Cowboys should move up and get Lions 3 pick

eromeopolk

Reaction score
And get our new Franchise QB.
Lions would be dealing here I figure as they have no need for a QB.
Oh, Hell yes!

RXXMKX3NJ5CTFPL7UAVOF6NUNQ.JPG
I think I know the reasoning for your thoughts...

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
There is no guarantee the Cowboys would get a franchise QB by trading up. Could end up with the next RG3 that would hurt. Dak ain’t no worse than Jimmy G and Jimmy is in the SB you just got to have better coaching and build a good team around Dak. Rogers, Brees and Wilson are better than Jimmy G and they are watching the SB from their couch. I’d rather invest those picks into a good team and build up something than gamble on a trade up.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dak clearly does not suck, but he's not a top 5 QB either. So, the question is can you build a good enough TEAM around him and still pay him silly money. If he's Russel Wilson coming into contract negotiations with a super bowl ring, its a different story. The problem we have is that the Eagles just placed a large bet on Wentz and the expectation is that b/c they made that decision, we should as well. But, what if drafting Jake Fromm and putting Dak's 35 million per year into upgrading the defense is a better approach to finally getting the team to the super bowl? Cheap Qbs on rookie contracts worked in Seattle, LA, and Philly. It didn't work in Dallas. So why pay the guy and surround him with less talent?
Jake Fromm is probably the one QB out of the top 5 I wouldn’t want. I have rooted for that guy since QB1 and I think he is highly overrated. He should have been lighting it up like Burrow and didn’t. I think he is going to struggle in the NFL. Georgia made a mistake in not moving onto Fields.

Loso86

Reaction score
How do you figure? We held the Patriots to 13, the Saints to 12 and the Eagles to 17 in games where our quarterback couldn't generate one measly touchdown. All three were playoff teams.
Yes, the defense needs to get better. But it's unfathomable that we scored no touchdowns in two games and only one in a game we needed to advance to the post-season.
At this point, I don't even see Dak getting replaced, but he's got to do better than leaving a game (let alone two) without putting a single touchdown on the board.
No blame goes to the wrs or coaching?

DFWJC

Reaction score
And get our new Franchise QB.
Lions would be dealing here I figure as they have no need for a QB.
Can't suggest a trade unless you give a realistic way of getting it.
Leave out players, as that is make-believe. But there's a fairly accurate way to figure out what the cost of trade is in draft capital.
Trade value chart (accurate within 5-10%) + the rule of future picks less valuable than current picks . (current 2nd rounder equals roughly 2021 1st rounder if picking similar area in draft)

Now tell us how we get from 17 to 3.

Assuming Tua is your target?
Who's to say a team doesn't trade up to 2 to get him?

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Why Eason when Fromm is the better QB? Thats why Eason transferred from UGA. He couldn't beat out Fromm.

Fromm was handpicked by Kirby back in HS. He recruited him to bama, then begged him to follow kirby to UGA.

Kirby had TWO superior QB talents in Eason and Fields, and he stuck with his boy Fromm.

From spent half the season throwing for less than 50% completion a game, and our offense sputtered miserably in the second half with Fromm under center.

Meanwhile, Eason was making laser throws as the Huskies QB and Fields waltzed right onto the field at OSU, just months after being deemed 'not good enough' for anything at uga but trick plays and ended the season in NYC at the heisman after accounting for roughly 2x the TDs of Jake Fromm in 2019.

Fromm is not a better QB than Eason. Fromm is a game manager, and that's all he'll ever be. At his best, he is Case Keenum.

This means jack though. We aren't drafting a QB.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fromm was handpicked by Kirby back in HS. He recruited him to bama, then begged him to follow kirby to UGA.

Kirby had TWO superior QB talents in Eason and Fields, and he stuck with his boy Fromm.

From spent half the season throwing for less than 50% completion a game, and our offense sputtered miserably in the second half with Fromm under center.

Meanwhile, Eason was making laser throws as the Huskies QB and Fields waltzed right onto the field at OSU, just months after being deemed 'not good enough' for anything at uga but trick plays and ended the season in NYC at the heisman after accounting for roughly 2x the TDs of Jake Fromm in 2019.

Fromm is not a better QB than Eason. Fromm is a game manager, and that's all he'll ever be. At his best, he is Case Keenum.

This means jack though. We aren't drafting a QB.

UGA had nobody to throw the ball to this year. Its a very worn out topic of discussion in this area of the country. You can think what you want, but Fromm was a heck of a QB until his weapons went to the NFL. Their best WR this year was a transfer from Miami named Cager. It was pathetic and probably cost them a spot in the playoff. Eason was not a good QB @UGA which is why he lost his starting job and couldn't get it back. Maybe he's improved.........but he also played in a conference not known for its defenses.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jake Fromm is probably the one QB out of the top 5 I wouldn’t want. I have rooted for that guy since QB1 and I think he is highly overrated. He should have been lighting it up like Burrow and didn’t. I think he is going to struggle in the NFL. Georgia made a mistake in not moving onto Fields.

I'll refer you to his crop of wrs this year. Burrow had arguably the best WR core in college rivaled only by Alabama.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you think wentz is better than Dak. I would rather keep our Offense together and build the Defense and ST. We have no problem moving the ball. I think some have a problem with paying him wentz money because he wasn’t a top 1st round pick. But heck at this point he may be wanting more than that. No doubt he is wanting more than what he should be getting.

Sure, I'd rather build the special teams and defense too. BUT, how can you really address the defense with Cooper and Dak sucking away all the available cap space.