Cowboys settle cheerleader pay dispute, entire squad gets pay boost

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hardline, Sep 12, 2019.

1. waldoputty

waldoputty Well-Known Member

22,006 Messages
    20,127 Likes Received
    @dallasdave is missing...

dallasdave likes this.
  2. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

25,170 Messages
    8,706 Likes Received
    Ask all the cheerleaders if they feel uncomfortable or undervalued. And why they pursue this job/hobby/career-building gig. And if they will stay on.
    Blimey, the things I say!

3. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Well-Known Member

1,479 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    I know why....

4. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

15,456 Messages
    8,064 Likes Received
    I don't think anyone is, or has, suggested they shouldn't have the right to negotiate. I think they're saying nobody should feel sorry for them for making what they agreed to when they took the job, because they are not being forced to do this. It's their own decision.

5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

43,832 Messages
    43,081 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

Runwildboys likes this.
  6. lukin2006

lukin2006 Well-Known Member

7,536 Messages
    13,586 Likes Received
    Overpaid for drama master at the running back position but somehow these billionaire owners cannot pay all fairly...

I have no respect for these owners.

7. Number1

Number1 Well-Known Member

1,359 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    these ladies are literally world class pro athletes and often the face of the world's most profitable sports franchise

and should be paid as such - shocking to me JJ hasn't figured out the value the positive press it would earn

frankly, ... it's dirt cheap fool proof marketing - instant increase in media share and apparel sales ... market share

the kind likely to stick with you (like every lady broadcaster in sports)

that's a play JJ should see and make

8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

36,481 Messages
    6,094 Likes Received
    Are there people who feel sorry for them?

It seems quite possible that someone agrees they are underpaid while not feeling sorry for them. Every person in the United States has agreed to the terms of their employment so I guess nobody is underpaid.

9. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

15,456 Messages
    8,064 Likes Received
    I don't know where the whole "unfair" mantra comes from if it's not feeling sorry for someone.

10. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat Zone Supporter

5,324 Messages
    8,515 Likes Received
    Nah back then all the cheerleaders were highschool cheerleaders also and she had a twin sister

11. iceberg

iceberg rock music matters Zone Supporter

33,241 Messages
    6,323 Likes Received
    They are free to do whatever they want. Just voiced my own opinion.

12. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

2,256 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    Again, I either go to games or watch them on TV to WATCH THE GAMES. I couldn't care less what cheerleaders are paid, They're not why I went to the game or watch it on TV. Yes they are nice to look at, but I don't tell myself it's just about cheerleader time, but I do tell myself that it's just about kickoff time or it's time I got to get started for the stadium. Cheerleaders NEVER enter my mind unless someone else brings them up and again I do like looking at them. BTW I've probably been to many more NFL games than you have.

13. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

9,416 Messages
    12,142 Likes Received
    Congrats.
    You clearly missed the point.
    What you like or dont like have nothing to do with anything other people enjoy. The facts are that Cheerleaders provide entertainment to the crowd during commercials and other down time in the game.
    The NBA does this also. The place isnt only catering to your interest and preferences.

If you could care less what they are paid then why are you posting in a thread about Cheerleader pay?
    This is weird.

14. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

2,256 Messages
    784 Likes Received

First off the comment of yours that I originally replied to #120, at no time did you mention the cheerleaders. You did babble on about how high paying jobs have been replaced with lower paid employees and the highest paying employers now opposed to 25 years ago. To which I then asked you what that has to do with anyone watching games or not. Your response was to then babble about the cheerleaders to which I said I don't care what they are paid. Lastly I posted here to see how many actually care what they are paid and why and how that stops them from watch the games. To answer one of your statements about how they entertain during time outs or "down time" while at the games and my answer is I survive just fine while at home watching the game and at the stadium I survived just fine not noticing them if they weren't there. To tell you the truth while at games during time outs I'm talking to whoever is there with me and don't notice them and like many during halftime I'm taking a restroom break and don't see them then either.

15. 3rd_n_inches

3rd_n_inches Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    1,853 Likes Received
    I expect fans to critique their spirit fingers from now on

16. robertfchew

robertfchew Well-Known Member

884 Messages
    582 Likes Received

World class athletes? Sure dancing is hard i couldnt do it because im not flexible or coordinated or hot. if they were world class athletes they would be gymnasts in the olympics.

gjkoeppen likes this.
  17. Cmac

Cmac Well-Known Member

3,450 Messages
    2,574 Likes Received
    Should have gone to Cabo and waited for more money.