Cowboys scouting dept lacking, i did some research of other teams practice squad rost

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Ok, it seems our scouting deparment for the cowboys is a little behind in getting talent,
I did just a little research and this is what i found, on some practice squads, what players do you think the cowboys should look at. As you might know if you sign a practice squad player you have to add him to your roster, here is a short list of some teams practice squads, what do you thiink?

Practice Squad Eagles
# Player Name Pos HT WT College Exp
42 Hefney, Jonathan S 5-9 190 Tennessee 1
76 Marquardt, Mike LDT 6-2 302 Arizona State R
17 McBride, Shaheer WR 6-2 205 Delaware State R
66 McCaskill, Nevin G 6-4 292 Hampton 1
64 Patrick, Chris T 6-4 280 Nebraska 2
18 Reid, Willie WR 5-10 186 Florida State 3
53 Studebaker, Andy LB 6-3 251 Wheaton R
31 Williams, Trae CB 5-10 195 South Florida R

Patriots Sign Six to Practice Squad
.fullpost{display:inline;}
After making numerous subtractions, including high-profile names like Chad Jackson and John Lynch, the Patriots made some additions today, signing six players to their practice squad. Defensive lineman Titus Adams, safety Mark Dillard, running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis, linebacker Vince Redd, defensive back Mike Richardson and defensive back Antwain Spann were all added to the practice squad.

Update: Tight-End Tyson Devree was signed to the practice squad 9/1.

Vince Redd, Antwain Spann, and Mike Richardson could all be called up to the active roster if the injury bug hits their position. While Richardson has been injured, Spann and Redd have proven to be able to contribute while on the field, be it on special teams or on defense.

Dillard, Adams, and Green-Ellis all are project players who the Patriots hope can develop into depth players in a year or two.

New York Giants Practice Squad # NAME POS Ht Wt Age Exp College 33 Barksdale, Rashad? CB 6-0 208 24 2 SUNY Albany 19 Biddle, Taye? WR 6-1 160 25 2 Mississippi 73 Clark, Jeremy? DT 6-3 309 25 1 Alabama 78 Douzable, Leger? DT 6-4 305 22 R Central Florida 70 Goddard, Na'Shan? G 6-5 315 25 1 South Carolina Louis, Cliff? T Morgan State 86 Milner, Martrez? TE 6-4 259 24 1 Georgia 3 Woodson, Andre'? QB 6-4 227 24 R Kentucky

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I like vince redd linebacker, andy studebaker and andre woodson, whom do you think could help the cowboys

I am thinking the best player that might could help the cowboys right off is vince redd of the patriots, we all know how belichick trains his players to play good on special teams and the 3-4 defense.

Kilyin

Reaction score
what we need is for someone to mail a copy of this post (crediting cowboyjoe, of course) to Jerry Jones and the front office.

It's not too late to save our season.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
DaBoys, someone had posted about the cowboys having holland and polk on the cowboys roster and possibly the scouting department and coaches inept at getting these players ready or finding good talent off of the streets. So, I posted some of a few teams practice squad players that might could help the cowboys.
I like andy studebaker, vince redd and andre woodson, not sure about the other players on the teams practice squad, so i was asking what some of you thought, if any of these players could help the cowboys.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Lotsa effort there cj. Appreciated, but this has been very apparent with the injuries. So my "conundrum" here is............do we pick bad, no talent hacks or do we have a bunch of bad, no-talent hacks for coaches? I'd definitely throw Reed, Stew, (Although I give stewart a little slack because I believe he's still riding the learning curve), Campo - cringed when he came back and barfed when I saw him on Hard Knocks. Same old "Good 'ol Campo". I'm wondering seriously about Houck's approach. Wade is a defensive genius but a horrible HC that lacks any form of a spine. He suffer's from "Can't put muh foot down-itis". And then there's "GM" who does not and never had any inkling on how to run a football team other than into the ground.

JMO, of course...............

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2414185 said:
the Patriots made some additions today, signing six players to their practice squad. Defensive lineman Titus Adams, safety Mark Dillard, running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis, linebacker Vince Redd, defensive back Mike Richardson and defensive back Antwain Spann were all added to the practice squad.

he rushed for over 100 last Sunday

I was pimping him in some of my mocks as a 2nd RB chosen

VACowboy

Reaction score
His production wasn't great in college and he got kicked out of UVA for taking part in a brawl at a fraternity house, but Redd is HUGE and FAST. If I'm a coach, I don't hesitate to dump a guy like Justin Rogers and give Redd a shot.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I remember when our scouting department were fools for not signing that undrafted 400-lb cartwheeling nosetackle from Galveston... The guy who lasted all of 45 minutes in Saints camp before he was cut.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i like our scouting dept, dont misunderstand me, the scouts i like,

now as you know the head person over the scouting dept that gets players off rosters or off streets is jason garretts brother whom came from the rams,

my question is the garrett brother doing any good?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yeah remember we got rogers, seems like rogers has been stuck in the mud since he got here,

im for giving redd a shot, couldnt hurt, might shake up the rest of the lower roster, to let those guys know their jobs arent secure