Cowboys should move up and get Lions 3 pick

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The problem with this is the guys who will, actually make the calls, Jerry, Stephen, McCarthy and MCCay already think Prescott IS THEIR franchise QB and have already said so publicly so the chances of ANY trade up for a QB is less than ZERO.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem with this is the guys who will, actually make the calls, Jerry, Stephen, McCarthy and MCCay already think Prescott IS THEIR franchise QB and have already said so publicly so the chances of ANY trade up for a QB is less than ZERO.
Even if they didn't feel that way, trading up from #17 to #3 isn't something you can just do because you want to. It would take giving up something big for that. Likely more than I would want to give up for anything less than Joe Burrow.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Even if they didn't feel that way, trading up from #17 to #3 isn't something you can just do because you want to. It would take giving up something big for that. Likely more than I would want to give up for anything less than Joe Burrow.

It's not going to happen so why continue to worry about it?

Hadenough

Reaction score
There is no doubt they may see Prescott as thier franchise QB. Do they really want to pay him what he wants? Dak may want 34 mil a year and Jerry and Stephen might not want to pay that because they realize that Dak is a product of having great players around him. If everything looked fine, Dak would already be signed. For Stephen to come out and say Dak is their #1 priority sounds great but after he says that he states there are no meetings scheduled to meet with Dak and his agent. I would just franchise him and see what McCarthy can do with him.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
There is no doubt they may see Prescott as thier franchise QB. Do they really want to pay him what he wants? Dak may want 34 mil a year and Jerry and Stephen might not want to pay that because they realize that Dak is a product of having great players around him. If everything looked fine, Dak would already be signed. For Stephen to come out and say Dak is their #1 priority sounds great but after he says that he states there are no meetings scheduled to meet with Dak and his agent. I would just franchise him and see what McCarthy can do with him.

When Jerry, Stephen and now McCarthy say Prescott is their QB and number one priority that means just that. Seeing how Prescott already turned down a 5 year 34 mil a year contract at the beginning of the season because he will only sign a 3 year deal, that pretty much totally blows away your idea that Jerry and Stephen don't want to pay Prescott 34 mil a year. Here's a novel idea. Let Jerry and Stephen do the negotiating and evaluating Prescott's worth and just wait to see how much Prescott gets..

khiladi

Reaction score
Last season Dak was sacked almost 10 more times than Watson did this year........ Dak also beat Seattle in the playoff game that same year.

Watson has issues with holding the ball way too long, or is that only a Dak bashing statement folks can use. Doesn't work for other QBs?

1. And? Dak also has a top flight rusher last year and Dak still led the league in fumbles. Dallas was ranked two in yardage and rushing TDs while scoring.

2. You mean Linehan called plays that beat Seattle last year, the guy they fired. Basically you made an argument that the reason we won is because Zeke was the center of our offense. 29th last year in attempts, 28 in yards and 18 in passing TDs.

3. Texans have been ranked the worst in the league in OL pretty much since Watson as been here. They were ranked the worst in the league even before Watson started. Can’t sand the same for the Cowboys.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Reaction score
Dak clearly does not suck, but he's not a top 5 QB either. So, the question is can you build a good enough TEAM around him and still pay him silly money. If he's Russel Wilson coming into contract negotiations with a super bowl ring, its a different story. The problem we have is that the Eagles just placed a large bet on Wentz and the expectation is that b/c they made that decision, we should as well. But, what if drafting Jake Fromm and putting Dak's 35 million per year into upgrading the defense is a better approach to finally getting the team to the super bowl? Cheap Qbs on rookie contracts worked in Seattle, LA, and Philly. It didn't work in Dallas. So why pay the guy and surround him with less talent?

I agree with this 100%

Meanwhile at the star, the Jones Family has declared they don't set the market. They then set the market on DL and RB. Dak will get a team crippling payday and there will be no SB in Mudville for the foreseable future. I am not a pessimist, but a realist.

jnday

Reaction score
good deal. the name-calling and abuse are uncalled for just because you have a different opinion of Dak. y
You are exactly right. The Dak-lovers are led by three or four posters that turns to personal insults when the first post appears that doesn’t slobber over Dak’s lackluster talent. They insult the poster, his family and his culture without fear of retaliation.

king987

Reaction score
I really don't think the majority of fans don't know what it takes to move up that far. If you don't hit on a player then, your team is a dumpster fire. Ask the Commanders about RG3.

jnday

Reaction score
Do you really want me name the long list of QBs that the Jones have bought into over the years? Quincey was among the best. MM would not have gotten the job if he refused to work with Dak.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
You are exactly right. The Dak-lovers are led by three or four posters that turns to personal insults when the first post appears that doesn’t slobber over Dak’s lackluster talent. They insult the poster, his family and his culture without fear of retaliation.

You don't have to love Dak, but most of us just look for some objective analysis as opposed to the tired discredited trope that he's a terrible QB. Problem with you is that for whatever reason you have decided to let your hatred of the kid cloud your judgement.