1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Cowboys should have traded Ezekiel Elliott last year

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by timb2, Mar 29, 2020.

1. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,611 Messages
    675 Likes Received

LOL, so now you are moving the goalposts once you realized you didn't actually look at Mark Ingram's numbers.

Ingram was definitely NOT the focus of that offense, but again he averaged 5 yards a carry and scored FIFTEEN times. he managed 'just' over 1000 yards on only 200 carries. he was very efficient, just like he has been his whole career.

You only looked at the total rushing yards and thought he was slowing down. Just admit your mistake and move on. Hold the L bro

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/I/IngrMa01.htm

2. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Well-Known Member

1,160 Messages
    800 Likes Received
    Find a better QB on the street right now, and I will be all for signing him.

3. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

42,817 Messages
    44,098 Likes Received
    You know for a fact he was just down there getting drunk, you lose credibility for the alone. As for contracts and such, it is the way of life. As life is not fair. Why do so many fans get butt hurt over things they can't control.

Fastpitch Dad likes this.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

24,634 Messages
    13,690 Likes Received
    No they should not have paid him last year. The history of RBs on second contracts makes for a bad bet.

ShortRound131 and timb2 like this.
  5. timb2

timb2 Well-Known Member

6,009 Messages
    11,799 Likes Received
    You said it right there in your own post he was not the focus for the offense nNow is it my turn to put a bunch of LOL LMAO Rotfl Etc does that make this post much more credible? Does that mean I got some over you haha LOL LMAO how about whatever?

6. timb2

timb2 Well-Known Member

6,009 Messages
    11,799 Likes Received
    Because who's next to not want to honor the contract I think you don't make exceptions cuz he's was a great Runner he's not going to be that great runner in three years he,ll be average and we're taking the cap hit for having the most expensive running back when a guy like Tony Pollard could do the same job for half the money easily

jay94 and aria like this.
  7. timb2

timb2 Well-Known Member

6,009 Messages
    11,799 Likes Received
    The same situation was with DeMarco Murray we let him go and how did that work out for us it worked out well

8. jazzcat22

42,817 Messages
    44,098 Likes Received
    Look at Zeke's contract, it has been posted on here several times, after 3 more years, Zeke can be released with minimal impact on the cap.

And Pollard looks really good, but has not really shown he can carry the load, not yet. He can't get those tough 1 yard critical 1st downs like Zeke can.

Fastpitch Dad and cern like this.
  9. jazzcat22

42,817 Messages
    44,098 Likes Received
    In this case history will not repeat itself.

Fastpitch Dad likes this.
  10. timb2

timb2 Well-Known Member

6,009 Messages
    11,799 Likes Received
    So kind of like Jason Witten should still be here right? Besides being 38 years old because he can get that one yard catch versus likely Jarwin because Jarwin was sitting on the bench not getting the chance like Pollard has too also

11. timb2

timb2 Well-Known Member

6,009 Messages
    11,799 Likes Received
    See my DeMarco Murray post earlier

12. jazzcat22

42,817 Messages
    44,098 Likes Received
    How in the heck you come up with this from my post. No, Witten should not be here, Jarwin needs to be the TE. But this no way relates to Pollard should be the RB over Zeke. This is a very bad analogy. It proves nothing.

Fastpitch Dad and dragon_mikal like this.
  13. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

6,166 Messages
    9,107 Likes Received
    Should've let Zeke walk. Would've given major cap relief and likely would've gotten a 1st or 2nd in compensation.

timb2 likes this.
  14. jazzcat22

42,817 Messages
    44,098 Likes Received
    Let him walk, we would have got nothing. :facepalm:

dragon_mikal likes this.
  15. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

26,402 Messages
    5,320 Likes Received
    That is a load of horse manure. Jackson just isn't good enough. There isn't a shade of difference. Jackson is nowhere near as good as Pollard or Elliott.

Amarillofan82 likes this.
  16. ksg811

ksg811 Well-Known Member

876 Messages
    1,695 Likes Received
    The only way to let him walk would have been to cut him. And if you mean the end of his deal, this year would’ve been the last year of his rookie contract since his 5th year option was picked up.

17. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Fire Garrett

9,516 Messages
    6,111 Likes Received
    We ended up with Zeke. What are you going on about?

stuckindc and jazzcat22 like this.
  18. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

6,166 Messages
    9,107 Likes Received
    I'm just not on board with handing so much cash to Zeke, hopefully he's gone after they finish the more expensive portion of his contract.

timb2 likes this.
  19. basel90

basel90 Well-Known Member

868 Messages
    1,136 Likes Received
    Dak absolutely regressed and was a non factor anytime the team faced quality opponents . 1-6 against playoff teams , only beating the eagles at home early on when the running game was going well . Dak has tremendous deficiencies that no one focused on in the zeal to get jason out . You watch Dak next season , now without Fredrick . I hope they McCarty can mitigate this .

Fastpitch Dad and RS12 like this.
  20. cern

cern Well-Known Member

11,386 Messages
    15,759 Likes Received
    Zeke is the best rb in the nfl. We were wise to keep him.