Cowboys should have traded Ezekiel Elliott last year

cern

Reaction score
Elliott played very well, the issue is it wasn't at an elite level like 2016. I'm not exact on why, but I did notice his legs weren't as jacked. We can all speculate as to why.
I wouldn't have drafted him in the first place. But his production is still up there.
The o-line did not play nearly as well last year as 2016. That fact, combined with garrett's predictable game planning did not help zeke.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
While they don’t have any Lombardi’s over the past 25 years (which frustrates most of us) the Cowboys are top 5 in regular season records, to go along with the top 5 in ratings and merchandise. I know, who cares, it’s not good enough, we have standards, yada yada yada. But it DOES elevate us overall against most teams.

We all want Super Bowl, and I choose to look forward.

It’s the NFL, playoff wins matter. Dallas is near the bottom. To lazy to look it up but the Jets have more playoff wins. As a fan, who cares about ratings and merchandise. That stuff is all living off the past anyway.

aria

Reaction score
The o-line did not play nearly as well last year as 2016. That fact, combined with garrett's predictable game planning did not help zeke.
They were rated the second best run blocking team last year by the most comprehensive measuring site available.

ESisback

Reaction score
It’s the NFL, playoff wins matter. Dallas is near the bottom. To lazy to look it up but the Jets have more playoff wins. As a fan, who cares about ratings and merchandise. That stuff is all living off the past anyway.
Dallas is near the bottom in championships over the past 25 years, but not overall. Why stress endlessly about things beyond your control? Whether it’s two or twenty years it’s history. Why respect a Lombardi from 2016 if a Lombardi from 1995 means nothing?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Dallas is near the bottom in championships over the past 25 years, but not overall. Why stress endlessly about things beyond your control? Whether it’s two or twenty years it’s history. Why respect a Lombardi from 2016 if a Lombardi from 1995 means nothing?

Buddy we have to agree to disagree here. Selling tshirts means nothing to me as a fan. Playoff success does. Jerry’s mismanagement of this organization has prevented serious playoff runs that were the norm back in the day. I am still a fan but not to the extent I used to be. Dallas is closer to the Bengals than the Pats over the past 2 decades. It’s a fact.

ESisback

Reaction score
I also think Zeke was JUST A HAIR slower. I noticed he ran into a crowd more often than maybe he should have.

ESisback

Reaction score
Buddy we have to agree to disagree here. Selling tshirts means nothing to me as a fan. Playoff success does. Jerry’s mismanagement of this organization has prevented serious playoff runs that were the norm back in the day. I am still a fan but not to the extent I used to be. Dallas is closer to the Bengals than the Pats over the past 2 decades. It’s a fact.

I imagine very few of us “old timers” are fans to the extent we used to be! Peace!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Cowboys are crying for cap space you signed Elliott last year which they shouldn't have done made him the richest running back They should have traded him away for a first-round and a multiple other picks Running backs don't last that long he's about 25 26 and that's about right when running backs start showing their age Another blunder by Jed Clampett and Jethro running this organization

#ZekeHate

Why not try to enjoy and cheer for Zeke while he's still playing at an elite level?

He'll be gone in 3-4 years.

Then you can hate away.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No, especially with Frederick not 100%. Even so, Elliott looked a touch sluggish at times.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I agree. Didn’t he seem to just run into the backs of his OL too much?
Not too often, but I noticed things weren't as clean. Part is the O line. Some people think they're all world. But there are issues.

ESisback

Reaction score
Not too often, but I noticed things weren't as clean. Part is the O line. Some people think they're all world. But there are issues.

Some on Columbo, some on injury, some on scheme, some on underperforming. I always lean toward a combination of factors.

Reactions: G2

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Well we spent a top 5 pick on the idiot and one assumes he would've gotten a huge contract. I don't know how the compensation works but I assume minimally we would've gotten a third. I'd take a 1-3 round draft pick and cap relief over the most over-rated RB in the league.
I third round pick is the highest compensation a team can get, unless it was just changed in the new CBA. No team has ever received more than a third round pick.

quickccc

Reaction score
I think they could have done well without him with Tony Pollard and if they'd have kept Darius Jackson I'm sure by the time Pollard would have took off Elliott would have decided he better come out of Cabo and honor his contract

LOL .. your point lost creditable when you brought up Darius Jackson - a scrub RB that never amounted to anything in the NFL, and who will likely be out of the league
soon, once all the practice squad runs even for him.
i don't what to think about you guys and the ever going Zeke hatery.

Is it based off supposed woeful- economics of paying a 2 time NFL leading rusher the top dollars, ...and for whatever reasons there are fans that either dont understand the cap and that fact that we are NOT cap-strapped , or they want to pretend that we are strapped capped for the sake of creatign a discussion where they can go after zeke or Dak, ..
or is personal with the Cabo holdout , along with the past suspension issues with Goodell and the league, which even that prove to be Goodell BS politics .
... or is this click bait just for the sake of having sumthin' to bum da gums rant about ? LOL :laugh:

plasticman

Reaction score
In retrospect, they should have let him sit out the season. The Cowboys save cap space and I assure you, their draft position radically improves