Cowboys schedule is brutal

CPanther95

Reaction score
Usually you look at the schedule and there are about 4 very good teams the Cowboys play. It's unusual you have a whole schedule full of playoff teams. Sure everyone in the NFC east has to play the same teams but the fact the other teams ha e to also play the Eagles twice gives the Eagles a big advantage.

Yep, the Eagles lucked out with the scheduling. They are the only team in the NFC East that doesn't have to play the SB Champs twice.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yep, the Eagles lucked out with the scheduling. They are the only team in the NFC East that doesn't have to play the SB Champs twice.
On the flip side the Eagles will be favored to beat the saints falcons and Panthers while those team are favored to beat the rest of the NFC east. Wentz destroyed Denver last year, yep the same Denver broncos that sent Dak and Zeke home with their mouth washed out with soap.

Billyd

Reaction score
I dont really look at it that way. I see opportunity and the Eagles overall strength of schedule much higher than last year...

Remember Dallas was 5-1 in div play..Not saying that will happen again, just believe that wash and the gnats are not going to be that much better. And philly not as strong as they were, perception and otherwise..An example would be loss of Blount, their second tight end...yada..

For the fools who think we will not have a passing game, that will be worth a few more wins!

Batman1980

Reaction score
And your not concerned with their defense?

I am actually but I think our defense will give their offense more problems than their offense will give our defense. I like our OL as is against pretty much every single DL in the NFL.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am actually but I think our defense will give their offense more problems than their offense will give our defense. I like our OL as is against pretty much every single DL in the NFL.
You are aware any great defense can shut down a running game. It’s then up to the QB to make them pay much like a blitzing defense or double coverage.

The equalizer in NFL is big plays thru the air to burn these defenses from stacking the lines, blitzes and double coverages. These defenses are forcing the issue and if you can’t put them back on their heels they’ll totally stifle you forcing you out of your strengths.

Good news is we won’t play these better defenses each week just like our defense won’t face elite QB each week.

Imagine if we had a QB as talented as our RB who could take advantage of our OL as much. Then we’d be a serious threat.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s great to hear your optimistic about the season. I truly wish I felt the same way although I do understand there’s a possibility we could start strong I was providing some of the scenarios I felt could provide a slower start.
Go Cowboys!!
DIE HARD--- in the last couple of days a discouraging feeling has hit me...would any of us be shocked if this year the cowboys in 2018 laid an egg?...no i dont think many would be shocked..disappointed yes but not shocked...now if we went 12-4 would any of us be shocked?...maybe a little bit..i hope we are either 12-4 or 4-12...just not the mediocre team,...4 out of 7 years Garrett has been 8-8..( i dont count 9-7 last year because we barely beat Philly's scrubs 6-0...and if somehow we made playoffs we would have been one and done for sure.....good ol Jimmy Johnson brought healthy fear to our team...to be honest with Jasons coaching i wait for us to melt down and lose a game we should win more than i feel confident we will comeback to win or hold on to win.....back in Landry and Staubach days i always thought we could comeback to win no matter what the score....i just dont think we have that "take no prisoners" mentality we use to have...maybe this will change starting this year?.....i hope so..sorry if i was negative nancy

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
P

We’re certainly going to give them every opportunity. Here’s to proving you right!
Die hard--- i agree with that mentality....why not give this receiving corps a chance to step it up?....it has been said the current receiving corps is taking all the negativity directed at them as fuel to prove everyone wrong...i hope they do....Hurns and Gallop and Wilson and we have other receivers who can get open and make plays...along
with Zeke doing a beat down on defense and maybe Tavon Austin zig-zagging his way for first downs and TD's...and we have potentially a really good group of TE's including if Rico can break through and block decent enough to keep him out there and then killing backfields with his big bodied getting position and catching TD's....did you see in preseason games where players just bounced off him trying to open field tackle him?....the dude is a beast..and i hope our coaching can ensure we get him out of the field...because if we let him go i guarantee another team will put him on their 53 and he will make great plays and it will be another good player we let slip through our hands...but i apologize for my previous negative nancy report....i am going all in on cowboys 2018...and making a Platinum guarantee cowboys will make the playoffs

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
They win about 6 games this year. It is what it is. Shout out to the front office for letting the skill positions atrophy to this point with their stellar foresight and vision.
Yet if they had been dumping money and draft picks into the "skill positions" people would complain that we weren't building from the trenches and running game. Always something with know it all fans!

Verdict

Reaction score
We are going to mow these ****ers off like a buzz saw. Line their ***** up. Here we come.

DFWJC

Reaction score
On the flip side the Eagles will be favored to beat the saints falcons and Panthers while those team are favored to beat the rest of the NFC east. Wentz destroyed Denver last year, yep the same Denver broncos that sent Dak and Zeke home with their mouth washed out with soap.
Not sure the Eagles will be favored at New Orleans but I think Dallas might be favored vs them in Dallas....right or wrong.
Guess we'll see

In any case, Dallas appears, at this early stage, to have a rough slate

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dallas is about to find out what the AFC east has been dealing with for years. They all have to play NE twice a year!

Johnny23

Reaction score
They have no offense aside from their RB, we'll be fine.
Not true. Kaelin Cole and Dede Westbrook have a ton of upside and speed to kill. Bortles actually played well the last two months of the season and they have faith in him. Marquise Lee can make plays at reciever though he does have the dropsies.

You should be scared of that defense. AJ Bouye and Ramsey at corner and we're trotting out Hurns and T-Will on the outside with Beasley in the slot against one of the best secondaries in the league. Then you have that front seven with speed especially yannick ngakoue who loves to strip sack guys and speed rushers have been known to give Tron trouble. Campbell, Jackson, and Daerus man the middle, and they have speedy Linebackers in Telvin Smith and Miles Jack. We're in for a long day on our offense with what we've got on our team.

You should be worried. Especially if Cole and Westbrook continue to improve full-time now that Hurns and Robinson are gone.

This is a rough schedule and it could easily turn into 2015 because we're a young team that's had quite a bit of turnover in personale.