Cowboys should have traded Ezekiel Elliott last year

aria

Reaction score
but they also had the GOAT QB AND HC so kinda hard to replicate that part.
Well CJ Anderson carried the Rams a large part of the way and the Eagles did it with Foles and Ajayi.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well look at the Super Bowl Championships,I was watching them all , at the time they were played. In Jan 1972 Duane Thomas was the Ghost, and Dallas won it's first Super Bowl, in Jan 1978 Tony D was the Jett engine to propel Dallas to it's 2nd Super Bowl, and in the 1990's Emmitt Smith willed Dallas to 3 Super Bowl titles. I think RB is very important, and all the Championship Dallas Teams had a great RB.

It’s just not a difference making position anymore. 1993 was a long time ago, and the game has changed a lot. This year’s championship showed what it’s all about now. You run to get into favorable passing situations. Passing effectively and stopping the pass wins championships.

Loso86

Reaction score
Running backs don't last that long and Patriots prove you can win without a star running back
Patriots had Belli and Brady as well. Zeke is also proving hes by far the best most consistent and healthy back in the league. Team runs through him

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Cowboys are crying for cap space you signed Elliott last year which they shouldn't have done made him the richest running back They should have traded him away for a first-round and a multiple other picks Running backs don't last that long he's about 25 26 and that's about right when running backs start showing their age Another blunder by Jed Clampett and Jethro running this organization

Didnt we had the conversation over and over again?

You dont draft RBs that high. All other problems we have to handle now are the reasons why you don't.

People dont say such things because they hate players. There are good reasons to it.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Shouldve traded dak too if they're not going to sign him this offseason. Jaylon and dlaws contracts look bad to right now.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke can convince me if he shows up cut and REGAINS his quickness and dedication we made the right decision. . However if we could have traded I would have done it because he was a shadow of his rookie season last year.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I think they could have done well without him with Tony Pollard and if they'd have kept Darius Jackson I'm sure by the time Pollard would have took off Elliott would have decided he better come out of Cabo and honor his contract
Have you actually watched Darius Jackson? I really wanted to him to work out as a speed threat but he is absolutely horrible at trying to anticipate holes or get around the edge. For all that supposed speed, it really doesn't translate to the game.

pete026

Reaction score
Cowboys are crying for cap space you signed Elliott last year which they shouldn't have done made him the richest running back They should have traded him away for a first-round and a multiple other picks Running backs don't last that long he's about 25 26 and that's about right when running backs start showing their age Another blunder by Jed Clampett and Jethro running this organization
If Zeke only "ran" like this sentence.

Sorry, timb2; these days you gotta have a laugh every now and then.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The Cowboys don’t make trades like that, plus Jerry has a track record of holding on to players he likes. Which is why he is such a poor GM. He allows his personal relationships with the players to govern the football teams future

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Zekes first couple of years was great and then he let his fame get to his head got into trouble and got banned. I think Zeke reached his peak already unless he gets humbled and turns it back up a few notches. But we would have to get a Hershel type trade to let him go.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Fug no

Sydla

Reaction score

They are not crying for cap space.

Adreme

Reaction score
There's some other teams that are just as stupid that do stupid stuff I was thinking trade to the Ravens or somebody else. Tampa Bay showed you how stupid they are they gave Tom Brady 50 million guaranteed

Why would the Ravens, who early in FA signed Ingram want EE? Why wouldn't the Bucs sign Brady for 25m per season when that is a discount for a franchise QB?

MaineBoy

Reaction score
If a whole new coaching staff with a team that consists of:

Dak
Zeke
Tyron
Zach Martin
La’el Collins
Amari Cooper
Michael Gallup
Blake Jarwin (will ball out this season)
DeMarcus Lawrence
Dontari Poe
Gerald McCoy
Randy Gregory
Sean Lee
LVE
Jaylon smith
Hilarious Clinton-Dix
Anthony Brown
Jourdan Lewis
Awuzie
and a couple of the best football players in college last year.

I think the front office has done its job and it’s on the players if we can’t put together a string of 11-13 wins this year and finally get that elusive 6th ring.

well that’s not as impressive a list to me as you I guess; Dak is average, who knows what Gregory is these days, Sean Lee is 57 and injury prone, LVE is already having neck problems and missed time, Jaylon Smith is a non-contact linebacker who plays soft and prefers open field tackles to preserve his product, Tyron’s back is giving out more often, and Dix is an upgrade but an older one. That’s seven players who are not that great or are injury prone and old.

blueblood70

Reaction score
1st off they arent crying for cap space, maybe they shouldnt have paid a WR 20mil that showed for 8 games? maybe they should cut Crawford, we need 2 kickers? Doesnt look caps and issue right now, you are misinformed.., the biggest issue is TFred sudden retirement that put 11mil in dead cap on us without warning.... the Fo was supposed to see that coming a year ago?

Zekes still one of the best players in the league and on this team!

maybe pay dak less, he wants Elite money ranked 10-12
the issue with that cap are NOT Zeke he signed a very team friendly deal and still played well.. get past it haters..hes here dont livbe in the past with coulda shoulda its wasted energy!