1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Cowboys should have traded Ezekiel Elliott last year

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by timb2, Mar 29, 2020.

1. aria

aria Well-Known Member

12,208 Messages
    11,769 Likes Received
    He did better without Frederick in 2018 then he did last year with Fred (even not at 100%).

2. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

6,164 Messages
    9,103 Likes Received
    Yeah that 8-8 record Zeke helped us get to was amahzing. Definitely worth $108 million.

ShortRound131 and aria like this.
  3. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

16,812 Messages
    20,735 Likes Received
    Just look no further than the SB champs. Speed everywhere.

4. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

30,571 Messages
    79,418 Likes Received
    Best year ever topped off with a Super Bowl win. :yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::welcome:

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
  5. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

12,287 Messages
    13,169 Likes Received
    Who warned Jerry?

6. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

7,122 Messages
    11,490 Likes Received
    Because it is true.

aria likes this.
  7. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

26,746 Messages
    17,391 Likes Received
    I 100% agree with this assessment.

But not because they need cap space now.

timb2 likes this.
  8. CowboyRoy

26,746 Messages
    17,391 Likes Received
    Yah, there would have been one dumb team that would have given us a first and a 4th or something.

timb2 likes this.
  9. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,612 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    You said Ingram was hitting the wall and washed up. here are you own words.

"Mark Ingram ism is a prime example of what talking about .Here's a guy that has slowed down considerably and he's bouncing around now. How many yards did Ingram get last year? 15 games barely over a thousand yards he's 30 years old he's hitting the wall "

And not a shred of it was true. Ingram had probably his best season as a pro. 5 yards a carry and over 1000 yards on 200 carries. 15 total touchdowns.

No runningback is the focal point of any team's offense these days, except for maybe in a few places in the NFL. But, you didn't say "he's not the focus" you said "he's slowed down considerably, bouncing around now, hitting the wall" and that was all demonstrably false and now you don't want to own up to making a mistake, heh.

MY post wasn't credible? Your post was an outright lie, and i even linked to stats to prove it. But yet i'm the one not credible. OK.

This board is something else, i tell you what

Amarillofan82 likes this.
  10. CowboyRoy

26,746 Messages
    17,391 Likes Received
    I would have done both. I would have told him that he could seek a trade if he wanted to or I would have started picking up the phone and trying to get the highest price for him.

If NOTHING came in as more than say a 2nd round pick then I just let him hold out for as long as he wants and play Pollard and sign another back.

Zeke actually had NO leverage at all because he was under contract for two more years and then the Cowboys could have franchised him two more years.

ONLY leverage he had was Jones thinking he couldn't win without him.

Cattle_Rancher likes this.
  11. jaythecowboy

jaythecowboy Well-Known Member

1,077 Messages
    812 Likes Received
    We wouldn't have gotten much for a running back who is holding out unless they get a new deal. No one is trading a premium pick and paying a record contract to a rb. Cowboys should have held firm and made Zeke play out his rookie deal.

12. ElGatoGrande

ElGatoGrande EGG

7,896 Messages
    4,679 Likes Received
    Jerry craves narratives, storylines, star players and I wouldn't doubt that there's a case to be made from the marketing standpoint. Sure, winning it all is a huge marketing plus, but extremely difficult to do. Much easier to build up a few players in the media and sign them for more than their worth. Once the unwashed masses start calling for change he gives them the coach's head and provides the appearance of motion, like something is really being done.

basel90 likes this.
  13. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

15,603 Messages
    9,379 Likes Received
    Only people crying are fans. Dallas has over 20mil in cap room right now without restructuring anybody that could free up cap space. Martin, Tyron and Crawford would give you another 20mil

Amarillofan82 likes this.
  14. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,612 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    What the cowboys should do is to release Zeke as soon as they are able to do so financially. In 2023, we have an out and if he's cut as a post 6/1 cut, Dallas saves nearly 11 million on the 2023 cap, and only has like 4 million in dead cap for 2023 and 2 million in 2024.

Please do not continue to pay this man past this out date in the contract, no matter how much he's producing. NEVER PAY RUNNING BACKS.

jay94 and basel90 like this.
  15. Fastpitch Dad

Fastpitch Dad Well-Known Member

511 Messages
    637 Likes Received
    Please explain how we would have gotten a first or second in compensation for letting Zeke walk, I really wanna hear this.

16. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

33,567 Messages
    12,906 Likes Received
    Did you figure in Dak’s $30.1 million cap hit if he plays under the franchise tag?

17. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

5,172 Messages
    4,920 Likes Received
    Which team would have given up that,,, the days of Hershel Walker deals are over.. and every other team in this league already understands the value of RBs,, except maybe the Giants and the Cowboys..lol
    Cowboys and Giants are two really antiquated franchises, pains me to say, but true.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    aria likes this.
  18. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

5,077 Messages
    5,107 Likes Received
    True to you, and probably a sizeable number of others. But you don’t accomplish/maintain what they have by being fools. We all know their shortcomings and their litany of mistakes, so there’s no need to waste time running through them again. It’s equally useless to recite everything positive, so let’s not go there either. Everyone has their opinions. If you’re unhappy as a Cowboy fan, you always have the option to flip, until the Joneses sell. I hope you don’t, because I like most of your posts. Just sayin’.

19. kumizi

kumizi Well-Known Member

2,394 Messages
    3,196 Likes Received
    In this case, it's true.

1. paying a RB big money
    2. letting a RB with two years left on his deal hold out and caving like the ****** negotiators they are

Cattle_Rancher likes this.
  20. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,157 Messages
    59,332 Likes Received
    It’s the way the league works now and has nothing to do with how the HC was. Bosa was gone, and he was the gem in that top group. But either Ramsey or a trade down was the way to go on draft day. And we haven’t started regretting that big contract yet, but at some point we will.

This is on top of the distractions and suspensions that come with Zeke. I’m only just talking about overdrafting and overpaying his position.