Cowboys should move up and get Lions 3 pick

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by PAPPYDOG, Jan 22, 2020.

1. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

9,200 Messages
    6,791 Likes Received
    Team includes coaching we dont have a crap team either and were 90-7 and 8-8 and missed the playoffs most say because of bad coaching..so?? teams can win SBs with dilfers, flaccos, etc? yet we cant with Romos, Daks, and Staffords?

double standards?

2. shabazz

shabazz Well-Known Member

4,043 Messages
    6,865 Likes Received
    I hope like hell that your right concerning Dakota and McCarthy. Its going to be interesting to see the personnel moves the new regime makes. I would think that the majority of personnel decisions are based on the coaching staffs input and I hope that is truly the case here instead of the self proclaimed "GM" making it

I dont complain too much about Jerry because it pointless but I cant stop cringing when he starts spewing anecdotes and getting emotional.

Captain-Crash, Seven and Runwildboys like this.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

95,935 Messages
    21,882 Likes Received
    I think right now McCarthy will have a lot of say during this honeymoon period. I think with him being an established HC he will have his greatest input early on. Should he produce a big season for the Cowboys I think he can maintain control.

shabazz likes this.
  4. SackMaster

SackMaster Well-Known Member

464 Messages
    958 Likes Received
    Dallas Scored the 6th most points in the league last year.

And yet where Dallas had only 1 non-offensive TD all year (1 Fumble Recovery for a TD), the 5 teams above them had AT MINIMUM 4 non-offensive TDs (Interceptions, Fumbles, Returns).

But let's blame the QB when Dallas as a team was T-5th in the NFL with Touchdown receptions. That was better than our running game which was "only" T-7th in the league in team rushing TDs.

Then they were also Ranked 4th in the NFL in points per drive despite having the 3rd worst average starting field position in the league. And that's to say nothing about the coach they had to carry.

"But ... but ... but ..."

My question is, if Dak is sooooooo bad, why is Detroit not in need of a QB?

Out of Stafford's 8 full seasons as starter, he has only thrown for 30 or more TDs twice. AKA, the same rate as Dak. And he has thrown double digit INTs in every single one of those 8 full years (something Dak has only done once so far). Then add, the Lions are 0-3 in the playoffs in his 11 year career. At least Dak has a playoff win, despite being in the league almost 1/3 of the time.

But ya, the Cowboys should pay a kings ransom to jump up in the draft to get a QB in hopes that the kid pans out, because the Lions have their franchise QB and have absolutely no need for a new one.
    :banghead::facepalm:

5. rnr_honeybadger

rnr_honeybadger Well-Known Member

3,685 Messages
    4,624 Likes Received
    I think the offensive unit as a whole has something to do with that. But that’s just crazy talk to think that a team sport actually means that a team succeeds or fails as a unit.

Seven, Runwildboys and MichaelWinicki like this.
  6. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

16,416 Messages
    13,366 Likes Received
    At $15 million a year you are looking at a Ryan Fitzpatrick level QB at best - someone that is really more of a high quality backup than a starter.

MichaelWinicki likes this.
  7. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

32,061 Messages
    11,691 Likes Received
    You’ve completely lost your mind. I can’t think of anything more unlikely that would happen than the things you come up with to try and get rid of Dak. :laugh:

MichaelWinicki likes this.
  8. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

1,964 Messages
    1,666 Likes Received
    welcome to the offseason!!

Seven and Jake like this.
  9. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

18,421 Messages
    34,244 Likes Received
    Aw, come on. I'm sure if we can get this thread to 15 pages ol' Jerry will begin having second thoughts. :muttley:

Runwildboys and starfan1 like this.
  10. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

1,964 Messages
    1,666 Likes Received
    we cowboy fans have that skillset lol

Jake likes this.
  11. rnr_honeybadger

rnr_honeybadger Well-Known Member

3,685 Messages
    4,624 Likes Received
    That is assuming he had a mind to lose.

12. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

4,571 Messages
    4,570 Likes Received
    Exactly! Our problem was defense and ST.

Jake likes this.
  13. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

10,680 Messages
    11,426 Likes Received
    Yup! The problem is our defence was rubbish. And our coaching was bad.

ESisback likes this.
  14. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

10,680 Messages
    11,426 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

15. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

9,297 Messages
    13,648 Likes Received
    I don’t make excuses for Romo and Dak and I won’t make excuses for Stafford. The Lions need to move on from that high dollar bum of a QB.

Furboy likes this.
  16. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

32,061 Messages
    11,691 Likes Received
    I think his agenda is to come up with as many ridiculous scenarios just to get a reaction. I find it hard to believe that anyone could be that stupid but maybe he is.

Seven and MichaelWinicki like this.
  17. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

16,416 Messages
    13,366 Likes Received
    Can we do this, or do we have to ask the Lions first? If we can, let's do it now before we have to make a decision on Dak. While we are at it, let's ask Cincinnati and Washington who they plan to take at #1 and #2 so we can know who will be available at #3.

Runwildboys and Furboy like this.
  18. Established1971

Established1971 fiveandcounting

3,010 Messages
    1,517 Likes Received
    even still, improving the D and special teams are higher priorities than the O

atlantacowboy likes this.
  19. Established1971

Established1971 fiveandcounting

3,010 Messages
    1,517 Likes Received
    god it is so obnoxious when people ask a question and follow it with didnt think so.

Seven and Furboy like this.
  20. bodi

bodi Well-Known Member

5,027 Messages
    2,529 Likes Received
    you are correct

Eason began the 2017 season as Georgia's starting quarterback. In the first game of the season against Appalachian State, Eason injured his knee on a late hit out of bounds.[16] Freshman Jake Fromm, the highly recruited back-up quarterback, became the starter during Eason's absence. Fromm remained the starter even after Eason's recovery,[17] and led the Bulldogs to the 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship game.

atlantacowboy and dallasdave like this.