Cowboys should move up and get Lions 3 pick

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hope like hell that your right concerning Dakota and McCarthy. Its going to be interesting to see the personnel moves the new regime makes. I would think that the majority of personnel decisions are based on the coaching staffs input and I hope that is truly the case here instead of the self proclaimed "GM" making it

I dont complain too much about Jerry because it pointless but I cant stop cringing when he starts spewing anecdotes and getting emotional.
I still can't believe that Thanksgiving interview, with the glass of JWBlue taking center screen.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
UGA had nobody to throw the ball to this year. Its a very worn out topic of discussion in this area of the country. You can think what you want, but Fromm was a heck of a QB until his weapons went to the NFL. Their best WR this year was a transfer from Miami named Cager. It was pathetic and probably cost them a spot in the playoff. Eason was not a good QB @UGA which is why he lost his starting job and couldn't get it back. Maybe he's improved.........but he also played in a conference not known for its defenses.

Eason was never given the chance to get his job back. Kirby had made up his mind.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Easons much better than Fromm.

I know Fromm "beat him out" but thats because he was the first guy there.

He also beat out the kid who went to Ohio State who made Burrow transfer to LSU.

Their college careers don't matter.

Eason is an elite arm talent and ran a pro offense in college. I just don't like pure pocket passers and he's done nothing to show me he can buy time if need be.

Jake Fromm is the next Andy Dalton. He'll be ok. Eason has enormous upside. Fromm is low upside and low downside.

Do you do any research before you throw out "facts"? Fromm was not the first one there. Eason was first. Your also wrong about Burrow. He transferred b/c he lost to Dwayne Haskins not Fields.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eason was never given the chance to get his job back. Kirby had made up his mind.

It was an open competition. Eason was a huge signing for UGA and came with more HS accolades. Eason was the blue chipper and Fromm the underdog.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
It was an open competition. Eason was a huge signing for UGA and came with more HS accolades. Eason was the blue chipper and Fromm the underdog.

Fromm, the 5* qb who was offered by Alabama. Yeah, what an underdog.

Eason was the better talent, but Kirby had 3 years invested in Fromm at that point going back to Fromm's Soph/Jr year of HS. No way was Eason getting that job back no matter what.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Provocative statements are usually a characteristic of what type of poster?
Wait, is that a rhetorical question?...........or a trick question?............I happen to like provocative posters. I had the one of Farrah (you know the one)... very provocative.

willia451

Reaction score
Well, I may not have a clever video clip to share, but I have seen Dak for 4 years and i'm pretty sure paying him 35 million doesn't move the team further along.

You should learn how to add clever reaction gifs and pics. I love them. They're very entertaining.

If not for yourself, do it for the rest of us. :)

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Bring back the, “This Ain’t Madden” Emoticolon....:rolleyes:

reddyuta

Reaction score
Oh, Hell yes!

RXXMKX3NJ5CTFPL7UAVOF6NUNQ.JPG

this is just hater talk,Herbert will never be as good as Dak.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Rayne played well against them and I posted that in this forum. Hes wildly inconsistent and that was an anomaly against a good team......not the norm.
And that's just this season right? Cause you can't say he didn't play well against good teams in other years. With that being the case, do you think the team quitting on Garrett this year had anything to do with some of the games this season? Or is it just easier to blame Dak

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'll refer you to his crop of wrs this year. Burrow had arguably the best WR core in college rivaled only by Alabama.
Yeah, Fromm still should have played much, much better than what he did. His accuracy is off. He would be hated here, at least by me.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Sure, I'd rather build the special teams and defense too. BUT, how can you really address the defense with Cooper and Dak sucking away all the available cap space.
Tag them both and let Jones go. Scrape up enough next year to sign Dak if he balls out and let Cooper go.

Sully

Reaction score
And get our new Franchise QB.
Lions would be dealing here I figure as they have no need for a QB.

You must be visiting from Fantasy Island. Dallas would have to trade away (2) 1st Round picks and (2) 2nd round picks bare minimum. And then how does this team then fill in all the other holes with free agency? Arena Football league

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Y’all best get used to Dak being our QB. Heck maybe even try supporting him. He is gonna be around a long time...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tag them both and let Jones go. Scrape up enough next year to sign Dak if he balls out and let Cooper go.

Tagging them costs us about 48 million in cap space. Signing them to long term contracts would be the only way to keep them and sign defensive players who can upgrade the defense b/c you can spread the signing bonus out over 5 years and lower their salary. You want to get rid of Byron? Ok, but thats our best DB and you just dug a bigger hole to improve the defense.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And what assets do you propose trading? Excluding players, would likely cost us two 1’s and two 2’s.

We need those picks to address other issues on our team especially on defense.

Our 1 this and next year as well as our 2 and 4 this year.

Or our 1 and Tony Pollard but they have to throw in another pick.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Lol...and you guys know he's a franchise QB before he plays one NFL down, huh? Omg!