Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys select UCLA DT Osa Odighizuwa at No. 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasticman

Reaction score
All I have to do is go back to the archives one, two, three years ago and read the posts after each player is drafted....and I am reassured that any negative reaction today by posters shouldn't be cause for alarm.

They drafted this guy because he fits their scheme. A lot of guys that we wanted wouldn't have been taken by the Cowboys even if they were available. We are impressed by their featured plays on video, they may showcase some athleticism, but many are irrelevant because the NFL requires far more preparation and study. Certain teams may covet different skill sets, even physical attributes.

It will be interesting to see how these careers unfold.

Plankton

Reaction score
Odhigizuwa is a leverage guy - long arms, strong for his size, wrestling background. He's quick, and a big effort guy. The weight is an issue - it will be hard for him to hold up inside at 280 pounds. He's the anti-Kelvin Joseph in terms of football character. I would have liked the pick better in the fourth round, but I don't completely hate it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The story of this entire draft for us. We’ve missed the better players by 1-2 picks all three times this year.
You left out that we kept our sacred 4th round picks. They allow trading of comp picks but we keep them. Then listen to Stephen say we need to save money. News flash. Paying 11 players is more expensive than paying 6 good players

Praxit

Reaction score
..well, if we're 7-1 by half season, then you know the draft went well.

kevm3

Reaction score
Damn....I seem to remember people saying we had a great draft last year....guess things change.

This team knows how to draft offense. Terrible at drafting defense. In recent defensive drafts, who have they come out with? Stephon Diggs is one of the few steals we've walked away with. Aside from that, we assembled one of the worst defenses in cowboys history. LVE and Jaylon had one great season and fell off a cliff and LVE's neck injury started to come into effect like many had suspected. Jaylon diminished. Randy Gregory looks solid when he can actually stay on the field... but that's the issue. He can't stay on the field. Awuzie got roasted at corner. Jourdan Lewis is boom and bust. In terms of coaching, fans were right about Mike Nolan as well, but even they underestimated how bad it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.