Cowboys should move up and get Lions 3 pick

IheartRomo

Reaction score
The offense does have an issue though. Yes it was number one but it only showed up like 40% of the time. That needs to be fixed

Its not that I think the offense was the 2007 Patriots. But to say “the #1 problem is the offense” is ludicrous. It’s at the bottom of the list.

could it be better? Absolutely. But fixing the defense, special teams, and coaching would have a much larger incremental effect.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If you follow any of my posts I wanted to trade everyone for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. I wanted to stockpile picks trade players that want too much money, etc. last year. Lawrence and Zeke would be gone. Dak would be moving on in a couple weeks to some dumb GM that is desperate.
Ain’t happening. Dak is here for the long term and for good reason, he’sa great QB. Just get use to it and move on.

JBond

Reaction score
Ain’t happening. Dak is here for the long term and for good reason, he’sa great QB. Just get use to it and move on.
I know. Dak is not great. He is a work in progress. Old Jerry will sign him. No doubt about that.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Its not that I think the offense was the 2007 Patriots. But to say “the #1 problem is the offense” is ludicrous. It’s at the bottom of the list.

could it be better? Absolutely. But fixing the defense, special teams, and coaching would have a much larger incremental effect.

Ya I agree it's the last problem

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Texans OL is garbage and he got sacked 44 times, almost double what Dak did. And they still made the play-offs. And Watson pulled a victory got his team in the playoffs while being down 13 at half against a stout Bills team. Dak didn’t win a single game this year when trailing at the half if I remember correctly.

This comparison is a joke.
The Bills suck and the point is that Watson also had bad games.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Texans OL is garbage and he got sacked 44 times, almost double what Dak did. And they still made the play-offs. And Watson pulled a victory got his team in the playoffs while being down 13 at half against a stout Bills team. Dak didn’t win a single game this year when trailing at the half if I remember correctly.

This comparison is a joke.
Last season Dak was sacked almost 10 more times than Watson did this year........ Dak also beat Seattle in the playoff game that same year.

Watson has issues with holding the ball way too long, or is that only a Dak bashing statement folks can use. Doesn't work for other QBs?

jnday

Reaction score
Last season Dak was sacked almost 10 more times than Watson did this year........ Dak also beat Seattle in the playoff game that same year.

Watson has issues with holding the ball way too long, or is that only a Dak bashing statement folks can use. Doesn't work for other QBs?
Watson is no concern for a Cowboys fan and holding on to the ball too long doesn’t matter either. As a Cowboy fan, I don’t care what other QBs do. My one and only concern is how Cowboy’s QB play. Dak does have a problem with hanging onto the ball for way too long. This causes sacks and rushed plays that fails.

jnday

Reaction score
Dak will be here for a long time. Jerry has never been a great talent evaluator and Jerry is known for not investing in the QB position. The main reason why Dak is on the roster is because Jerry thinks that he is getting a good deal by only investing a 4th round pick to get a starting QB. Jerry’s and your player evaluation skills are about the same. By the way, that is nothing to brag about.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Lol I hear you but it baffles me how you font put ANY blame not even a little on others who ate involved in the play...AT ALL...and how did we narrow it down to 1 goal line play?
Who narrowed it down to a goal line play? :huh:
I just gave you an example of a bad play call.
Second, I don't remember a play where Zeke gets the ball at the five yard line and misses an obvious hold which would have resulted in a touchdown.
Nothing that egregious stands out in my mind. Nor do I remember a well-thrown ball that was blatantly and obviously dropped by a receiver. But I do remember Dak not throwing a touchdown (or running for a touchdown) in three games where victory or defeat hinged on one touchdown.
Maybe you can refresh my memory in those games against the Saints, Eagles and Patriots where a wide receiver, tight end or running back made an obvious mistake.
I'll admit my memory is shaky.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak will be here for a long time. Jerry has never been a great talent evaluator and Jerry is known for not investing in the QB position. The main reason why Dak is on the roster is because Jerry thinks that he is getting a good deal by only investing a 4th round pick to get a starting QB. Jerry’s and your player evaluation skills are about the same. By the way, that is nothing to brag about.
Jerry didn’t draft Dak. Will McClay did.

Loso86

Reaction score
Who narrowed it down to a goal line play? :huh:
I just gave you an example of a bad play call.
Second, I don't remember a play where Zeke gets the ball at the five yard line and misses an obvious hold which would have resulted in a touchdown.
Nothing that egregious stands out in my mind. Nor do I remember a well-thrown ball that was blatantly and obviously dropped by a receiver. But I do remember Dak not throwing a touchdown (or running for a touchdown) in three games where victory or defeat hinged on one touchdown.
Maybe you can refresh my memory in those games against the Saints, Eagles and Patriots where a wide receiver, tight end or running back made an obvious mistake.
I'll admit my memory is shaky.
Lmao dude I'm not waiting no more time with you go watch film from EVERY game this year and you'll see drives killed by holding penalties and tripping. And zeke coming out the game and wrs dropping balls and bad play calls AND Dak being inconsistent in his throws and decision making. The blame goes around Equally get back to me after you've studied the film of the team and not just Dak

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Lmao dude I'm not waiting no more time with you go watch film from EVERY game this year and you'll see drives killed by holding penalties and tripping. And zeke coming out the game and wrs dropping balls and bad play calls AND Dak being inconsistent in his throws and decision making. The blame goes around Equally get back to me after you've studied the film of the team and not just Dak

I think you mean "wasting" no more time. ;)

Dak is the leader of the team. I don't care whether the offensive lineman draws a penalty. Dak is STILL responsible for leading his team into the endzone. Why? Because he's the QUARTERBACK. He's the one about to sign a mega-million dollar deal. Why? Because he's the most important element to the team, let alone the offense.
So while other positions are important, your quarterback, because he touches the ball on EVERY offensive play (unless the team runs a wildcat set), he is responsible for scoring touchdowns.

I know many don't like to hear that, but that's the role the quarterback plays because he touches the ball more than any other position and because he has the responsibility of knowing what's going on on every offensive play.

And if we're going to pay him $30 plus million, he BETTER get this team into the end zone when it's called upon for him to do so. It is OUTRAGEOUS that Dak Prescott could not muster ONE TOUCHDOWN in three games this season. That's not on the offensive line, the running back, the receivers or the tight ends. That's on DAK PRESCOTT as our field general. The quarterback MUST do what he can to win, to put the ball in the end zone. Stop making excuses for him through other players.

When Dak runs for a touchdown, we don't talk about the blocking from the line, the receivers, the tight end and Zeke. We talk about the effort Dak shows to get into the end zone. The same thing applies when he doesn't get the team into the end zone.

Don't like it. Tough. Don't demand and don't take the big contract.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score

Boyhowdy.

jnday

Reaction score
Jerry didn’t draft Dak. Will McClay did.
Lol, sure he did. Jerry’s ego won’t allow anybody but himself to take credit for turning in those draft cards. It is Jerry’s team and he wants credit for everything. Jerry doesn’t mind taking credit for McClay’s hard work.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The rest of the players don't want 35 million a year?
So you go blame everyone else then give Dak the big bucks to totally destroy us for the next 5 years!

Loso86

Reaction score
I think you mean "wasting" no more time. ;)

Dak is the leader of the team. I don't care whether the offensive lineman draws a penalty. Dak is STILL responsible for leading his team into the endzone. Why? Because he's the QUARTERBACK. He's the one about to sign a mega-million dollar deal. Why? Because he's the most important element to the team, let alone the offense.
So while other positions are important, your quarterback, because he touches the ball on EVERY offensive play (unless the team runs a wildcat set), he is responsible for scoring touchdowns.

I know many don't like to hear that, but that's the role the quarterback plays because he touches the ball more than any other position and because he has the responsibility of knowing what's going on on every offensive play.

And if we're going to pay him $30 plus million, he BETTER get this team into the end zone when it's called upon for him to do so. It is OUTRAGEOUS that Dak Prescott could not muster ONE TOUCHDOWN in three games this season. That's not on the offensive line, the running back, the receivers or the tight ends. That's on DAK PRESCOTT as our field general. The quarterback MUST do what he can to win, to put the ball in the end zone. Stop making excuses for him through other players.

When Dak runs for a touchdown, we don't talk about the blocking from the line, the receivers, the tight end and Zeke. We talk about the effort Dak shows to get into the end zone. The same thing applies when he doesn't get the team into the end zone.

Don't like it. Tough. Don't demand and don't take the big contract.
Dude in that case every qb in the league needs to score everytime the they haventhe ball which IS NOT the case lol I hear whatbyiur saying but geesh bro