Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys select former Kentucky DT Quinton Bohanna at 192

Status
Not open for further replies.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t think you understand why Bohanna was drafted. It was NOT to rush the QB.

100% understand why. I just see how most coaches treat guys who can't get push or rush the passer at all. It's a super hard position to find the right guy.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
100% understand why. I just see how most coaches treat guys who can't get push or rush the passer at all. It's a super hard position to find the right guy.

Have you watched any film on this guy. I am sure that he has shown the ability to get upfield, but his dominance is in the run game.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Have you watched any film on this guy. I am sure that he has shown the ability to get upfield, but his dominance is in the run game.

Guys who are productive at both don't last that long. I hope he is allowed to come in and make an impact vs the run. But then again if he comes off the field when we go nickle...that's 60-70% of defensive snaps right there possibly more depending on the offense we face. Can't dominate from the bench. And i'm not trying to bag on the pick, I just hope the coaches get him on the field more than 10-20% of the time so he can stop the run consitently.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nothing says progress like drafting multiple guys from the football powerhouse known as Kentucky. At least he's fat, I guess.
yup odd like 4 players off last years Kentucky team went tin this draft..they obviously had nice mix of talent..

quickccc

Reaction score
hard to believe i'm so elated that the club is finally drafting a young legit regarded big body whether that be a 1 tech in the 4-man look, ..or a base NT in a 3-4 look.
someone with the girth and power force who can command double team gap blocks, and occupy two blockers on the path to the ball carrier.
here's hoping qinton plays well to make the roster. we don't have time for any practice squad consideration.
We need the force to be with us. .. now.

Turk

Reaction score
Guys who are productive at both don't last that long. I hope he is allowed to come in and make an impact vs the run. But then again if he comes off the field when we go nickle...that's 60-70% of defensive snaps right there possibly more depending on the offense we face. Can't dominate from the bench. And i'm not trying to bag on the pick, I just hope the coaches get him on the field more than 10-20% of the time so he can stop the run consitently.
One of the reasons our D sucked so bad was the number of 2nd and shorts we had because we got our lunch eaten on first down. If he can take a bite out of that it will make a significant difference. IF we have more second and third and longs then we will be a much better D and the KEY TO THAT IS STOPPING THE RUN.

Its GARBAGE that if you cannot rush the passer you are worthless. TRULY MORONIC.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
One of the reasons our D sucked so bad was the number of 2nd and shorts we had because we got our lunch eaten on first down. If he can take a bite out of that it will make a significant difference. IF we have more second and third and longs then we will be a much better D and the KEY TO THAT IS STOPPING THE RUN.

Its GARBAGE that if you cannot rush the passer you are worthless. TRULY MORONIC.

I'm only telling you what the history of coaches has shown. Not many teams employ or want to employ a guy if they can only do 1 thing. Like i said above I would use a big run stuffer but coaches don't typically like to do that very often. That's most of the league from what i've seen. Guys that have that ability to push the pocket, tend to go much much higher in the draft cause there are very few. Maybe this dude can maybe he can't. But there are a ton of guys just like him who can not get onto the field. Just stating my observation on how a lot of these guys don't end up being used like you'd think, dont get twisted about it.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Name: Quinton Bohanna (+) Coming of Oct 2020 Leg INJ
College: Kentucky Number: 95
Height: 6-4 Weight: 327
Position: DT Pos2:
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2021
40 Low: 5.40 40 Time: 5.48 40 High: 5.57
Projected Round: 7 Stock:
same.gif

Pro Day Results
Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6040
Weight: 327
Dates: 03/31/21
Hand: 10 7/8 Arm: 34
Wingspan: 80 7/8
Height: 6040
Weight: 327
40 Yrd Dash: 5.48
20 Yrd Dash: 3.07
10 Yrd Dash: 1.81 225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 29
Broad Jump: 08'03"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 5.15
3-Cone Drill: 8.21

40 Time Range: 5.47-5.48/Projected 5.43/-30 LBs/No Bench-Shoulder

You are what you are. A big, fat, wide, long arms, short are quickness, dump truck with a load of dirt type NT. I do not like to draft these size players unless they have freak athleticism and speed. It is best to usually create these players by drafting a 6-4-305-310, 5.20 or less 40 time players and then put weight room weight on them.

But looks like he is naturally a big man (youth football photos shows he is a naturally big) and Kentucky did all the weight room weight as he played as a true freshman. So if that is what you want (BIG NT) then you got a good start with Bohanna.

Status
Not open for further replies.