Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys select former Kentucky DT Quinton Bohanna at 192

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I mean you never know. I know it didn't end well with Xavier Woods but he surely outperformed his 6th round status. Donovan Wilson was a 6th round pick.

That's why you take the shots. I'm all for throwing lots of darts at the board and hoping one or more hits the bull's-eye. At this point, you are taking players you don't want to bid on as UDFAs.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Actually I don't think I'd have him out there on 3rd downs.......he's who I'd have on running downs.
Ya this is guy is never seeing the field on 3rd downs lol.

Pretty good pick here though. Alot of size power and leverage. Like you said earlier, they seem to be targeting guys with reach. He'll probably only ever play 15 or so snaps a game, but he will help create longer conversion attempts

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
When I watch him it just seems like he lacks size....seems a little light for the position when I see him.

DC.com has him listed as 318 pounds. I think his height is throwing you off. He's a block.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Pretty good pick here though. Alot of size power and leverage. Like you said earlier, they seem to be targeting guys with reach. He'll probably only ever play 15 or so snaps a game, but he will help create longer conversion attempts
I'll take it man....loving what they are at least trying to do with defense......

Maxmadden

Reaction score

Yeah, but maybe on 4th and 1.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
DC.com has him listed as 318 pounds. I think his height is throwing you off. He's a block.
OH yeah I'm shocked he's that big. Unfair to compare the two because he's a beast but to me I would assume Aaron Donald was bigger than him event though he too looks shorter out there.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would have preferred Togiai earlier or Marvin Wilson because of better ability to get into the backfield, but Bohanna is a hard player to move. Bohanna is essentially a bigger version of Antwaun Woods. Don't know if he's better, but he's both taller and heavier.
He'll move better if he plays at his weigh-in weight of 327 instead of the ~350 that he played at in college.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
all we have to do is line this guy up, and teams will be forced to go around this mammouth

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's why you take the shots. I'm all for throwing lots of darts at the board and hoping one or more hits the bull's-eye. At this point, you are taking players you don't want to bid on as UDFAs.
I agree. I always take these 6th and 7th round picks serious....odds are they will not make the roster but the Cowboys have always been ever to find some of these guys and even end up starting for them.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Really nice pick. Players like him aren't chosen high since they're one dimensional. But if this guy can give us 15-25 quality run stuffing snaps per game it's a tremendous help.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm greedy. I still want Marvin Wilson. Throw them all in a bag and let it sort itself out. Then, give me Uphoff or Washington to compete at safety.
Looking at who's left....I feel the same way....I just don't think you can have enough defensive linemen and if you do oh well....cut the worst ones....

Status
Not open for further replies.