Cowboys should consider using acoustic accentuators

Verdict

Reaction score
ATT stadium is so large that it is really hard for the fans to get loud enough to affect the opposing team's communication.

While piping in noise is prohibited, I am not aware of any rule preventing reconfiguration of the stadium, so long as both teams play under the same conditions. (That's why the ceiling doors are either open or closed the entire game.)

The Cowboys should consider adding some dish shaped panels which hang from the rafters which reflect sound from the crowd toward theplaying field. I'm sure some sound engineers could assist with that project.

It would also help if they passed out some sound cones for the game to the fans.

Jipper

Reaction score
ATT stadium is so large that it is really hard for the fans to get loud enough to affect the opposing team's communication.

While piping in noise is prohibited, I am not aware of any rule preventing reconfiguration of the stadium, so long as both teams play under the same conditions. (That's why the ceiling doors are either open or closed the entire game.)

The Cowboys should consider adding some dish shaped panels which hang from the rafters which reflect sound from the crowd toward theplaying field. I'm sure some sound engineers could assist with that project.

It would also help if they passed out some sound cones for the game to the fans.

so some cones to funnel the sound? I smell a victorias secret ad!

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Having been to a few games at Texas Stadium and AT&T Stadium, as well as a couple of games elsewhere such as Century Link, the thing that would help the most is if fans got off their ***** and cheered throughout the game, not just when the team is up big or after a big play.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
This, right after there is another thread about the QB who plays down on the field requesting fans to quiet down when our own offense is on the field.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I think it's too hard in that large of a space. I remember Old Trafford in Manchester (Home of Man Utd) tried to reasearch something similar to get the crowd noise louder, but I don't think anything panned out. Now, a dome may be easier to work with, but the amount of surface area they'd need to make it worthwhile would be ugly and sort of embarassing.

Zordon

Reaction score
It's sad that you think Jerry cares about this issue. If he did he would have addressed it by now. It's been 10 years of the same complaints. At football games and concerts. No changes.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's sad that you think Jerry cares about this issue. If he did he would have addressed it by now. It's been 10 years of the same complaints. At football games and concerts. No changes.

It's ultimately up to the fans, not Jerry. Jerry can't force the fans to make noise. No amount of enhancement would matter if the fans aren't into it.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I have seen it posted several times on this board that the stadium design had optional acoustic panels and Jerry decided not to add them because the cost was in the 10’s of millions extra. As I understand it they could be added at anytime but are very expensive.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Having been to a few games at Texas Stadium and AT&T Stadium, as well as a couple of games elsewhere such as Century Link, the thing that would help the most is if fans got off their ***** and cheered throughout the game, not just when the team is up big or after a big play.

Was at the saints game. We got pretty loud that day.

Verdict

Reaction score

Having been a season ticket holder since it opened, I think you are underestimating how hard it is for the fans to fill the place up with noise, consistently.

Verdict

Reaction score
Was at the saints game. We got pretty loud that day.

Yes, it was but it took an incredible amount of effort for that to happen. Most of the fans probably couldn't speak normally for a week after that game.

Verdict

Reaction score
I have seen it posted several times on this board that the stadium design had optional acoustic panels and Jerry decided not to add them because the cost was in the 10’s of millions extra. As I understand it they could be added at anytime but are very expensive.

Anything would help, even if they aren't perfect.