a shame Trubisky will always be associated with Mahommes and Watson because truthfully, he hasn't had a bad career so far (29W 21L)

aria

Reaction score
Lol @ the same people who claimed Dalton would be as good, if not better than Dak, are now the ones claiming Trubisky will do the same. Rinse and repeat, same results.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Maybe. I just can't see who would be willing to have him start for them.

If its a backup job for more a ton more money I can see him biting, but if it's reasonably close I think he will choose to stay home. He has enough money already.

Well, how about a team like Houston? I mean, lets say they work out a trade for Watson, it would stand to reason that they would take a QB right? If they do that, they will need time for him to learn the NFL game. Unlikely he would start day one. So you would need a decen't QB to bring in and hold the fort till he's ready. If you have to wait a year, you still need a bridge QB to get you to your future guy. I mean, there are a lot of teams that could use a guy like Dalton. He's a lot better then most of our fan base give him credit for IMO. Honestly, I don't see how our fan base can't see that. Well, yes I can. They don't want to see it. Either way, I think there will be opportunities for him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Lol @ the same people who claimed Dalton would be as good, if not better than Dak, are now the ones claiming Trubisky will do the same. Rinse and repeat, same results.

He was just as good or better though. I'll take wins over yards any day of the week.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
he will be a transition player, keeping the seat warm for whomever is next. or he is a "we are tanking" QB for some team.

Steve007

Reaction score
the cap goes down for 2021, because of covid, so lets not make it out to be that its going to be permanent...and btw, all 32 NFL teams have to deal with this lower cap. its not a cowboys problem only.

and some of the contracts will also come off the books as well, hopefully Zeke, Smith, and probably T. Smith.
Zekes contract does not come off the books next year. There are other players who have contracts coming up liker Gallup. Just because the cap goes down for every team doesn't mean the Cowboys should over pay players.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
And for the record, yes I would want Trubisky over Dak.... taking their contracts into the equation.
Why bring in another Dak? Makes no sense.
As I said on another thread, Dak= Trubisky.

Dont see any reason to have either on the roster unless they are cheap backups.

P.S. does the Bears version of CZ have loads of Trubisky fans wanting him signed for 40m?
What in the actual four-letter word am I reading?

Have you guys ever actually watched the Bears? Or the Cowboys for that matter? I thought the "Dalton can be just as good as Dak" nonsense was the worst thing I've ever read, but my God.

bewp7

Reaction score
no thx unless some one is does think trubisky can be a franchise qb some day (lol)

i do not want to hear bench dak start trubisky after every time dak throw a pick or what ever.

just sign a solid vet back up.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Zekes contract does not come off the books next year. There are other players who have contracts coming up liker Gallup. Just because the cap goes down for every team doesn't mean the Cowboys should over pay players.
sorry if I wasn't clear. I was thinking about letting Zeke, Smith, Smith go.....

csirl

Reaction score
What in the actual four-letter word am I reading?

Have you guys ever actually watched the Bears? Or the Cowboys for that matter? I thought the "Dalton can be just as good as Dak" nonsense was the worst thing I've ever read, but my God.

Are you disputing my view that Trubisky is not a starting quality QB?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He was just as good or better though. I'll take wins over yards any day of the week.

No he wasn't. Every aspect of the offense got worse with Dalton at the helm.. the passing game, the running game.. scoring.. everything. What changed was the defense.. specifically its ability to suddenly force 3 turnovers a game. 2 of the 3 losses with Dak at the helm were one score games.. think maybe the defense delivering 3 turnovers in any of those games might have changed the outcomes? Any attempt to claim Dalton had anything to do with the defensive improvement is simply intellectually dishonest. Because that was what led to the wins down the stretch more than anything Dalton did.. But you already knew that..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He is Dak lite, very lite.

Similar style QB so get why it's being discussed.

While back-up QB is important, we aren't winning anything without Dak right now. I'd roll with Gilbert.

Spend every available cap dollar on defense. Dak has the weapons; we just need some speed bumps on defense to occasionally slow down opposing offenses.
Nothing like dak other than he can run a little.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Nothing like dak other than he can run a little.

I don't get this comp either. Trubisky has a TD/INT ratio of under 2 to 1. Meanwhile Dak is close to 4 to 1. That number right there tells me all I need to know about the difference between the two as players.. Trubisky has also averaged almost two yards less per attempt than Dak.. but the kicker to me is this.. He has had a top 10 defense every year he's been in the league until this year.. and top 5 twice and #1 two years ago.. Dak has been asked to "hide" his porous defense since coming into the league.. while Trubisky has been asked to ride his and take the bows at the end of games when they win.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
And for the record, yes I would want Trubisky over Dak.... taking their contracts into the equation.
tenor.gif